EV
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Feb. 7, 2021, 9:44 a.m.

Been  thinking about how the future of EV works

Came to conclusion that unless a lot of NG fired electric power plants are used as back up, then EV won't happen as much as hoped.  Maybe the best use of the desert is to cover it with solar panels, I dunno That death valley drive is sure one long empty space. Problem is we don't have a desert in Canada, so some body with a higher pay scale, than me, will have to figger out that problem. I would mandate clear flame but nobody asked me.

Even NG will have problems during cold weather plus wind mills

I am told wind mills shut down generating power at -20. That may not be correct, or a problem, but the bigger issue is NG. ADM was shut down because NG had to be diverted to heating demand. I think ADM has a supply contract for less cost but can be shut off supply if demand is else where. Plus pressure drops in cold weather further reducing NG availability

Now Elon Musk tells us today's tech does not allow us to build a storage battery when solar goes down, such as every nite

So IMHO EV doesn't have a hope with todays tech New tech will be needed to supply electric power for EV. Now if the left thinks NG is second best, then I guess we build lots of NG power plants and call it a win

Other wise no way do we have the ability to power everything with electricity

They can build EV cars but you have to have the power supply or else the whole concept goes out the window.  Signing a piece of paper does not mean it will happen.

Some of these idiots have got to the point where they think they have unlimited power and if they want it then it will happen

China will have EV cars and coal plants generating the electric power. One way to do it. Yeah, makes sense

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!