Thank You President Trump
27 responses | 1 like
Started by metmike - Nov. 7, 2020, 2:51 a.m.

I have a long list of things to thank Donald Trump for during his 4 years of working like a maniac for the American people.

I'll post them on Saturday. 

Please chip in with your own items that you are grateful to the president for.

Comments
By 7475 - Nov. 7, 2020, 6:36 a.m.
Like Reply

mm

I hope and think this should become a LONG thread.

There are specifics but more than anything is his acts of pointing out and exposing/threatening to expose-I'll just lump it together- "The Swamp".

And the reaction seen coming from half our population is enough to convince me he is largely on the money.

Thanks President Trump for giving us a chance.

John

By metmike - Nov. 8, 2020, 1:02 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks John,

I'll get to this on Sunday..........it's a long list and will take several minutes.

By TimNew - Nov. 8, 2020, 6:52 a.m.
Like Reply

THe best may be yet to come.

For instance..   I am looking forward to what liberals have to say in 6 months when covid is still an issue (tho it won't be reported in quite the same way) and when all the "investigations" into Trump will magically disappear.

Will they even notice?

By metmike - Nov. 8, 2020, 3:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks to President Trump for too many things for me to remember but here are a few:

1. Withdrawing from the fraudulent climate accord based on a fake climate crisis caused the world to condemn him for over 3 years. Trump was right, everyone else was/is wrong. It doesn't matter if 100 people/countries are against you(because they want your money here) and disagree with you and almost nobody is on your side...............it takes guts to do the right/best thing based on the truth........he promised to do this in 2016 and came thru for us. 

2. Battling with China to stop the massive, unfair trade advantage China has and them stealing from the US.......as he promised. 

3. Building a wall on our southern border.  I am for increasing immigration.  LEGAL immigration.  Illegals pouring in with impunity from the south was something President Trump slowed down..........as promised.

4. Thanks for creating jobs and taking unemployment to historic lows for many people, before the COVID pandemic hit the planet.

5. Thanks for pushing so hard to speed up the process in order for us to get a COVID vaccine in record time.

6. Thanks for renegotiating the terms of NAFTA. 

7.  Thanks for increasing peace in the Middle East and avoiding war and the increase in  military interventions that was a feature of most administrations going back many decades. Huge disagreements with the industrial military complex and many of the aggressive/hawkish generals that wanted to increase our presence in the Middle East, despite the people over their hating us for it. 

8. Thanks for exposing the Swamp. We always knew they existed but in order to defeat you, they had to come out of hiding and instead of using covert tactics to control our country, their all out war on you showed us who they are. The DOJ, the Mueller investigation...........2.5 year, 30,000,000 witchhunt to get you that created all of the crimes by its own investigation(by tricking your associates to tell a lie about something, then charging them with telling a lie to try to get them to testify against you). There was never any colluding with Russia but they knew that early on. If not for you, President Trump we never would have realized how corrupt these people are.

9. Thanks for exposing the dishonest and biased MSM reporting. Stations like CNN and  charismatic charlatans/ hypocrites like Chris Cuomo. We found out that their priority is not to report objective news as professional journalists but is instead, imposing their political belief system on us...............and how much they hate you. WIth you gone, we don't have to speculate on their agenda anymore...............we saw it clearly the past 4 years because of you. We know that they will treat President Biden, like they did President Obama much differently than they did President Trump. It's who they are. 

10. Thanks for showing us what hate will cause people to do. Sadly, you did bring out the worst in your enemies and you were very divisive but they always blamed it on you and justified their dishonesty and hatred because you caused them to be that way.  People act that way because thats who they are NOT because somebody they dislike caused them to be that way. 

11. Thanks for having more energy than any president in history. Using much of it to bust your butt for the American people. 

12. Thanks for exposing the legit Biden family corruption........and getting impeached for trying to do it. Another example of also exposing the blatant bias of the MSM, social media giants, Dems and DOJ/swamp....................all working together as "the enemies of the people"  to crush and discredit news/sources that hurt their agenda and  give favorable coverage to entities that favor their agenda. 

By metmike - Nov. 9, 2020, 2:32 a.m.
Like Reply

Despite being grateful to President Trump for his dedicated service for 4 years with just some of the positive contributions noted above, he is doing everybody a great disservice right now by not accepting the results of last weeks presidential election.

Please Mr. President, concede the election ASAP. Behaving this way in the waning months of your only term as president is what people will remember the most. 

This is not what you want to be remembered for. 

