some thoughts on the swiss franc
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by bear - Dec. 17, 2020, 9:39 a.m.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2558/us-dollar-swiss-franc-exchange-rate-historical-chart

this is dollar vs the franc

notice here there is a major dollar low about every 16 years (or so).  1995, 2011, and the next low should come about 2027. (dollar low , should also mean a high in gold and silver).  

the buck may test the 2011 low, then get another bounce, before a breakdown.  

we have been sideways the last 10 years. 

in silver we had the buffet spike in 1998,  so the 30 yr cycle should give us another jump around 2027, when the buck hits bottom.

i find it odd that the u.s. has said that the swiss are a currency manipulator, when it has actually been flat the last 10 years.  does not sound much like manipulation to me.  

Comments
By metmike - Dec. 17, 2020, 12:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks bear!

I believe in many cycles and certainly seasonal patterns during the year can be extraordinarily powerful but when you push things out beyond a decade and project something in 2027, I'm skeptical.

Agree that with the crashing DX, metals should make new highs.

The price of everything in dollars goes up(you print too many of em, and they are worth less and you need more to get the same stuff)

By metmike - Dec. 17, 2020, 1:04 p.m.
Like Reply

I can't comment on the Swiss currency but everything must be getting stronger against the crashing dollar!

We're getting close to a MAJOR breakdown, below support and lowest during the current administration:

3 year chart below:

This is a 10 year chart below:

By metmike - Dec. 17, 2020, 1:09 p.m.
Like Reply