The Trump Party
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Jan. 30, 2021, 8:53 a.m.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/29/civil-war-soul-of-gop-over-trump-won/?arc404=true

Continues to undermine democracy at the threat of violence.  It seems to be working.  Republicans are cowering.  

Comments
By mcfarm - Jan. 30, 2021, 10:48 a.m.
Like Reply

you have said it all again JOJ if you agree with this source. Just keep portraying any Trump voter as subhuman and you can do what you will...and you and your source seem to always get this democracy thing 180 degrees wrong...we are and have been and God willing continue to be a constitutional republic so that mob rule does not take us down.

and no I do want to subscribe that source to read more crap

By metmike - Jan. 30, 2021, 11:32 a.m.
Like Reply

As is often the case, what happened is being portrayed differently than what really happened and why by the MSM, politicians and gatekeepers who form the narratives and our opinions to lead us....so they can control us.

Let me describe the 2 situations specifically, both involved EXTREME politics and manipulation. 

Situation/group 2: (because it happened 2nd) After the election, we had a massive group of Republicans( up to tens of millions) that were tricked into totally believing the election was stolen, many of them are still convinced. This resulted in the historic, 1 day protest that turned into a violent riot in Washington. What they did, even if the election had been stolen was very wrong. Those that participated are being apprehended and prosecuted as it should be.

Situation/group 1:(because it happened first) After a black man, George Floyd was murdered in cold blood by a white cop, we had a massive group of mostly democrats(many, many tens of millions) that were tricked into totally believing that white cops killing blacks and systemic racism defines /dominates in our country. This resulted in thousands of protests, many hundreds that turned violent with cumulative losses in the billions, many hundreds of cops injured, dozens of them killed because they were often the target. In addition, the  BLM people were joined by those who want a cultural revolution, which really injected extreme-ism to actions......resulting in thousands of statue's and monuments and property damaged or removed last year because they have been tricked to think that any great people in the past that lived when slavery was acceptable should no longer be recognized for any of their achievements. 

I will try to objectively analyze how each group has been portrayed on the next page.

By metmike - Jan. 30, 2021, 12:23 p.m.
Like Reply

I'll start with situation/group 1: During the widespread protesting/rioting last Summer, that even continued well beyond that in some places, the average protester was portrayed as standing for a great cause(despite them being tricked, as their cause, sadly is abandoning the real needs of blacks in our society-jobs-education- 6 times higher violent crime rate committed by blacks and causing most black homicides). The cultural revolution people want to destroy more than they want to build.  The MSM constantly portrayed these people with positive images, always downplayed the violence and damage and made Trump(and his supporters) the bad guy for trying to reign in the violence and damage. They even tricked us into believing that thousands of people at rallies, smashed together and shouting for hours, some not wearing masks, other wearing the almost worthless cloth masks, were impervious to COVID.  Somehow, the most contagious virus in our lifetime, in the middle of a pandemic,  that was being spread in groups of 10 or even less, didn't got to any BLM rallies!!! Contact tracers were told they couldn't ask people if they'd been at a BLM protest. One study, absurdly found that BLM protests reduced COVID. They claimed that it made people in that community afraid, so they stayed home and this reduced COVID.  Seriously. We are still being TRICKED to believe this lie today.

Group/situation 2: After the most secure  election in history that Biden clearly won by every objective standard, Trump and several hundred to thousands of his  people that had access to social media and sources that send out information, some very powerful with millions of followers went on a massive, convincing, election result sabotaging campaign to trick people into believing the election was stolen from President Trump. The people that got sucked into this were no more gullible or less sincere than the group 1 people above. They believed so easily, in both cases, only because all the false narratives matched up with their belief system. Since group 2's belief system is the opposite of the MSM, instead of being glorified like tricked group 1, they have been made out to be evil people. Never mind they sincerely believe the election was stolen and only want justice. They are just evil and dumb for believing such nonsense. Their 1 huge riot has been the headline news on some stations/papers almost every day since it happened. More coverage than the top 100 riots this Summer......all added up. I totally get that it deserves more coverage because of the unique circumstances but the mindset of these sincere, tricked people that only  wanted justice for their cause is portrayed as completely the opposite of the mindset of the sincere, tricked people that rioted all Summer long and did tons and tons more of damage. 

One can ask what positives were accomplished by all the riots this Summer?

There weren't any. Just negatives, with an increase in divisiveness and massive damages. 

Why did those people get put on a pedestal, even getting encouragement and treated with respect and acting honorably, when people tricked into supporting a different just cause..........a fair election(using fake facts) get crucified?

Politics.

