Cuomo
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 8, 2021, 7:01 a.m.

Perfect example of why elected officials don't work in private industry

But they do know how to enrich themselves

So there is that to be said

People suffer

At the current rate might get vaccinations done by Labour day or not

But a book deal

Now that is the easy money

Enrich yourself by all means

The people can wait

We have the same crap

Comments
Re: Cuomo
0 likes
By mcfarm - Jan. 8, 2021, 8:49 a.m.
Like Reply

just how do libs like Cuomo look themselves in the face.....that guy should not get a paycheck until every small business in NY is open for the exact number of days he has closed them

Re: Cuomo
0 likes
By TimNew - Jan. 8, 2021, 10:04 a.m.
Like Reply

What makes it hilarious.  Fla Gov Desantis has a larger population and a lower death rate,  but the press heaps praise on Cuomo for his handling of Covid while demonizing DeSantis.  COuld it have something to do with the D vs R suffix?

It amazes me that so many people lap this ______  up without question.  Useful idiots.

Re: Re: Cuomo
0 likes
By joj - Jan. 8, 2021, 4:31 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm pretty sure that the poor numbers from NY are due to the explosive numbers in the first month of the outbreak when no one knew what was going on.  NY city was a huge entry point for Europe and other places.  If you look at the numbers since then, Florida doesn't look so good.  

The reason Cuomo's favorability ratings are a comfortable +17 (down from +60) is because he simply told the truth.  What a novel idea!

By mcfarm - Jan. 8, 2021, 6:19 p.m.
Like Reply

how is you memory joj. Just one example of what a tool Cuomo is......"I did not place covid patients in nursing homes" 

how about "we have no place to put patients" while the boat the tax payers paid for to help set nearly empty

"We need ventilators" Whle they had so amny extra they were shipped out

Hundreds of other examples of this snake in the grass

By metmike - Jan. 8, 2021, 6:38 p.m.
Like Reply

"because he simply told the truth."

He says that he told the truth but facts/evidence from others suggest otherwise.

Andrew Cuomo’s latest nursing home deception

https://nypost.com/2020/10/02/andrew-cuomos-latest-nursing-home-deception/

The Facts on Andrew Cuomo’s Nursing Home Policy

https://www.heartland.org/news-opinion/news/the-facts-on-andrew-cuomos-nursing-home-policy

That mandate was at direct odds with two key scientific facts about C-19 that were widely known since the outset of the pandemic:

1. Elderly people and those with chronic ailments—who are the very definition of nursing home residents—are extremely vulnerable to the virus.
  2. The virus is highly transmissible, and thus, it can easily sweep through large groups of sickly and/or aged people who live together.

Including an estimated 18 days between infection and death, over 5,900 nursing home patients in NY were lost by the time Cuomo rescinded this policy. The fact that Cuomo repealed this mandate belies his claim that it did no harm.

Furthermore, Cuomo’s statistics on NY nursing home deaths are greatly understated because his Department of Health excluded people who caught the disease in a nursing home but died “outside of the facility.” Thus, Cuomo’s “official” figure may undercount the real one by thousands of deaths.

While rejecting calls for an independent investigation, Cuomo has repeatedly blamed others for the nursing home carnage in his state, but none of his explanations hold water.

Cuomo first faulted nursing homes, stating that they were only required to readmit C-19 patients “if they have the ability to provide the adequate level of care.” However, Cuomo’s order

• unequivocally states in underlined text, “No resident shall be denied re-admission or admission to the NH [nursing home] solely based on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19.”

metmike: see the rest of the  article at the 2nd link above. I really enjoyed Cuomos' televised COVID updates every day in the Spring. He's a gifted communicator, like his brother, Chris and followed in the footsteps of their dad, Mario, who I remember well...governor of NY around 4 decades ago.

By TimNew - Jan. 8, 2021, 6:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Cuomo reminds me of Al Pacino in "Devils Advocate".  If you haven't seen it, watch it and you'll know exactly what I mean.

Al Pacino Speech on Devil's Advocate - Bing video

By metmike - Jan. 8, 2021, 8:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Wow Tim!

That's even worse than comparing Trump with Hitler (-:

The Cuomo's are extremely expressive though, just like Al Pacino.

I thought his acting in that movie was incredible......best ever.  He made a great Satan.

The Cuomo's would have been great actors.............this is a compliment.

That, expressive, charismatic  trait is what makes politicians and news anchors and others so likeable and powerful.

Obama and B. Clinton were loaded with it.

Reagan made a career out of it before turning  to politics.

I actually liked Andrew Cuomo alot in the Spring from watching his COVID coverage and thought that he should have run for president. Far more capable than Biden. 

My view was changed after listening and reading to some of the purely political and dishonest stuff and reading about some of his previous corruption in health care. 

But he is still extraordinarily talented and would have made a great/sharp leader in the White House...............even if I probably disagree with some of the items on his political menu and the direction that he would lead the country in.

By TimNew - Jan. 9, 2021, 5:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Well,  to be fair,   I was not comparing Cuomo to Satan,  I compared him to Pacino playing Satan. 

I liked Pacino, as did most, since the Godfather,   but I realized what an amazing actor he was in "And Justice for All", and of course,  everything since.

Back to topic.  Ever notice that if the MSM says someone is telling the truth,  there is a large swath of people who accept it as gospel rather than trusting their own lying eyes and ears?