big-time inflation coming
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Feb. 16, 2021, 1:05 p.m.

printing money like there is no tomorrow... cannot end well

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2021-02-15/us-about-set-record-and-its-not-good-one

Comments
By Jim_M - Feb. 16, 2021, 4:31 p.m.
Like Reply

In the back of my mind I couldn't help wonder what the impact of all these packages was going to be.  The last I looked the unemployment rate was under 7%.  

Not optimal, but certainly not bad enough to warrant these packages.  

By cutworm - Feb. 16, 2021, 5:23 p.m.
Like Reply

Interest rates are going up. Bonds are down and in a down word trend.

T-BONDS Mar 2021 (CBOT:ZB.H21) Future Chart & Quotes -INO.com

I have been watching for this turn around for years, going back to the days when Champion was going long TMV. I got burnt a little but then went to the side lines just waiting and waiting and waiting. But now have a small long in TMV. 

By mcfarmer - Feb. 16, 2021, 5:33 p.m.
Like Reply

I always have a question when an article ends like this :

“All of these charts are SCREAMING that inflation is coming. And as usual most investors are asleep at the wheel.

Those who are properly prepared. however, will make literal fortunes.

On that note, we just published a Special Investment Report concerning FIVE secret investments you can use to make inflation pay you as it rips through the financial system in the months ahead.

The report is titled Survive the Inflationary Storm. And it explains in very simply terms how to make inflation PAY YOU.

We are making just 100 copies available to the public.

As I write this there are just 5 left.

To pick up yours, swing by:”

By cutworm - Feb. 17, 2021, 12:39 a.m.
Like Reply

I agree with you about that Mcfarmer. My assessment is independent of that article. And I have been wrong as much as I have been right. So my advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

By mcfarmer - Feb. 17, 2021, 9:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes, I didn’t mean to suggest the premise was wrong. I watch the treasury markets, more of a hobby than anything, and they are warming up.

But, I guess anything above zero could be considered warming.

By bear - Feb. 26, 2021, 11:27 a.m.
Like Reply

but remember ,here, real estate is fickle, and local.

in our area, i think some homes are sold even before the builder has started building.  and prices are rising. 

but in other areas of the country rents are falling.  

but, if interest rates continue rising, then at some point that will put a lid on rising home prices. 

By cutworm - Feb. 27, 2021, 12:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Bear I think the the start of rising rates will get some people who have been holding off to buy a new home to buy . the thinking being that they want a cheep fixed rate. But in the end rising rates , higher unemployment and higher building cost will severely hurt the housing market. JMHO