Clemson vs Ohio State
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by 7475 - Jan. 1, 2021, 10:43 a.m.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 1, 2021, 3:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Hopefully a good game.

The Tigers are big favorites though I always root Big Ten, having graduated from U of M.

Wouldn't it be something to see Clemson vs ND for a 3rd time!

I don't think that has ever happened before in college football history!

By metmike - Jan. 1, 2021, 3:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Since you introduced this wonderful topic John, let's add more interesting stuff to it!

The Most Unbreakable Records in College Football

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2399074-the-most-unbreakable-records-in-college-football

What makes a record unbreakable?

Is it the wideness of the gap between the old record and the new, or how rare it is for a player/team to even come close to breaking it?

How about a record’s age?

Think about it, if a record hasn’t been broken in 50 or 75 years, does that make it more unbreakable?

Age may be the only quantifiable way to define the likeliness of shattering an all-time mark.

Even though the game of college football has changed immeasurably since 1869, when Rutgers and Princeton squared off in what looked more like a Rugby match, certain records have stood the test of time.

According to the NCAA FBS Record Book, following are 25 of the oldest records in the history of college football.

As a note, records co-held by players, groups of players or teams are not included.   Single-game, team records mentioned include at least one current FBS team.

By 7475 - Jan. 1, 2021, 10:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Hey thanks for this mm

Ill get to it AM

But right now 2nd half and i havent finished licking my wounds yet.

Mercy!

By metmike - Jan. 2, 2021, 2:37 a.m.
Like Reply

Wow!

OSU was impressive. To think that there was talk of them not playing enough games to qualify for the Big Ten championship game.

Though I insisted the Big Ten would make whatever exception needed, knowing the buckeyes had the best shot to show the world that Big ten football can still hang with teams from the south......every once in awhile (-:

By 7475 - Jan. 2, 2021, 8:22 a.m.
Like Reply

Hope my trades go better this year.

Just "better" may not be enough.

Sheeeeeeeesh

John

By WxFollower - Jan. 3, 2021, 1:30 a.m.
Like Reply

In this link from Mike:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2399074-the-most-unbreakable-records-in-college-football

I'm quite surprised there's no mention of the highest score and winning margin in a single game by a college football team, 222-0 by Ga Tech over Cumberland in 1916 under Coach John Heisman:

1916 Cumberland vs. Georgia Tech football game - Wikipedia

By metmike - Jan. 3, 2021, 11:50 a.m.
Like Reply

Larry,

I agree with you. 

I read the entire summary.  

Holy Cow! I didn't think it was possible to get that many points in a football game, regardless of the circumstances..............which is what make it so unbreakable.

You must have read about this previously and it stuck in your head, which will be the case for me if the topic ever comes up again. 

How did you know about this mind boggling record?

By WxFollower - Jan. 3, 2021, 3:24 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

Because I'm a fan and thus know their history. GT became was one of the great powerhouses once John Heisman left Clemson and took over in 1904. After him came the great coaches Willam Alexander and Bobby Dodd. During these 3 coaches spans, GT was one of the best in the country many years and they won several national championships. During this period, they were quite competitive with UGA before that changed in 1964 with Vice Dooley.

Edit/PS: If Tim sees this, are you aware of the GA tech 222-0 1916 game under Coach Heisman? I figured you might know since you're in GA.