Listen to the words
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by jmk - Nov. 5, 2020, 3:23 p.m.

If you listen to the different people from the two campaigns you will hear from Bidens people that they want every vote counted. From Trumps people you will hear we want every legally cast vote counted.  To me that is a big thing but you won't hear it from the news media.                                      

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 5, 2020, 6:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much jmk!

Good to read you.

The implication being that Trumps people believe there is alot of illegal voting and fraudulent activity taking place, where Biden doesn't care.............a vote, is a vote.

I would definitely say that many of the dems will take all votes..............even the illegal ones and there are attempts constantly taking place using schemes, even voter fraud to add votes for their candidates numbers.

However, despite dishonest people(from both parties) the rules/laws, even though they are really messed up in some states...........and with numerous humans errors/mistakes..... the enforcement, really does make it almost impossible to acquire the large number of illegal votes to change the outcome of an election.

I'm sure that it has probably occurred a couple of times in some tight elections but this is not likely going to be one of them.

Get ready to listen to Trump tell us for the rest of the month that the election was stolen from him. 

Some of the rules that were set regarding mail in voting did hurt him and probably cost him the election. But they were the rules/laws.

Considering the COVID pandemic, regardless of the dems knowing those rules would help them........they were justified.

Republicans fought against those rules..........not because they wanted to risk peoples health but because they knew it would affect the political outcomes in a negative way. Just like requiring voter ID helps them. 

Voting in person with ID helps Pubs. It reduces voter fraud too but I contend that voter fraud is not massive enough to affect, but just rare elections. 

By metmike - Nov. 5, 2020, 6:28 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60744/

metmike: "Recounts almost never change the election.  He would need 20,000 more votes in WI. He might get 200 more votes. Getting 2,000 more votes would be a shocker but 20,000 is impossible unless they discovered widespread fraud and thats not going to happen.

Trump will get bashed for contesting the results and asking for the recounts. Biden absolutely would do the exact same thing.

Unfortunately, we will have to listen to weeks of Trump rhetoric, telling us that he won the election but it was stolen from him. 

Of this, I am certain and its this part of Donald Trump that I am looking forward to bidding a farewell to!

And there will be no Constitutional crisis as joj speculated might happen the last couple of months. Trump will bitch but after all the recounts are over, every Republican politician,  except for President Trump will accept the results and things will proceed towards making Biden our next president. "

By jmk - Nov. 5, 2020, 11:14 p.m.
Like Reply

Metmike

I guess what bothers me the most is the fact that pole people try to determine the intent of the voter,not their job.

If you made a x where you were told to fill in a circle vote is no good and should not be counted.

If you failed to sign in the right place or didn't sign, vote is no good and should not be counted.

Rules are the rules and should be followed if not vote is no good and should not be counted.

If you are to stupid to follow the directions you shouldn't be allowed to vote in the first place.

To me these votes are just as invalid as any of the other things they are talking about.

By metmike - Nov. 6, 2020, midnight
Like Reply

"If you are to stupid to follow the directions you shouldn't be allowed to vote in the first place"

I can think of several reasons for why people might struggle with following directions and/or marking it perfectly.

Old age

Bad eyesight reading

Dyslexia 

Not fluent in English

By GunterK - Nov. 6, 2020, 2:33 a.m.
Like Reply

As Pres Trump is complaining about election fraud, the other side is ridiculing him for doing so. Biden said "nobody is going to take our democracy away from us".

Yet, just a few days ago, Nancy Pelosi said that Biden would be installed as president in January, no matter how the election comes out. In other words, they wanted to destroy the democratic process.

By metmike - Nov. 6, 2020, 4:17 p.m.
Like Reply

This is very true Gunter but it didn't happen.

What did happen, is that President Trump lost. 

It's one of the toughest losses ever.............Gore's loss in 2000 was tougher with regards to how close the race was.

But this makes it that much harder for somebody that has lacked certain character traits during his presidency that many of us continually overlooked because his agenda was wonderful.

Fighting the corrupt swamp. Fighting the military/industrial war making complex. Fighting the corrupt dems and MSM. Fighting the fake climate crisis. Fighting for our energy interests.

But this pathetic display of being a poor sport and refusing to accept the democratic process, making false accusations of voter fraud(he didn't like the changed rules but they all followed the law and we have no legit evidence of major voter fraud)...........is way too over the top for me.

He caused AZ to go against him because of this behavior and treatment of their favorite son, John McCain. Let's just be honest.

If President Trump had been a nice guy for 4 years, instead of a mean bully with stratospheric character flaws who told lies much of the time,  he would have won by a landslide.

I had always wished that Donald Trump acted just a bit more like Mike Pence and he would have been unbeatable.

Instead, this behavior caused him to be the most hated person in American political history with the most political enemies, many in power. Many of his enemies are corrupt and did corrupt things..............which caused me to defend President Trump frequently in battles with them.

