Who do you trust?
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Dec. 31, 2020, 2:31 p.m.

Not the voters.

Not the poll workers.

Not the election process.

Not AG Barr.

Not the head of US Cyber security.

Not the Georgia Secretary of State.

Not the lower courts.

Not the appellate courts.

Not the Supreme Court.

Donald, the biggest liar ever, Trump.  THAT's who you trust.   hmmm....  If that isn't a cult following, I don't know what is. 

Comments
By metmike - Dec. 31, 2020, 2:36 p.m.
Like Reply

So who should everybody trust?

CNN?

FOX news?

The MSM?

The government?

The politicians?

The DOJ?

Joe Biden?

Climate activists?

The FDA?

That was only partly rhetorical and this is a wonderful topic/thread.

Seriously, who should everybody trust and if you can state reasons for why.........even better.

I will also reply but am much more interested in what others think.

I think that joj already tipped us off about who he trusts and he actually listed some good sources but please elaborate more. 

By WxFollower - Dec. 31, 2020, 2:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks joj. You're spot on.

Donald Trump is the worst blatant liar by far and is pure scum. I'm so proud to be able to say I never voted for this clown. Before him, I'm equally proud to say that I voted GOP for Pres every time going back to Reagan and ending with Romney.

By metmike - Dec. 31, 2020, 3:03 p.m.
Like Reply

So who (what sources) do you trust Larry?

By WxFollower - Dec. 31, 2020, 4:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Hey Mike,

I trust the most the sources that are listed with the least bias. Of the cable networks, CNBC (not MSNBC).

But isn't that straying away from joj's point about Trump? 

By joj - Dec. 31, 2020, 4:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Well it is slightly off topic about a cult in the millions among us.  But it is an interesting topic as well.

I trust:

The WSJ

The NYT

BARRONS

The Economist 

The Atlantic

The nightly News Hour on PBS (not NPR)

Wikipedia 

And usually Snopes

By metmike - Dec. 31, 2020, 5:32 p.m.
Like Reply

"But isn't that straying away from joj's point about Trump?"

Nobody is denying joj or you making your points..........again. Which I agree with, if you read any of my posts. 

Just trying to divert this into a related realm that has potential for intelligent discourse vs another Trump haters against Trump cultists.

One of the benefits of Biden as president is that the entire world from both sides won't be defined based on Donald Trump. 

So what do you and joj think the appropriate response should be to joj from others here to his attack on them for being in the Trump cult?

The initial post was very inflammatory and attacked people here who support Trump. You don't want to stray from that because  you also hate Trump. One of my objectives here is to reduce hatred, not be a source of it. 

I totally understand that this defines a part of you guys and in fact, it's resulted in both of you being good sources of legit, opposing views and reality checks for people living in a sometimes imaginary reality, defined by their biased politics.

You guys may not come here to convince people of anything with regards to Trump but in case that's not the case, and you actually want people to change their views, the way to NOT accomplish that is by attacking and demeaning them and their viewpoints.

This immediately creates a defensive posture in those that are the intended receivers of the message. 

If you are just coming here to express opinions and prove others wrong who have the opposite opinion...........good for you. I like this and both of you guys have done so effectively without much if any personal attacking.

I actually liked the creative way that joj expressed himself to make his points on page 1 above. 

For a good part of a year, I had a regular "Trump bashing" thread that was mainly cliff-e making his hundreds of mindless posts and meme's(cliff in real life is an intelligent guy but his posts made him look otherwise-his choice). 

You and joj are the complete opposite of mindless when posting here and your thoughts on President Trump often hit the nail on the head. 

By metmike - Dec. 31, 2020, 5:35 p.m.
Like Reply

So Larry,

Who are your trusted sources?

joj named some good ones, although a couple lean liberal, like the NYT(which I read) but the NYT really has some amazing stuff too.

By wglassfo - Dec. 31, 2020, 6:40 p.m.
Like Reply

If I may I would tell you who I don't trust

Everybody that went public with  lies and were caught

Comey who lied to Trump about the dossier. Other TV personalities who lied

For some reason I don't trust the FBI and other agencies to tell the public the truth

Some may have reason to lie for Natn'l security reasons

Everybody who tells us a cloth mask reduces covid infection

Every politician who traveled or dined or visited hair salons contrary to their public  admonishments to be safe etc

Schiff who lied about Trump during the impeachment

Fauci who choose to lead the charge about lock down

Trump with his many tweets and told us Mexico would pay for the wall

Long story short I can't think of many public personalities, media or agency I trust

Maybe this is changing the thread and should be another thread

You decide MM

By metmike - Dec. 31, 2020, 9 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

Actually this makes more sense with regards to people expressing themselves/opinion on this.....sources that are not trusted......because there are so many of them out there.

I appreciate your sincere desire to make positive contributions here and this is another one of the many.

By wglassfo - Dec. 31, 2020, 11:58 p.m.
Like Reply

Tks mike

I have a personal code of ethics which is to not attack any member of MF

I look at different opinions as much the same as a debate or perhaps a discussion

I am sorry I mentioned Tim and his stks. As soon as Tim mentioned such, it was my obvious mistake I stopped, although words in a post do matter, a lot 

Once you say some thing or post anything the deed is done. You can't reach out and take those words back and make them disappear.

I apologize to Tim

Tim is a valuable contributor to the forum and we should all be happy Tim has stuck around for so long.

If you want to know who I trust, I would have to say all members  of MF even those I disagree with. They are entitled to their opinion but golly I would share a fox hole with any MF poster

Well Mike

It's almost a new yr and this is the 1st time in 50 some yrs I have not been with my usual friends on New Yrs eve. Breaking bread, sharing a glass of wine and watching the TV as the ball comes down

Cheers mike, you do a wonderful job and let's not forget all our MF posters

By metmike - Jan. 1, 2021, 12:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks very much Wayne and  very Happy New Year to you!

By WxFollower - Jan. 3, 2021, 2 a.m.
Like Reply

Mike asked who I trust:

Well, I trust hardly any entity an absolute 100% as I like to also have confirmation from another reliable source, but off the top of my head I have a lot of trust in Snopes, AP, Reuters, C-Span, CNBC (not MSNBC) , WSJ, FactCheck, Allsides, Real Clear Politics, and George Washington.

By metmike - Jan. 3, 2021, 3:13 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm with you Larry!

Interestingly, in the evenings, I flip back and forth between 2 stations, FOX and CNN.

I don't trust either one at all(though Chris Wallace and Geraldo Rivera are 2 individuals that I respect/trust the most).

You can get all the facts from both these sources.

Biased facts from one side watching FOX.

Then biased facts from the other side watching CNN.

It allows one to get the entire picture as seen from everybody combined. 

It's really fun and entertaining too,  to listen to some of the extreme stuff. The trick is to not let bs stuff upset you but instead, try to use it to understand what caused that view.

I listen to extremely liberal NPR most of the time now during the day if in the car. They have jazz and classical music in the late evenings. Some of their reports, especially when they are personal stories or situations are off the charts chockful of great information that tells compelling stories that we are drawn into.

They really hate President Trump and their bias is a turn off sometimes.

On climate change, I am so dang amused. How can brilliant/intelligent professionals delivering elite level radio programming say so many absolutely wrong things about this topic?

But again, it helps me to understand why so many intellectuals are convinced that we are having a climate crisis when in fact, its a climate optimum.

Like Larry and joj,. I like to use a fact checker to get a very quick ruling on many things. They will usually provide legit facts/evidence to back up their rulling/opinion. Snopes can be biased on political stuff but overall they do a good job.