Virus Immunity
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 1, 2021, 6 p.m.

I think the availability of a vaccine has been around long enough to get some perspective about our virus future

It seems that a surprising number of front line doctors and nurses are refusing to be vaccinated. Numbers range from 15% to as much as 40-50% refusal at various hospitals etc

I think the Natn'l average is approx 27 % who refuse which is just about the same for the general population

My question is this. Will a 27% refusal rate be enough for mask mandates etc to continue, as the industry seems to think 80-90 % vaccination rate is needed for the so called herd immunity

Personally I will be vaccinated unless my doctor has some reason to advice me to not be vaccinated. I am in the age group with other health issues which puts me in the high risk category. My thinking is the vaccination risk is less than the risk of becoming infected. Our county infection rate is going up rapidly with one group refusing to wear masks etc. The odds are, that possibly I would become infected, with just normal and very limited activities

It is amazing how different regions treat the virus risk. My son and grandson went to pick up a used high way transport truck. The people in that area treated the virus as if nothing was unusual. No problem getting plates, ownership etc, just walk in. My other son informs me that in Naples Florida the workers don't bother with masks etc while building houses etc. Around here you need an appointment, just to get a renewal plate for your car at the MTO service desk.

In our province we are in full lock down and around here there is disinfectant bottles every where, masks, nobody buys anything with out at least curb side service, my foot lady can't come into our house, restaurants are shut down and some even shut down take out, except a fast food chain outlet.. Dammit, I want to eat a good steak with all the trimmings or go into the coffee shop and order a full breakfast.

Wall Mart is open and everybody else is closed

My fear is that the vaccination won't reach acceptable levels with some regions refusing even basic service for house hold staples such as batteries, light bulbs etc, that you buy in a hard ware store. Yes you can call and arrive at the proper time for curb side service, which is a pain in the butt. Two AAA batteries and a 100 watt bulb,  just placed on the curb side in a box. Of coarse you have to buy a pkg of 5 each

In other words we will be forced to wear these dang masks forever or until the virus dies a natural death

And all because a small % of people are at risk we all wear the mask and are in lock down, while big biz does big biz and small biz goes BK

My grand son has almost zero risk, so why should he be unemployed??? Lucky we have a farm, and he has an income, but what about all the unemployed???

Isn't that a wonderful thought to start the New Yr

Heck just let us do what we think is best and the people at risk can get vaccinated

Now doesn't that make a lot more sense

My usual rant for the day

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 2, 2021, 12:27 a.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

Thanks much! 

Once again you brought up a great topic:

Alarming number of US health care workers are refusing COVID-19 vaccine

https://nypost.com/2021/01/01/alarming-number-of-us-health-care-workers-are-refusing-covid-19-vaccine/

U.S. health care workers are first in line to receive the COVID-19 vaccine — but an alarming number across the country are refusing to do so. 

Earlier this week, Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine disclosed that about 60 percent of the nursing home workers in his state have so far chosen not to get vaccinated. 

More than half of New York City’s EMS workers have shown skepticism, The Post reported last month. 

And now California and Texas are experiencing a high rate of health care worker refusals, according to reports.

An estimated 50 percent of frontline workers in Riverside County in the Golden State opted against the drug, the Los Angeles Times reported, citing public health officials. 

More than half of the hospital workers at California’s St. Elizabeth Community Hospital that were eligible to receive the vaccine did not, the newspaper. 

And in the Lone Star State, a doctor at Houston Memorial Medical Center told NPRearlier this month that half the nurses in the facility would not get the vaccine, citing political reasons. 

The excuse shared by the Texas nurses was echoed in a recent Kaiser Family Foundation survey that found 29 percent of health workers were “vaccine hesitant,” the Times reported. 

Survey respondents leaning against taking the vaccine said, among other reasons, that they were concerned how politics influenced the development of the vaccine, the newspaper reported. 

A nurse at a California hospital who chose not take the vaccine because she is pregnant, said her coworkers who chose the same path as her believe they don’t need the vaccine to make it through the pandemic. 

“I feel people think, ‘I can still make it until this ends without getting the vaccine,’” April Lu, a 31-year-old nurse at Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, told the Times. 

A high percentage of vaccine refusal among not just health care workers, but the general population, could be problematic, Harvard epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch told the newspaper. 

“Our ability as a society to get back to a higher level of functioning depends on having as many people protected as possible,” said Marc Lipsitch.

metmike: Much of this is the result of the MSM and Dems suggesting that the vaccine might not be safe(earlier this year) because President Trump was forcing things along too fast...........before it could be tested properly.

It's strong evidence of the powerful affect the MSM has had on people...........especially with regards to anything related to President Trump.

The threat below, was the quintessential example of politics influencing medicine and even smart people were hoodwinked because of their hating Trump and seeing the world, even science/medicine world  based on what Donald Trump said or didn't say:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/62920/

By metmike - Jan. 2, 2021, 12:31 a.m.
Like Reply

The risk of health problems or death is thousands of times greater from NOT getting vaccinated compared to getting vaccinated. 

People refusing the vaccine are not following authentic, proven science.           

Vaccines, how do they work/why are people skeptical?            

Started by metmike - Dec. 20, 2020, 11:55 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/63066/