By 7475 - Nov. 9, 2020, 7:05 a.m.
Like Reply

And how about that North Korean initiative.

Unless its already mentioned and I missed it.

John

And whoaing back on the Iranian nuclear deal,

. And what appeared to be a hands off policy on private enterprise's space efforts

By cutworm - Nov. 9, 2020, 7:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Not giving boat loads of money to Iran 

Making us Energy self sufficient , that kept $ away from radical states

Making us strong militarily. and not using it to start new wars 

Operation warp speed. All the things that Peter Navarro did to get ventilators and PPE production up. the best response to an unknow pandemic that I believe was possible

Thank you for not being socially correct. and being as open as possible to your thoughts.

Thank you for believing that abortion is wrong. and infantcide is murder

More latter when I have time 

By 7475 - Nov. 9, 2020, 8:11 a.m.
Like Reply

And how about being the chief and getting (almost ready) a useable vaccine to the public in record time.

Guess who will be taking credit for that!

Thanks President Trump

Take some time off -sit back and watch the follies.

You're set and thanks for trying so damn hard to help us

John

By metmike - Nov. 9, 2020, 8:20 a.m.
Like Reply

Great additions!

By mcfarm - Nov. 9, 2020, 7:31 p.m.
Like Reply

thankyou Pres. Trump for working your tail off for the American people. Do not believe I have ever seen  Pres work harder. And most important it was for all people. You and all your family have worked tirelessly  and taken a lot crap, un justified crap for your efforts. 

MM as for fighting corruption what is a man who would not fight voter corruption. Its elemental to America and yes
Trump has to fight this fight. This cheating with no consequences goes way back for libs but it got really big in the JFK v Nixon in 1960 and what happened? Eveybody told Nixon  not to fight, do it for the good of the country and let the dem cheat and win. Well he did and it has gotten worse every election since. Damn right fight this, fight this because its right and if he does not we lose what little intergrity we have left.

By joj - Nov. 9, 2020, 8:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Thank you Mr. President for busting your tail watching 6 house of cable news each day and playing more than twice as much golf as Obama even though you maligned him for playing golf.

Thank you for making arms deals with oil sheiks in the ME and calling it a "peace deal".

Thank you for advancing Irans nuclear program by pulling out of a deal for one reason and one reason ONLY.  Obama did it so it must be reversed.

Thank you for undermining the NATO alliance that has provided security and prosperity for 75 years and cozying up to dictators like NK, Turkey and Russia.

Thank you for legitimizing N. Korea and getting back nothing for it.

Thank you for reducing immigration by locking children in cages.

Thank you for blowing a giant hole in the budget.  (Brace for it....  GOP to become fiscally responsible now that Biden is in office)

Thank you for advancing the cause of gaining control of a woman's uterus.

Thank you for lying more than any president in history.

Thank you for undermining our faith in a free press by calling them the "enemy of the people".  (Stalin also said those words)

Thanks for your ongoing effort to divide the country by not making a concession phone call to Biden like Hillary did to you in 2016.

I'm sure I've forgotten others.  I felt obliged to do this since I'm the only left of center viewpoint remaining at MF as the moderator chased away all the others.  (just stating facts as MM would say).   You'll have to ban me Mike.  You can't chase me away with mean sarcastic posts directed at me.

By cutworm - Nov. 9, 2020, 8:33 p.m.
Like Reply

"Thank you for reducing immigration by locking children in cages."

Trump used facilities that were built during the Obama-Biden administration to house children at the border. They are chain-link enclosures inside border facilities where migrants were temporarily housed, separated by sex and age.

At the height of the controversy over Trump’s zero-tolerance policy at the border, photos that circulated online of children in the enclosures generated great anger. But those photos — by The Associated Press — were taken in 2014 and depicted some of the thousands of unaccompanied children held by President Barack Obama.

When that fact came to light, some Democrats and activists who had tweeted the photos deleted their tweets. But prominent Democrats have continued to cite cages for children as a distinctive cruelty of Trump.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-democratic-national-convention-ap-fact-check-immigration-politics-2663c84832a13cdd7a8233becfc7a5f3

AP news fact check

By cutworm - Nov. 9, 2020, 8:38 p.m.
Like Reply

"Thank you for advancing Irans nuclear program by pulling out of a deal for one reason and one reason ONLY.  Obama did it so it must be reversed."

The Iran "deal" gave Iran the money that they needed to continue the nuclear program. Trump understands that terrorist Iran can be crippled by not financing them. 

By cutworm - Nov. 9, 2020, 8:47 p.m.
Like Reply

joj    "Thank you for lying more than any president in history."