By metmike - Jan. 30, 2021, 12:53 p.m.
Like Reply

It may appear as if I'm defending the Trump supporters and condemning the BLM supporters.

NO!

They both should be condemned with the same amount of gusto. All riots are wrong, even if the cause is a good one.

All deception and brainwashing is wrong, even if the brainwashers, gatekeepers of information thats fed to us, think their belief system is superior. 

All extreme, divisive and intolerant thinking is wrong....................and sadly, it's only getting worse and so far, the new president is going in the exact wrong direction(other than a few nice sounding speeches written by somebody else and repeated by him).

The objective right now by the MSM and democrats is to obliterate the republican party.

President Trump has given them the ammo to do it. 

Sadly, most people line up with one side or the other and they gravitate to news sites that tell the news the way they like to hear it. Those are the ones reaping the benefits with blockbusters ratings. 

Why would a person go to a site that tells them both sides, when hearing the other side, hurts their ears/brain?  Upsets them. Much better to get their daily dose of reassurance and feeling good about their belief system by getting the news interpreted by journalists or social media gurus who spin it to read/sound exactly the way it needs to be to reinforce whatever bias exists already.  

Mr. Divisive is no longer in office but the dynamics feeding the divisiveness are continuing to get worse.

The dems have power and instead of using it to come together, they are using it to try to crush the pubs. The MSM is maximizing that effort and in fact, is responsible for the VAST majority of how it gets enforced/applied.

If you truly want unity, you don't vilify vast numbers of the other side and portray the party as being them............low life cruds that want to overthrow the government using violence to put their guy in office.

It's like: "hey everybody, we want to bring the country together. Us, with our flawless,  altruistic actions and perfect(extreme) agenda to make the world a better place) and the other side, that we insist are dangerous, terrorist pieces of sheet, that want to overturn the election and obliterate the environment and kill the planet. 

Why won't they come together with us? They should be able to see that they are wrong about everything and are crap human beings and we are right about everything and are always perfect?

By metmike - Jan. 30, 2021, 1:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Continuing to vehemently attack the other side(s) is only causing the other side(s) to not only defend their position but be OFFENDED by the attacks. It's the recipe for increasing divisiveness and fueling hatred.

Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

How many republicans(the majority here) on this forum feel that democrats are making an effort to unite the country?

How many feel attacked and disrespected or just ignored? Why?

What would you require, to feel respected and your voice heard? 

The answer to that last question is the ONLY way that this country will ever unite. No other way. 

By joj - Jan. 30, 2021, 1:31 p.m.
Like Reply

MM,

Of course all violence should be condemned and prosecuted.

A couple of differences:

George Floyd's murder was not a "trick".  It was a protest for something that actually happened.

Trump's lie incited a protest based on something that NEVER happened.  "the steal"

The BLM protests and those who were violent (as reprehensible as it was) did not, in my opinion threaten the existence of democracy.  The violence in the capitol building did pose a threat to democracy.  The continued death threats to anyone and everyone who goes against the Trump cult (formerly the Republican Party) does continue to erode democracy as politicians cower.  

If your only metric is damage to property and lives lost then the BLM protests were worse.  But if we lose our democracy .....

By metmike - Jan. 30, 2021, 1:43 p.m.
Like Reply

joj,

I hear you clearly on that point. There really is abuse going on by bad cops and a legit issue and worth protesting vs the election results were just a blatant hoax. I went to a BLM protest in Evansville at the start of June(with an N95 mask)

But they were spun in a way that used that cause for other things and twisted the minds of those being used. 

"But if we lose our democracy ....."

This is true but those rioting, had their minds captured and thought their cause was FOR democracy, same as you and me that can think clearly. They were CONVINCED the election was stolen from Trump  by numerous bad actors, including President Trump.

We need to defend the truth and legit democracy but not vilify people that are with us on the democracy for being against democracy, when they are also for it.

This was the wrong way to express that of course but they sincerely thought they were defending our country from the stolen election. 

We need to go after the real problem to correct it.

Diabolical  sources that brainwash people into believing bs to support their political agenda.

By metmike - Jan. 30, 2021, 2:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Until the election, I reserved my use of the word diabolical, mostly to describe some of the schemes from democrats and the DOJ/Mueller to obliterate Trump. 

Trump has always been described as despicable in his behavior when his many character flaws were in full display.  

The difference has alot to do with how contrived and planned out with ulterior, self serving motives brain washing the people...... or not.

What President Trump did after this election was diabolical by any objective standard.

I know that republicans don't see it that way and thats  one of the reasons it was so diabolical. 

If was so convincing and effective. 

This last election was the most, investigated and proven secure and tested election in history.........by a wide margin based on the facts.

