Grain prices
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Nov. 5, 2020, 2:39 a.m.

I am thinking Biden will eventually win even if he has to cheat. that's just how I see it

SO what about grain prices??

I am thinking no way Biden continues the trade war, for a lot of reasons which we allegedly/ mostly know

Still think china needs grain especially beans which could lift all grain prices

I am hearing SA may be a tad dry which would be a bit concerning to world buyers

Local prices have been strong for corn, so much that we have sold more than usual for 2021 delivery [bird in the hand sort of thing]

Did SA buy beans from NA

?Just some  thoughts about grains

Okay now set me straight on the real path going forward

Their is no one source for any of the above, just my thoughts

Down side is our combine is fairly new [low hrs] but for about a week we could not work two days in a row without a major break down. Two days in a row our combine would not even start in the morning. We told the dealer this is crazy, better watch the service call bills as we lose most of the morning trying to get fired up, even with dealer technician help, they can't keep us going. Plus two back to back, nasty day long bearing failures one of which the dealer had no information on correct re-assembly and of coarse we had to keep adjusting to get the gremlins out of that fix. [It was a bearing failure in a clutch assembly which would not engage smoothly after re-assembly] Why can't the Co even service their own machine with correct instructions Got so bad the local dealers, smelling blood in the water, starting sending out demos, thinking we would spend 500-600k plus for a combine next yr. This week so far has gone smoothly, but another demo combine is coming tomorrow

At one time we had three combines sitting around, just take your choice which one to try. Those have gone back today but with another one coming tomorrow, blood in the water takes on a whole different meaning

2 yr int free and we make the second payment this yr. Combine won't even last two yrs to get paid for and we have a truck load of problems. What a lemon we bought. Of coarse the trade in value is much less as every dealer knows we have a lemon for trade in

Sorry for the rant but hate to use what should be good prices to build a bank acct for a rainy day. Instead this happens. At least this week has gone smoothly with a lot of corn going in the bin every day, sold for a good price. My job is to watch and adjust the drier

Oh well, nobody forced me to take these risks. Will be a major meeting of the board of directors this winter. Some have it worse with no job, rent not paid, empty bldgs, small biz throwing in the towel , entire family possible eviction might happen etc Eviction is not pretty I have seen that when the sheriff comes

At least we buy groceries every week and live in a low risk virus community. Everybody in the family has remained healthy so a person has to count our many blessings

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!