Corn/beans
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by bcb - Dec. 23, 2020, 8:16 a.m.

Monthly charts now showing targets of 465 for corn and 1288-1290 for beans.

Love the July/Nov bean spread.

Comments
Re: Corn/beans
0 likes
By mcfarm - Dec. 23, 2020, 8:40 a.m.
Like Reply

amazing run that left me in the dust. never been more disconnected with the markets in my life. Maybe once in the fall of 1986 when I also dumped a bunch of beans just prior to a big run up. Very disappointed in myself. I did need a down payment for some ground but to not protect myself better as I sold grain really hurts now

By bcb - Dec. 23, 2020, 11:56 a.m.
Like Reply

What your saying sir is how many producers feel.

Re: Corn/beans
0 likes
By wglassfo - Dec. 23, 2020, 6:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Which month??

I looked and can make the case for all of 2021, at least until new crop

I will be a slow seller

In our neck of the woods the buyers have no bid and the sellers set the price, at least for corn

No bid as in nobody is selling so the end users are taking offers

One thing to remember, last yr [spring] we were thinking of too much grain and everybody was on one side of the boat. Now everybody is  on the other side of the boat

By metmike - Dec. 23, 2020, 8:03 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

Don't think of it at all that way.

Look at these wonderful prices as an opportunity for 2021. 

The past is the past and 2021 is looking more profitable for farming that at almost any point in history. 

Would you rather corn be offered at $3.25 right now and have sold your crop at $3.50 and thinking "yeah, I'm a genius because I got 25c better than I would have by selling earlier?

With prices like these, you can still make a killing, even if your marketing strategy was not the best. 

Think about the days of $2 corn and $5 beans from decades earlier. You could sell the highs in most of those years and still not make nearly as much money as you will be selling the 2021 lows!

Look forward, not backward in this market environment and enjoy it!

Times are great for farming!

By bowyer - Dec. 23, 2020, 9:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Local bids for next October delivery are 3.98 and 10.76. I haven't priced any yet, but probably need to get started ! Less than 4 months ago I probably would have priced as much as I  could at theses prices ! If things go parabolic, multi year sales might be a good thing. SX22 is close to $10

By bcb - Dec. 23, 2020, 10:03 p.m.
Like Reply

I have been talking to my clients to sell the 460 Dec corn call...22 cents and higher. Start of a hedge with a call or two.