What is your proof of this? With out any proof you need to apologize. 

By cutworm - Nov. 9, 2020, 8:56 p.m.
Like Reply

joj "Thank you for undermining our faith in a free press by calling them the "enemy of the people".  (Stalin also said those words)"

BUT trump did nothing but accuse them

George Washington had the same problem with the press during the revolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFGYOfQcmis

EDIT I wonder does the press "Prod and check" anything not Trump

By metmike - Nov. 10, 2020, 2:52 a.m.
Like Reply

"I felt obliged to do this since I'm the only left of center viewpoint remaining at MF as the moderator chased away all the others.  (just stating facts as MM would say).   You'll have to ban me Mike.  You can't chase me away with mean sarcastic posts directed at me."

Wow, joj. Where do you get this from? Ban you? Chase you away? I have done nothing but encourage you to express your opinions here and emphasized numerous times that we need you with this type of opinion here.

Please don't mischaracterize me so that you can attack the made up position.

I chased nobody from here. You are making this up too.  A couple of posters decided they couldn't stand to be around people that support Trump and left on their own. 

A couple of others blatantly violated common decency rules, making hateful personal attacks over and over. Using foul language. I gave everyone at least half a dozen extra chances after they had run out of chances.

2 of them still  send me regular hate mail attacking me and the people they hate here almost every week............almost 2 years after they were banned.

So no, I am not going to let mean, neurotic predator trolls abuse our forum to get off because of their mental illness. 

You may act like a troll sometimes to upset the conservatives here but I never seriously considered banning you. 

Since you know what your true intentions are and you just stated that I would have to ban you, because you won't leave..........it tells me exactly what the  impression you were aiming to have on me and what your intentions are.

If you really want to be banned, make personal attacks on other posters around 10 times and use inappropriate  language.

Making a long list stating bad stuff about Trump is what half the country has been doing for the 4 years.

People obsessed with negative feelings toward him.....thinking about their hatred for President Trump night and day. ...........is hurting the haters more than anybody.

If you want to be like this...............be our guest. If your want to represent the liberals with posts like this...............be our guest.

You obviously didn't change any minds and I'm guessing nobody reading that post thought "dang, that joj is here for intelligent dialog to establish common ground with people that disagree with him"

You know what the impression of your post would be and thats why you made it.

Again, I like it when you express your sides opinion without making personal attacks. If  you want those sort of posts to be examples of joj, the person...........be our guest. 

If you want some suggestions on how to be a better communicator and how to get along better with people.............please let me know. 

I'm just a post away. 

By metmike - Nov. 10, 2020, 3:05 a.m.
Like Reply

"Thank you for undermining our faith in a free press by calling them the "enemy of the people".  (Stalin also said those words)"

MSNBC Talking Head Has Been Writing Biden's Speeches

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/speech-writer-jon-meacham-msnbc/2020/11/09/id/996183/

joj,

A few years ago, I thought Trump was over the top with his "enemy of the people" comments.

Today, I think he saw the reality before I observed it hundreds of times on CNN, CNBC, NPR the NYT /WOP and other gatekeepers of yellow journalism in today's world.

I do watch and read them at least as much as I do Fox and the NY Post. I listen to NPR most of the time on my car radio. Extremely liberal.

I am not a republican and I actually have some liberal views.  The MSM have become political activists with the main objective  to impose their political agenda/propaganda  on the people they reach vs reporting the objective news and telling more than 1 side.

I came to that conclusion very independantly of Trumps opinion. 

By TimNew - Nov. 10, 2020, 6:13 a.m.
Like Reply

Trump never said the press was the enemy of the people.  This is another of a long list of misquotes. What he said was "Fake News is the enemy of the people".   Most people would agree with that, which makes it tough for people who have vowed to never agree with Trump.   Hence, the misquote.

By joj - Nov. 10, 2020, 7:05 a.m.
Like Reply

He didn't say "fake news is the enemy of the people".

He said "fake news media is the enemy of the people".

Fake news being an adjective of the word media.

But I stand corrected since he didn't use the word "Press".

By TimNew - Nov. 10, 2020, 8:25 a.m.
Like Reply

Are you trying to gymnastically twist this to Trump saying "Media Media is the enemy of the people"?

BTW, there is an actual Tweet from Trump in August using the exact words I quoted above.   Did he also say "Fake New Media"?   Maybe so,  but the message is the same.  News crafted in a way to diliberaltely mislead is an enemy to the people.

