Assasination of President Kennedy
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 24, 2020, 1:28 a.m.

November 22, 1963

Who is old enough to remember that day?

I was 7 and sick with scarlet fever and Dad came home early to take me to the doctor.

Everybody had their radio on, including Dad in the car on our way  to see the doctor and back and also at the doctors office listening intently to the news to hear if he was going to live. 

Everybody was totally stunned. 

For that week, I was in bed and there wasn't anything on tv to watch except funeral stuff related to President Kennedy. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_John_F._Kennedy

John Fitzgerald Kennedy, the 35th President of the United States, was assassinated on Friday, November 22, 1963, at 12:30 p.m. Central Standard Time in Dallas, Texas, while riding in a presidential motorcade through Dealey Plaza.[1] Kennedy was riding with his wife Jacqueline, Texas Governor John Connally, and Connally's wife Nellie when he was fatally shot by former U.S. Marine Lee Harvey Oswald, firing in ambush from a nearby building. Governor Connally was seriously wounded in the attack. The motorcade rushed to Parkland Memorial Hospital, where Kennedy was pronounced dead about 30 minutes after the shooting; Connally recovered.

Oswald was arrested by the Dallas Police Department 70 minutes after the initial shooting. Oswald was charged under Texas state law with the murder of Kennedy, as well as that of Dallas policeman J. D. Tippit, who had been fatally shot a short time after the assassination. 

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!