Infowars, Zero Hedge, Daily Mail are right biased, low factual fake news sites
16 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - Feb. 4, 2021, 11:14 a.m.

Passing along Daily Mail, Infowars and Zero Hedge (among others) as objective news is an absolute joke. It is bottom of the barrel fake news/far right biased. I try to educate the board as best as possible but alas it often falls on deaf ears as tribalism is the enemy of objective thinking as those three horrible sources keep getting quoted as if they were real news.

Comments
By TimNew - Feb. 4, 2021, 11:41 a.m.
Like Reply

I think everyone knows that they all need to be taken with a grain of salt.   But,  they do cover actual stories before a lot of sources, and sometimes they are right.

Dismissing everything they say without a second look is as bad as accepting everything they say.

By GunterK - Feb. 4, 2021, 12:46 p.m.
Like Reply

you wrote ".. Passing along Daily Mail, Infowars and Zero Hedge (among others) as objective news is an absolute joke. It is bottom of the barrel fake news/far right biased..."

OK, I hear you

On the other hand, one could say,  our MSM, such as CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, WaPo (to mention just a few). are "bottom of the barrel fake news/far left biased."

Didn't we hear enough from these sites, during the 2.5-year Russia Investigation, when they were falling all over themselves, giving us a daily dose of far-left "conspiracy theory"?.

And this far-left,"bottom of the barrel bias" is still going on.

However, I was surprised to see you mention DailyMail in this group. Even Pierce Morgan, an editor of this site, and once a friend of Trump, has published numerous articles fiercely criticizing Trump. They frequently report on US politics by publishing news (just the news) without biased interpretation.

I would also like to add a comment about Alex Jones and his inforwars.com. I never watch their daily news casts (they are too time-consuming for me). Sure, some of their opinions are "far out". However, among those "far out conspiracy theories",  they also deliver real news (often backed by real videos), the kind of news the MSM wants to hide from us. And even more so. I appreciate this site for delivering news from around the globe. I do like to stay informed about significant events in other countries, something our MSM rarely does.

To get a grip on reality, I find it necessary to balance the far-left MSM sites, suffering from TDS, with sites on the other side. Somewhere in between should be the right place.

BTW… Alex Jones and his followers were present at the Jan 6 event. I have seen videos where he spoke to his followers (using a bullhorn), telling them to stay peaceful and follow police orders.

I guess, by making this post, I am considered to be a “deplorable”,”sub-human”, “domestic terrorist”… and I am not even a member of the “Trump cult”

Peace!

By WxFollower - Feb. 4, 2021, 5:19 p.m.
Like Reply

The whataboutism regarding the left biased Wapo, CNN, MSNBC, and the NYTimes is laughable and ridiculous. They’re left biased or at least left leaning, but they’re not fake news, conspiracy pushing, low factual basis far right sources like especially InfoWars and Zero Hedge. There is no comparison. Actually, I think CNN and even MSNBC have been right on the mark since the fraudulent made up crap about widespread anti-Trump election fraud got going right after the election.

By metmike - Feb. 4, 2021, 9:08 p.m.
Like Reply

One huge reason that CNN has finally been pretty accurate with their Trump news is not because they made any adjustments to close the wide gap between their interpretation of the news and what really happened.......they’ve been greatly exaggerating everything Trump so that many to most of his actions.....according to them....were diabolical, racist, incompetent or harmful.....with never any good things.

However, after the election he actually did something truly diabolical, deserving of impeachment and all they did  was report it like they did with everything else about him for 4 years.....and nailed it this time.

By TimNew - Feb. 5, 2021, 3:21 a.m.
Like Reply

Wapo, CNN, MSNBC, and the NYTimes

You realize there are several examples of "Fake News" out of these organizations,  right?  One of my favorites; Sandman successfully sued many for presenting a completely false narrative about his encounter in DC and also about his character.

But one of the most powerful editorial tools there is, is not what you choose to cover,   but what you choose not to cover.  As Gunter pointed out,  there are several cases.

