Joe Biden Advisor Recommends 4-6 Week Covid Lockdown
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 13, 2020, 2:11 a.m.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/11/12/joe-biden-advisor-recommends-4-6-week-national-covid-19-lockdown/

An adviser to Joe Biden on coronavirus has floated the idea of a nationwide lockdown for “four to six weeks.”

Dr. Michael Osterholm was appointed to Biden’s 12-person Covid advisory board on Monday.

On Wednesday, he appeared on CNBC and attempted to rationalize a national lockdown order.

“We could pay for a package right now to cover all of the wages, lost wages for individual workers, for losses to small companies, to medium-sized companies or city, state, county governments. We could do all of that,” he said.

“If we did that, then we could lock down for four-to-six weeks.”

Osterholm claimed that would help get the virus under control, “like they did in New Zealand and Australia.”

Read more: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/11/11/joe-biden-coronavirus-adviser-urges-national-lockdown-for-4-to-6-weeks/

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 13, 2020, 2:13 a.m.
Like Reply
By TimNew - Nov. 13, 2020, 3:53 a.m.
Like Reply

We tried a lock down.  It helped a little,  but not as much as the onset of Summer.  And even the WHO has stated that lockdowns are inneffective/inadvisable.   When did the left stop listening to them?   Not long ago, they were demonizing Trump for doing that.

Another likely "inconsitency".  If Biden gets his way, the deficit will balloon to levels previously unimagined.  And in spite of the fact that Pelosi Et.Al. have been crying for "More, More, More",  the left demonized Trump for the deficit.  How much shall I wager that we hear nary a peep under Biden much as we never did under Obama?

I swear,  I don't know how they can take themselves seriously.

By GunterK - Nov. 13, 2020, 10 p.m.
Like Reply

Another member of his task force recommends withholding food stamps from those who resist vaccinations.

http://www.financialsurvivalnetwork.com/2020/11/joe-bidens-covid-19-taskforce-member-recommends-withholding-food-stamps-rent-assistance-from-those-who-refuse-vaccines/

Take that vaccine or starve to death !

This comment is obviously aimed at minorities.

Let the tyranny begin!

An interesting side note...

Minister Louis Farrakhan, leader of the (black) Nation of Islam, here in the US, has advised all his millions of followers, not to accept a covid19 vaccine, It seems, he is fully aware that a vaccine can be (and has been used as) a Trojan Horse, loaded with other things you don't want to know about.

By joj - Nov. 14, 2020, 6:14 a.m.
Like Reply

"We tried a lockdown."

No we didn't.

And with "leadership" pulling against the sensible solutions the effort was too weak.

For the 100th time, the choice is not lockdown or stupidity.  You can avoid crowded spaces and wear a mask.   Death rates are way down because of treatment advances but as hospitals get overwhelmed that rate will rise again.

AND....  Thanks Tim for being the first to confirm my prediction that conservatives are suddenly going to care about the deficits again.

By mcfarm - Nov. 14, 2020, 8:03 a.m.
Like Reply

excuse me joj...."we just need 15 days to bend the curve" and found out the cure was worse than the disease. You and your little sheep can hide out all winter if you want, the rest of us have lives to live and kids to school and raise. We have certain liberty's in this country and you and biden and his ohh so diverse group try taking them and the pitchforks are going to come out

By TimNew - Nov. 14, 2020, 9:09 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks JOJ.   You continue to confirm my belief that if the left didn't have disinformation, they'd have no information at all.

I've been a deficit hawk since the days of Reagan and have said so repeatedly here.  Not sure how you missed that,  unless of course,  you have profoundly selective perception.  But, who am I kidding.  Thats a prerequisite for liberal belief.

We have had lock downs.  Massive business closings, restrictions on gatherings, etc etc.  Oddly,  not for protests or celebrations of liberal victrories, AKA another nail in the coffin of this nation.  

Did you miss those massive unemplpyment numbers last spring, early summer? The collapsing GDP?  Do you know what caused that?  And the effect of the virus?  Huh.  I guess thats the part I missed.