Things will be much different with Biden in many, many ways.

We should look at the bright side. The amount of hatred in this country will plunge by an order of magnitude. With Trump gone, his haters will not have a target to hate.

WIth regards to Biden, I will be very outspoken in attacking him relentlessly (using data/facts and science) when he signs us up in the fraudulent Climate Accord on the first day he becomes president as he promised but I will never  consider hating him........no matter what he does.

I hope that others here will also decide to not hate Biden too, even if they disagree with all of his crummy agenda and think that he is corrupt, over the hill and just a puppet for the extreme left.

Hate will mess you up more than it does the person that you hate.

By jmk - Nov. 6, 2020, 4:36 p.m.
Like Reply

Metmike

I think you are right on so many counts for sure on Arizona. His mouth is his own worst enemy, I think the only thing the Pubs can do now is try to hold on to Trumps supporters and  try to steer all that energy into retaking the house in two yrs. At least for now thats about all they can do. Hopefully the Senate will hold the line on all the crazy crap thats going to come from the radical left.

By metmike - Nov. 6, 2020, 8:20 p.m.
Like Reply

jmk,

Thanks for your thoughts.

It's tough for republicans to have this loss, especially since it looked like a win on Tuesday evening but it could have been much worse if the Senate was lost too.

And exactly like you said, if Biden and the dems blow it, there will be a price to pay in 2 years, then in 4 years.

This is exactly the right attitude to have.

Nothing that anybody can do about the results. Some of the never Trumpers acted very poorly 4 years ago and we don't want to be like that.............although I can't tell anybody how they should feel or act except metmike.

We still live in one of the greatest countries in the world(Wayne has it pretty good in Canada too) and are blessed with so many wonderful things, most of which we will still have in 4 years, even if Biden raises taxes or passes liberal agenda. 

The biggest reason that I personally celebrated Trump's victory over Clinton was knowing that he would pull us out of the fraudulent climate accord. As an atmospheric scientist, this was a huge deal for me.

Biden is signing us back up the day he takes office(according to him) and is going to lead the world pushing this fake climate crisis, in order to save the planet.

The biggest reason that I am against this, is what they are stealing most from people to accomplish it. Not their money. We have more money than we need in this country and can afford to send more of it to poor countries.

They are stealing peoples intelligence!

People have a right to know the truth and that should especially be so about science. Science should not be political but climate science was hijacked for political agenda. Funny thing is that I would be for much of the Climate Accord agenda(if they called it something else).........if they would just tell the dang truth and not make up a climate crisis to trick people in order to help poor countries and to force rich countries  to cut way back on the overconsumption of natural resources. 

Regardless, I won't hate them for it and this place gives me an opportunity to offset the damage that they do in stealing peoples intelligence by providing  authentic science with actual educational explanations that ENHANCE peoples intelligence.

It's one reason that I'm the chess coach at 5 schools............to help develop the cerebral functions and add to the positive development of our young people.

Sorry to get carried away about the fake climate crisis again but its almost impossible to get the truth about this anywhere else.............and its not like it shouldn't be a big deal for an atmospheric scientist. 

There is a difference between accepting Trumps loss and accepting the fake climate crisis to me.

1. Trump really did lose fair and square. America voted. We need to honor those votes because THEY decide who the president is going to be. The next President is Biden because more people voted for him

2. With regards to climate science, people don't vote to decide what the science is. Politicians don't get to decide the science...........errr, I should say shouldn't get to decide. Climate science is based on universal laws that can't be hijacked by one political party that has decided to abolish the law of photosynthesis and rewrite climate history  and tell tall tales, exaggerating weather and making up all sorts of junk/anti science.

3. One of my favorite things to do is enlighten/educate people about things they didn't know. I will continue to have fun enlightening people with the authentic facts to offset the damage to intelligence which the other side does in pushing the fake climate crisis.  I won't hate them for doing what they do though. 

Actually, most of them believe they are doing it with altruistic motives, so its hard to hate somebody that actually believes they are doing something good. There are a tiny minority of the ones responsible for the bad science which is misleading EVERYBODY. 

The United Nations created the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) as the world authority on climate in the late 1980's............for all governments to follow. Most climate scientists work for the government and follow the regular IPCC reports like Christians follow the bible. 

This is how they were able to hijack climate science, even rewrite climate history by using the IPCC's massive control over this field. They are the entity behind the Climate Accord.

Who else ever told you this? 

Betcha you had not idea.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/27864/

There are dozens of threads at that link. This one tells much of the story of how the UN did it. Eye(brain) opening!

You actually have to scroll thru a lot of stuff, some that is just related but not part of the story/explanation. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/38156/

By TimNew - Nov. 7, 2020, 6:01 a.m.
Like Reply

You know what?   When the investigations die and Covid does not, I doubt the libs will be eating the crow they so richly deserve.  They will be too busy re-writing the last 4 years to even notice.