By metmike - Feb. 5, 2021, 7:11 a.m.
Like Reply

How CNN And MSNBC Made Shakedown Artist Michael Avenatti A Household Name

https://thefederalist.com/2019/03/28/cnn-and-msnbc-made-shakedown-artist-michael-avenatti-a-household-name/

Michael Avenatti Appeared On CNN And MSNBC Over 100 Times In 10-Week Period In 2018

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/42786/#42792

======================================== 

Town hall with Joe Biden on CNN            

13 responses |        

Started by metmike - Sept. 17, 2020, 7:07 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/59244/

=================================================

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60077/#60105

Here is a suggestion for their new logo (-:

Wolf in Sheeps Clothing-Matthew 7:15-20 | Genealogy-Gencrafts.com's  collection of 100+ wolf ideas

File:CNN.svg - Wikimedia Commons

By wglassfo - Feb. 5, 2021, 6:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Painting with a broad brush re: fake news is a bit over the top IMHO

I will not let people like you tell me what is fake news You can have an opinion but don't tell me what you think is fake news and demand I follow your thought process

There are way too many people, like yourself, who want to tell the rest of us what to believe

I will do my own thinking and choice of news source with out the likes of your self telling me what to believe

We need to learn  how to think, not what  to think

Your post is mostly what to think and not so much how to think

By GunterK - Feb. 6, 2021, 12:44 a.m.
Like Reply

By WxFollower - Feb. 9, 2021, 7:52 p.m.
Like Reply

wayne said:

"I will not let people like you tell me what is fake news You can have an opinion but don't tell me what you think is fake news and demand I follow your thought process"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't demand anything. I already figured that many folks are controlled by tribalism. I don't expect you to change your mind. But there also are others who may be convinced. That's the main reason I posted, especially with with these sites used so much here. 

l'l let others tell us what is fake news. It isn't just coming from me. I have objective sites to back me up:

1. Infowars:

A. Infowars-Alex Jones - Media Bias Fact Check

"In review, InfoWars is a Tin-Foil Hat Conspiracy multimedia source. Alex Jones has become famous by selling fake stories and debunked claims to a large audience. There are simply too many crazy conspiracies to list and with that in mind, here are some of his more famous/infamous claims:

Editorially, Infowars presents with an extreme right-wing bias with virtually all stories favoring the right and denigrating the left such as this: ADD ONE TO CLINTON BODY COUNT, JEFFREY EPSTEIN KILLED DURING SUICIDE WATCH. There obviously isn’t any evidence to support Infowars claim and hence why it is a conspiracy.

Overall, InfoWars/Alex Jones is a crackpot, tin foil hat level conspiracy website that also strongly promotes pseudoscience. The amount of fake news and debunked conspiracy claims, as well as extreme right-wing bias, renders InfoWars a non-credible source on any level. (7/20/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 8/11/2019)."

B. InfoWars Media Bias | AllSides

"AllSides rates InfoWars as having a far right bias. A nearly even split of about 48 users agreed with this AllSides Bias Rating. Although additional data needs to be collected, we are relatively confident in this rating given controversies with which the website has been involved and comments made by founder Alex Jones.

Among conspiracy theories he has fanned are accusations that the United States was involved in the Oklahoma City bombings and 9/11, and that the Moon landings were faked in order to hide NASA’s secret technology."

-----------------------------

2. Zero Hedge:

A.  Zero Hedge - Media Bias Fact Check

• Overall, we rate Zero Hedge an extreme right biased conspiracy website based on the promotion of false/misleading/debunked information that routinely denigrates the left.

"In review, Zero Hedge publishes pro-right wing/Trump articles such as Pat Buchanan: “Trump Calls Off Cold War II.” As well as fake news stories regarding liberals: Anti-Trump Protesters Bused Into Austin, Chicago. "

B. ZeroHedge Media Bias | AllSides

"Writers on the left and right have referred to ZeroHedge as conservative; BuzzFeed referred to ZeroHedge as a 'popular pro-Trump website,' and Gateway Pundit referred to ZeroHedge as a 'top conservative and pro-Trump website.' Wikipedia also says that ZeroHedge has 'expanded into non-financial analysis, such as conspiracy theories and fringe rhetoric that has been associated with the Radical right (United States) and a pro-Russian bias.'"

By metmike - Feb. 9, 2021, 8:18 p.m.
Like Reply

i agree 100% with larry/wxfollower on those 2 sites.

and hes not giving just a personal opinion....hes providing an authentic source.

actually, many sources.