I know you would agree, and actually have,  when the method is used to inaccurately frame the left in a negative light.  

I oppose it either way, regardless of the target. It's an abuse of fundamental principle that is the foundation of this nation and the perversion of it has reached epic proportions. 

By metmike - Nov. 10, 2020, 4:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Here's an example of an entity telling us about the soure(s) of fake news, told to us by a source that claims to be an objective, independent source.

Can you guess who the objective, independent source is?

Betcha didn't guess CNN.

Unless you've been living in a case the past 4 years and even if you have hated Trumps guts that entire time and watch CNN every day because thats where you can hear/see the Trump news told the way you like to hear it, that can't be anybody connected to the real world realities that actually thinks CNN is an objective, independent source.

For sure Trump is responsible for boatloads of fake news............and he has been matched every step of the way by CNN's fake news.

Not excusing Trump one bit but he is in the business of selling his presidency and pushing his for America agenda and uses exaggerated fake news to do it.

But CNN is in the business of providing objective, reliable news. Giving us the truth and not spinning it to push their agenda/belief system.

Trump, by his position as a conservative has a belief system/agenda and tries to use the news to push it. He tries to use this to become more effective at his real job(again, not excusing the tons of fake news from Trump)

Trump can use fake news but still do a good job at what he was hired by the American people to do. 

The news reporting entity's job IS telling the news without a biased spin based on an agenda. When a news organization spins the news or uses fake news, they are completely failing at the job they exist to do.

Since so many people get their news this way, when its biased, editorialized and spun to favor one side but presented as objective news to trick people into believing what the author wants them to think................they are hurting the people.

Freedom of the press allows them to abuse this right and hurting the people with their massive power this way is being "the enemy of the people" 

Intentionally not covering the Biden family scandal, that included Joe Biden, as the center of the self serving enrichment, using politics of the Biden family was done  by "the enemy of the people". 

Hiding the truth and manufacturing absurd explanations about the laptop and what it meant was false propaganda.........sounds like something Stalin would do.

Who was on the side of truth and who pushed fake news then?

Covering up important news that they don't want us too know about (and claiming falsely that it was Russian disinformation) is just  as bad as fake news.

Telling us for 2.5 years that Trump colluded with Russia...........fake news.

Telling us that a Catholic boy(with a group of boys wearing MAGA hats)  was taunting a poor, old harmless American Indian.........was fake news. And they lost lawsuits because of it. 

By joj - Nov. 11, 2020, 8:15 a.m.
Like Reply

Did Trump state out loud that "Russia, if your listening, release the Clinton emails"?

Or was that the media reporting fake news?

Did Trump and his team take a meeting with Russians to explore "adoption"? (and the Trump team lied about it to the FBI)

Did Trump stand in front of the whole world with Putin and take his word over the findings of our intelligence about Russia meddling?

Did the free press get it right when they reported that hospitalizations due to Covid19 would rise as we move toward winter or did Trump and his minions get it right when they stated that after the election the virus would "suddenly not be reported anymore"? thereby implying that this virus was media fake news.  FACT - the virus is spreading rampantly, breaking records daily.

And for more fake news from Trump and accurate reporting by the free press on the virus, see the link below for dozens of more lies by Trump on the virus that is literally killing his supporters.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/11/trumps-lies-about-coronavirus/608647/

Long live the free press to keep liars like Trump in check!

PS - Pfizer announced, and it was reported in the free press, that it did NOT take any money from the governments warp speed effort for vaccine development.  You probably won't read that on the Fox, Newsmax, Breitbart propaganda arms of the Trumpists.

By TimNew - Nov. 11, 2020, 9:07 a.m.
Like Reply

Pfizer entered into an agreement with the US Federal Government for 300 million doses of the vaccine back in July as part of the Warp Speed program.  https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/07/22/us-government-engages-pfizer-produce-millions-doses-covid-19-vaccine.html

Edit Note:   Isn't the timing of Pfizers announcement interesting?   The Monday following election week.  I doubt it had anything to do with Trump's actions on lowering drug costs.  Total speculation of course.   But in conjunction with them denying any relation between the Vaccine and Trump...?

That Trump asked Russia to release emails was presented as evidence of colusion is Malarky.

Trump did not believe US inteligence and that's TREASON.  Bush believed them and that was WAR CRIME.

No one disputes that Trump exagerates and even lies.  He's not the 1st politician to be guilty of such,  he's justot as political about it. It's almost in the job description of politicians.

The press, OTOH.....

