What would you do??
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 29, 2021, 3:07 p.m.

If you were in a position to decide

Would you continue with low int rates

Would you have the Fed continue to buy assets [stks] 

Would you have the Fed buy any bonds not bought by investors to keep int rates low and gov't ability to spend

Would you continue to measure inflation the same way as is done today

Would you hope for a 2% inflation target

What would you do if inflation suddenly became 10% or more??

Do you think the gov't should start thinking about a Universal Basic Income plan

Would you be in favour of stimulus bills of approx 2 trillion

Would you be in favour of smaller stimulus bills and if so who would receive less

How often would you want to see another stimulus bill

Would you cancel all student loans by paying the lending institution their money. I think average loan is 30-40,000.00

Do you think money should not be a barrier to education thus free education . That would cost on average 30,40,000.00 assuming rules for money spent was reasonable. Room, board, books tuition. No money for drinking parties etc.. [My family could not afford the higher education in the place of my choosing]

Do you think the rich are paying their fair share of taxes

Are you aware of what Biden hopes will happen to Capital Gains Taxes in the future tax code and if so, do you think the proposed Capital Gains tax changes are a step in the right direction

Do you agree with the Keystone pipeline decision

Do you agree with open borders

Do you think all illegals in the USA should be given an opportunity to become citizens. It seems like you folks have this same discussion about every 10-15 yrs.

Do you agree with a 15.00 minimum wage, given a loaf of bread costs the same for everybody. 15 x 40 =600 x 52 = 31,200.00/yr. That is a single mom. Does the single mom consider herself a whore if she hooks up with a man and then has a family income of at least 62,400.00 or  possibly more. At least the kids have some new clothes etc.

Would you do anything differently to try and save small business

Would you do any thing differently to save large business such as air lines, cruise ships, broad way shows etc.

Would you continue, as is being done today with all of the above or make some changes and if so what change and why???

Comments
By mcfarm - Jan. 29, 2021, 4 p.m.
Like Reply

I know what would do. We are killing kids and the economy by shutting things down.

This cure has turned out just the way many predicted, far worse than the disease. Open this country up now and we cure many of thing problems we are creating and fire Fauci his entire crew and demand repayment of his salary he has collected for doing not much but spreading false hoods

By TimNew - Jan. 30, 2021, 5:53 a.m.
Like Reply

Most/all of the problems you mention are a direct result of government.   Why do people always look to government to solve problms caused by government?  It's like some kind of sick addiction.  

"I have a really bad hangover. Guess I better drink a whole bunch more".

By 7475 - Jan. 30, 2021, 6:17 a.m.
Like Reply

Hey Wayne

Alot of those listed fall into "Pay me now or pay me later" and some "Later" payments would be uncomfortable, but rite now ya gotta breathe or their wont be a tomorrow.

Paying student loans-NG-spend your energy fixing the bloat instead.

Keystone halt absolutely idiotic.

Guaranteed income-nope.

Give dreamers a path to citizenship but others not so much-slippery slope.

We'll welcome 2% (down from 10)

I hate to say it but you cant live on $7 Hr but not too bad for a kid trying to make some beer or gas money. In other words , dont try to raise a family on it-plan and make yourself worth $20-.

Absolutely strict border/ immigration control- dont let this country lose what people are immigrating to here for. We need quality immigration.

Just a few thoughts based on my core values-keep in mind the value of empathy-makes us human.

By wglassfo - Jan. 30, 2021, 10:29 a.m.
Like Reply

Isn't it a sort of like the dog in the manger thing

If you were hungry would you not want to move to  place where food is available

And then you look at shelter, clothes, education, medical the list goes on

Why would we deny others what we have so much of

I am trying to promote discussion/debate  on the forum