By metmike - Feb. 9, 2021, 8:36 p.m.
Like Reply

why is it that its so easy to see the blatant  bias of cnn.........but not see an even worse bias from the sources above?

and typical CNN viewers dont see the bias in cnn but know it with certainty with the sources above?

its because we tune into  the sources that tell us the  news the way that we like to hear it. the way we want it to be. the way that confirms our belief system and makes us feel good. reassures us that we have it completely  right and the other side has it all wrong.

if you were keeping track, you would note that these extreme sources are always really right/almost infallible and often have inside, powerful information that you cant get elsewhere that also proves the other side is really wrong.

and the other sides extremes portray the situation completely oppositely using information just as convincing.

i have a comment related to this when the topic of different  religions comes up.

i get everybodys attention and tell them that ive studied this for years and know with absolute confidence what the one true religion is. 

............so which one is it metmike??????

By metmike - Feb. 9, 2021, 8:39 p.m.
Like Reply

almost everybody will totally agree with me after they hear/read what  i found to be the only true religion.

By metmike - Feb. 9, 2021, 9:21 p.m.
Like Reply

the one true religion for almost everybody is........................

the religion that they were raised to believe in!

By metmike - Feb. 9, 2021, 9:26 p.m.
Like Reply

sadly, in our world today, it defines politics....and other realms, even science.

people go to cnn or info wars to have the political belief systems that represent the ONE TRUE ideology reinforced.

everything they read reinforces everything they think they know.....all based on FAITH that their side has it right and the other side has it completely wrong.

any facts that tell them what they want to be true defines their truths and get stored in their brains to reinforce what they think they know.

inconvenient facts that contradict their belief system, even objective, authentic facts..... are either immediately discarded or quickly replaced with false narratives/facts from their internet high priests that restore the faith in their political religion.

this defines the belief in the fake climate crisis today.

its NOT climate science at all. its climate religion based on the faith in their gate keepers/high priests (priestess in the case of Greta), that have hijacked climate science and even rewrote climate history.

one would think that the powerful tools of communication and information in todays world would result in a much higher level of education and being informed.

in some ways, this is true but powerful entities are using this to brainwash us with very convincing propaganda, while, in some other cases censoring sources that dont line up with their message. very often, the censored sources are delivering damaging messages that justify censoring. however, sometimes they are totally legit and are vilified as being nefarious for providing the truth.........when the truth doesnt line up with the censoring sources ideology. 

when reading this, both, opposing sides will be thinking the same thing  "yes, they are doing this all the time"

they will both be thinking its THE OTHER SIDE doing ALL of it to their side!

By metmike - Feb. 9, 2021, 10:23 p.m.
Like Reply

the entire reason for this country to be so divided right now and getting more divided is based on the previous post.

cnn and fox news dont want both sides to unite. just the opposite.

they are quick to show you examples of how the other one is being divisive....and are often correct....while at the same time attacking anything and everything the other side does and defending anything and everything that emanates from their side.

this is how you generate ratings/viewers.

the more divisive that you are, the more likely it is to attract people from that side.

FOX makes a living feasting on the minds of republicans.

cnn....same thing with democrats.

and both pretending to be objective, altruistic and representing the truth, while telling viewers, with the polar opposite interpretations of the news..are evil.

there are some good, mostly objective news sources, however, more and more people are gravitating to the more extreme ones to hear/read news told the way they like to hear/see it.

By GunterK - Feb. 10, 2021, 12:56 a.m.
Like Reply

Hi metmike

Your comments hit the nail on the head.

The country is getting more and more divided. As a result, people on both sides are drifting further and further from common ground towards the extreme.

The idea that Biden is the “great uniter” is total BS. If Biden and his party would make an attempt to sit down and work together with the other side, a compromise could indeed be reached.

However, the democratic party is doing everything possible to destroy the other side. In 2016, Conservatives were “deplorables”… now they are a “sub-human” species that "must be destroyed".

The current impeachment trial is just one example of kicking the opponent, when he is down.It will only strengthen the resolve of the Trump supporters.

The "Right" is also doing their best to present their point of view and fight against the "Left". However, they don’t have the means to do so. Their voices are being silenced more and more. Neutral news sites are rare. As a result, people leaning to the right have a hard time finding a place to get informed and wind up in "far-right" sites.

However, compared to the huge forces of the combined MSM and Social Media, the few-right leaning sites could be compared to David fighting Goliath.

On Jan 6, a huge number of people gathered in Washington, coming from all corners of the US, voicing their concerns about the recent election. All of them are now considered to be “domestic terrorists” and persecuted.... while the anarchists of the Left, the ones who burned down whole city blocks and looted… they are still considered to be simple “protesters”

It looks to me like the Conservatives have lost the fight….