By metmike - Nov. 11, 2020, 11:27 a.m.
Like Reply

"And for more fake news from Trump and accurate reporting by the free press on the virus, see the link below for dozens of more lies by Trump on the virus that is literally killing his supporters."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/11/trumps-lies-about-coronavirus/608647/

"Long live the free press to keep liars like Trump in check!"

metmike: From your source:

"The claim(by Trump): “Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere,” and cases are “coming way down.”

The truth(by your source): When Trump made these claims in May, coronavirus cases were either increasing or plateauing in the majority of American states. ."

metmike: Trump gave us fake news(with mainly an exaggeration of the truth), then your source gave us FAKE NEWS from the opposite side to make Trumps fake news look worse. People relying on fake news thought it was the truth, especially since it matched up with what they wanted to believe, which is that Trump lied.   

Great example of my problem with the MSM of taking Trump's exaggerations/fake news(to push his agenda in trying to be effective doing his main job as president) and then creating their own fake news,to make Trump look bad.............when they are in the business of reporting accurate news. 

Note on the 2 graphs below, in May, when Trump said numbers were going down and your source told us they were going up or plateauing,  what direction COVID was taking...........down ("some" states were going higher then but that's not at all what your source stated). Based on this empirical data, what statement above was fake news?

My source is ultra liberal NPR below:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/09/01/816707182/map-tracking-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus-in-the-u-s

metmike: So you like fake news when it trashes Trump and call it freedom of the press(and are unable to tell the difference between accurate and fake news because of your feelings for Trump)....... but its actually an abuse of this freedom that steals our intelligence.........as all propaganda does. 

I don't like fake news from Trump or the entities(MSM) in the business of providing us with accurate news.

So how could your source have reported this accurately/objectively?

This is what I would have stated: 

President Trump is correct, US numbers of new cases are decreasing and they would be dropping even faster if not for the quadrupling in the number of COVID tests being administered.  However, some states are having an increase in cases, especially from the additional testing. However, hospitalizations and deaths, the best measure have been plunging lower here in May.

These statements were made in May, not in November.

joj,

How would you have reported it in May? Or do you agree with your source?

By joj - Nov. 11, 2020, 4:17 p.m.
Like Reply

You are cherry picking Mike.  There are dozens of examples of Trump lying about the virus sited all the way up to present day.

By metmike - Nov. 11, 2020, 6:20 p.m.
Like Reply

"You are cherry picking Mike.  There are dozens of examples of Trump lying about the virus sited all the way up to present day."

Joj,

I never said that Trump doesn't state fake news.............in fact, I don't know how to make it more clear again that I know Trump uses fake news to promote his agenda............alot. I am not condoning this.

Regarding cherry picking,  I am using your rules, from your source  to show an example of what you think is accurate reporting that they intentionally distorted into  fake news to try to convince us that Trump's mostly accurate but exaggerated statement was fake news. 

Of course this is cherry picking.  I can cherry pick and find dozens of other examples to indisputably demonstrate this exact same thing going on all the time with the MSM.

The MSM also reports Trumps lies and fake news accurately too. My point, in case you actually want to know the point vs trying to mischaracterize more is that our sources that get paid for a living to provide accurate news to us are letting their belief system alter the accuracy of that news and frequently spin it against Trump, sometimes with fake news.

Again, I agree with you that Trump is a source of fake news.

Where we disagree, appears to be your defending the MSM as being accurate sources of the news, especially anytime that news is about Trump.

This is when they feel they can use fake news with impunity because it's Trump, who nobody will believe and everybody will believe their version-but I don't believe anybody-I am a fact checker.

You will note that I  "cherry picked" this example above because if was so easy to show as fake news by your source using the facts(empirical data) in graphic form.

I may be overly wordy but I always try to let the authentic data do most of the talking that can't be disputed. 

By metmike - Nov. 25, 2020, 11:20 p.m.
Like Reply

4-Year-Long Campaign Against Trump

Efforts to undermine the president haven't stopped since 2016

https://www.theepochtimes.com/infographic-the-4-year-long-campaign-against-trump_3582789.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2020-11-25-4

It is the culmination of a four-year-long campaign against him, which started during his first run for president in 2016 when the FBI launched a politically motivated investigation of his campaign. During his subsequent four years in office, there have been consistent efforts to remove him from office, first through the Russia-collusion narrative and then through impeachment.

The Epoch Times here provides an overview of some of the main efforts made against the sitting president of the United States.

This is an issue that transcends party lines, as it is not only an assault on Trump, but an assault on the office of the presidency, and with it, an assault on the foundation of America.

Epoch Times Photo