We have shown those facts here dozens of times to prove the allegations wrong.......over and over. 

By metmike - Jan. 30, 2021, 2:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Statement like that just posted will just make republicans not want to come here. 

Better to go to one of many sites that tell them what they want to hear.....echo chambers.

That's the opposite of what I want. The objective is to be as honest as possible and help you to be informed by the truth, not make you happier with deception.

But continue to encourage you to always, freely post your thoughts with no judgment or censorship by me. Even if I think you are full of crap, I will still respect you and it gives us the opportunity to intelligently discuss it as adults, using facts to figure out what the truth is.

We lost alot of the libs in the past few years, mostly because they were unable to remain civil after countless warnings but also, great pretty objective libs like Carl, who couldn't stand hearing his side criticized so much.

joj, on the other hand has remained, even while it was often him against a handful of conservatives. 

I'm very happy about this. In the beginning, I think that he most enjoyed the confrontation and opportunity to express a point not expressed here that ruffled feathers. Which I loved to pieces.

Now, his positive contributions and often,  objectiveness is getting up there with Carl, who epitomized my idea of the perfect poster.

Thanks for hanging around so long joj!

By TimNew - Jan. 30, 2021, 2:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Do you know how many studies show virtually no race based difference in police actions through scientific analysis of FBI statistics?  Shall I supply a few again?  George Floyd was a career criminal with a fatal dosage of drugs in his system when he died according to the autopsy.  Breona Taylor was not an innocent bystander shot in her sleep. Quite the contrary.   The list goes on, but it appears the BLM "movement" is based almost completely, if not entirely, on lies.

By metmike - Jan. 30, 2021, 6:30 p.m.
Like Reply

"George Floyd was a career criminal with a fatal dosage of drugs in his system when he died according to the autopsy."

"The list goes on, but it appears the BLM "movement" is based almost completely, if not entirely, on lies."

Tim,

The BLM has some serious flaws and I've sited the cops/race studies myself numerous times here. Blacks committing violent crimes at a 6 times higher rate than whites is the biggest problem that leads to profiling by street smart cops living in the real world. Also, the VAST majority of black homicides are not from white cops...............let's work together on fixing the real problems...........education, jobs and crime(that are holding blacks back) so that people of color can experience the American dream at the same rate as whites.

Your first comment on George Floyd says alot. Do career criminals deserve the death penalty on the street? Do they deserve any less respect than a non career criminal being arrested, when both are offering ZERO resistance? Human beings ALL deserve respect under ALL conditions. Some being arrested/confronted, that fight or threaten cops lives, forfeit that respect because those officers have a right to protect/defend their own lives. 

This is exactly the problem. It might not be systemic like BLM assumes but there is certainly enough of it and SOCIETY is super sensitive to it to aggressively manage it MUCH better.

I've been providing several suggestions on how to do this the past 2 years and they match up perfectly with this descriptionbelow of how it was actually done. The strange thing is that its not rocket science and it continues to NOT be implemented everywhere, despite recent events. This suggests that those in charge don't like change and that's all that would be required if you want to silence BLM's legit grievance............change the way we do law enforcement everywhere like was done below:

Police Reform            

Started by joj - July 18, 2020, 8:24 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/56197/

Here's the same story presented to us by a confused person(troll) that just came here to pick fights and inflame emotions and hatred with constant personal attacks and foul language trying to make the world a worse and more divisive place for his own entertainment.

DEFUNDING    THE POLICE WORKED HERE             

5 responses |        

Started by wxdavid - July 9, 2020, 4:26 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/55495/

By metmike - Jan. 30, 2021, 6:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Also related to this:

President Trump signs executive order on policing            

11 responses |                

Started by metmike - June 17, 2020, 9:16 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/54037/

Great discussion here:

Rioting in Atlanta            

27 responses |          

Started by TimNew - June 14, 2020, 8:23 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/53809/

By TimNew - Jan. 30, 2021, 9:03 p.m.
Like Reply

The fact that George Floyd was a career criminal does not justify a "Death Penalty".  But the autopsy results throw serious question into the cause of death and your statement that he was "Killed in coold blood".  Breona, "Hands Up Don't shoot", etc etc, are proven BS.

But the entire point I made was in reponse to the  belief that the BLM riots are somehow different from the brief riot by alleged Trump supporters  because BLM is reacting to "Truth".     The entire premise of systemic racism is based on false anecdotal subjective nonsense and there are reams of data to prove it.

There are also reams of data to at least suggest that many votes in the last election were invalid.  Yes, they were accurately counted.   But how many were legitimate legal votes cast by eligible voters?   You don't know.  At this point,  no one does and the people who should be looking into it don't want to.