another look at Covid19 statistics
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Nov. 27, 2020, 8:23 p.m.

https://www.aier.org/article/new-study-highlights-serious-accounting-error-regarding-covid-deaths/

another study that says that Covid19 is not nearly as fatal as is believed.

This study compares death statistics for "normal' deaths, such as death from heart attack, stroke, cancer, etc as seen in 2020, and compared with data from other years.

"....What is even more interesting if not more alarming is that the spike in recorded Covid-19 deaths seen in 2020 has coincided with a proportional decrease in death from other diseases....." 

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 28, 2020, 12:50 a.m.
Like Reply

Very interesting. 

Makes sense that a high % of COVID deaths are from people that would be dying fairly soon anyway from other diseases or  compromised health.

Young and healthy people rarely die.

A person expected to live another 80 years is extraordinarily unlikely to die from COVID(a young child).

Same thing with life expectancies of 70, 60, 50, 40 years left.

When you get to people that have less than 10 years left under perfect conditions, then throw in COVID, it's greatly increases the chance of death.

Their bodies are worn out or health compromised.

In working our way up to people with lets say, less than 2 years left if everything is perfect for their health during those 2 years and THEY get COVID, one would almost expect them to die.

If they were not healthy enough to survive for more than another 2 years before hand, they are, maybe just hanging on. Getting COVID will kill them and it will be listed as a COVID death. If they didn't get COVID, they would be dying soon anyway from the thing that caused them to be vulnerable for COVID to kill them.

By metmike - Nov. 28, 2020, 6:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Cause of Death:  A Primer

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/11/28/cause-of-death-a-primer/

/ 26 mins ago November 28, 2020

"There has been massive media attention on Covid-19 deaths – and there have been a lot of them.    The CDC as of noon on 26 November 2020 was reporting that there have been 259,005 total Covid-19 deaths in the United States. 

Yet anyone who reads widely is aware that there have been reports of a motorcycle accident victim being reported as a Covid death.  There are many who correctly report that all people dying from or with Covid and even suspected of dying from-or-with Covid-19 are all being counted as certified reportable must-make-the-headlines Covid-19 Deaths.

[Note:  This is a long and rather detailed explanation of what leads to the situation in which we find ourselves regarding Covid-19 Deaths reporting.  Those who want a better understanding of the issue should continue reading.  Readers with no or little interest can just accept this brief synopsis:  “It’s  Complicated” and move on to other posts."

So, if I were in the Emergency Room, the ER doctor might ask me these questions:  Do you know anyone who isn’t feeling well?   Have you been in close contact with them for more than 10 minutes? Have you attended any meeting with more than 10 people in the last 14 days?  Have you been to church or a party?  Have you visited a restaurant or a bar?  Any YES epidemiologically qualifies me as a Covid case.  More questions: Do you wear a face mask whenever you are out of your own home? in your car? in WalMart? at the park? while mountain biking? Any NO qualifies me as a Covid case epidemiologically.

You can see how easy it is to be classified as a Covid-19 case.  And they haven’t even tested me yet.  (Read the link to see why even testing wouldn’t save me.)  They would report me as a Covid case even if I tested negative – I might not be positive “yet”.

And while I describe my pending Covid-19 Case classification jokingly, it is a very real scenario.  And, heaven forbid, were I to die of almost anything (except obvious trauma) in the next 14 days, I would become another Covid-19 Death statistic.

As most of us know by now, advanced age is a key factor in the vast majority of Covid-19 deaths:

Eighty percent (80%) of Covid-19 deaths are of those 65 years of age of or older – and a full one-third of the deaths occur in those over 85 years.   If you are an adult today, then you were born between 1925 and 2000.  At your birth, you could expect to live (life expectancy at birth)  between 58 to 72 years, depending on your birth year.  Those who are dying at 85 or older had a life expectancy at birth of less than 61 years.   [My life expectancy at birth was about 66 years – so I have beaten the odds and hope to continue to do so for many years more.] 

If this does not seem significant to you, I’ll repeat the  CDC quote on reporting cause of death for the elderly – those 65 year of age or older.

“Common problems in death certification:  The elderly decedent should have a clear and distinct etiological sequence for cause of death, if possible. Terms such as senescence, infirmity, old age, and advanced age have little value for public health or medical research. Age is recorded elsewhere on the certificate. When a number of conditions resulted in death, the physician should choose the single sequence that, in his or her opinion, best describes the process leading to death, and place any other pertinent conditions in Part II.”  [ source:  CDC   my bolds – kh ]

For the elderly, the aged, the older citizen, which comprise the majority (80%) of Covid-19 deaths, any illness or condition that leads to breathing problems is prone to being classified as a Covid case, and thus a Covid-19 death in “a clinically compatible illness, in a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case”.

By metmike - Nov. 28, 2020, 6:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Another aspect to this is the fact that this age group of people that die from COVID at the highest rate, almost all get flu vaccines. So in previous years, they were at least partially protected and most of them did not die from the flu. The other health issues took their lives.

If there were no flu vaccines, the incidence of elderly  people dying from the flu in the past would have been up astronomically.

Of course the COVID vaccine will cause the death rate to plummet by the greatest amount in the elderly, just like they are now protected from the flu.

By metmike - Nov. 28, 2020, 7:57 p.m.
Like Reply

The COVID vaccine will likely protect for something like a year(maybe requiring 2 shots to be most effective).

Flu vaccine's  need to be administered every year...........which is what we do and don't protect us from all strains of the flu......so hopefully, COVID will not mutate to another strain that requires a different shot.

At 65 years old, I got my first flu shot. I've  had the flu 1 time the past 25 years and consider myself low risk.
However, after looking at the stats and seeing how vulnerable the elderly are, decided to take advantage of science that makes it an  even LOWER risk.

Great article.......thanks for contributing.