Question: Something different needed on the forum
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 21, 2021, 11:24 p.m.

Kicked a couple tires today

Should I trade now or run this car into the ground

Jeep cherokee AWD 50,000  miles 2016 model SUV, detailed every yr.,, non smoker but my guy went out of biz with this covid thing this yr. 4 legged deer hit it before a yr old thus has accident record

Probably 35,000-40,000 to trade. This is all CAD numbers except changed kilometers to miles for you to get the drift on mileage. Covid cut miles down a bit in 2020

10,000.00 trade in value. Nobody wants an accident report, otherwise maybe worth 15,000

Car runs perfect. Non smoke, clean interior, 7,000.00 of options, good tires for snow, stored inside our garage from day 1

Not afraid to drive another 5 yrs, thus cheap 2,000/yr deprec if car is junk in another 5 yrs.

Can afford to trade but galls me to pay that much for 2021. Was looking at a small Buick SUV. Only two of us, no family or hockey bags to tote but haven't tried anything bigger. Need AWD for the snow drift out side the garage door and drive way to road

I am told by Google, used car inventory is low. Google shows car is worth 15,000 CAD. Seems low but you always think your trade should be more, plus that dang deer doesn't help. Insur put all new parts on and it looked brand new out of body shop and still does today., 

Question

Does anybody think inflation will hit new car prices

What will it cost to buy new in another 5 yrs??? Forget EV in the country

Today is: let's say 40,000 plus trade is a 50,000.00 car, new price Our loonie is at 79 vs USD last time I looked

What do you think this same car will cost new in another 5 yrs?? 60-70-100,000 assuming currency does not change

Should a person buy big ticket items now before inflation or just carry on

Can't tell if our car is 1 yr old or 2016 model unless you know this stuff

2000.00/yr looks like cheap driving for another 5 yrs but if 80-100,000 new in 5 yrs for same SUV, then might be I should get it done now.

But then in 5 yrs I have same problem as today

Also got a 2016 Dodge Ram 4x4 with 30,000 miles

Have you looked at the price of a new dodge ram 4 door 4x4 hemi engine. It will scare you. That 2016 truck, I will drive until the wheels fall off.

I can use the money to buy inputs and save 3% int cost

The bigger problem is I lose the use of 30-40 of capital 

I think I will drive our car another 5 yrs and then worry about the price

My son thinks all things will inflate together so my corn will have enough increased value to buy a car

I have my limit of stks as I think the money is better used for farm expenses

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!