Today's Headlines
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Feb. 22, 2021, 3:35 p.m.

Just for kicks, I collected a bunch of today's headlines...

Texas Considers Letting Chinese Company Build Wind Farm That Would Provide Power To Air Force Base

Justice Thomas Blasts Supreme Court For Dismissing Election Fraud Lawsuit In Scathing Dissent

Kansas Bill Would Make Gold And Silver Legal Tender In The State

Catholic Cardinal Who Warned About Death of Western Civilization Removed by Pope

FAA Calls for Emergency Checks of Boeing Planes After Latest Incident

Fauci: Masks On Into 2022; Return to Normality “Depends What You Mean By Normality”

Black Attacks on Asians & Whites Called “White Supremacy” in New York –

Unintended Consequences and The Texas ‘Big Freeze’ Energy Disaster

University Promoting Scholarship for Illegal Aliens

Schumer: Texas “Ignored Climate Change — I Hope They Learned a Lesson”

Vaccine Passports to Enter Pubs, Venues Being Considered by British Government

Breaking: Supreme Court Rejects Trump Campaign’s Election Lawsuit

The Milky Way may be swarming with planets with oceans and continents like here on Earth

no, I didn't spend hours browsing the internet.They all came from one source... 

and I wonder, why does everybody hate this site so much? 

The site I am talking about is infowars. com

Of course, they do talk about a lot of things the Far Left does not want to hear. As we know, in today's PC environment, anything that goes against the Left is considered "conspiracy theory"

Comments
By mcfarm - Feb. 22, 2021, 6:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Justice Thomas has long been one of my favorites. Speaks clear and simple just like on this particular case. We had the chance to fix it and did not. We had the chance for clear direction and following the constitution and did not. And now we have no idea what free and fair elections are.

By metmike - Feb. 22, 2021, 6:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter,

Let me give you an analogy for why I don’t consider info wars to be credible.

Let’s say that a 3rd grade math teacher, Mr. Jones teaches  math similar to the way that info wars comes up with much of their news and you are the parent of a 3rd grader wanting a good math teacher for your kid.

Some important things for the kid to understand for a well rounded math education are addition, subtraction, multiplification, division.

So a friend recommends Mr. Jones and your kid goes to Mr. Jones and he teaches him some addition but your kid doesn’t like the other stuff so Mr. Jones only teaches him addition every day.

1+1=2     2+2=4   4+4=8    8+8=20 10+10=50    20+20=200

When you find this out, you are outraged with your friend for telling you Mr. Jones is a good math teacher.

But your friend defends his choice by stating.....1+1 does equal 2!    2+2 does equal 4!  And 4+4 does equal 8 and your kid likes to do those math problems not the other stuff, so Mr. Jones is a really good 3rd grade math teacher ........and this why.......I’m still sending my 15 year son, Billy Bob to learn 3rd grade math from him (-:

Moral of the story. If you want a well rounded education or understanding of politics and the world, you won’t get it from somebody that only presents an extremely narrow interpretation and often gets it wrong because their minds can’t contemplate anything that contradicts their belief system.

By cutworm - Feb. 22, 2021, 7:26 p.m.
Like Reply

met mike:" Moral of the story. If you want a well rounded education or understanding of politics and the world, you won’t get it from somebody that only presents an extremely narrow interpretation and often gets it wrong because their minds can’t contemplate anything that contradicts their belief system. "

Cutworm: So I Guess Cnn. Msnbc. Andrew Como are out. I think they are pretty narrow, and surely aren't right all the time, and ignore facts central to the story. Who is? 

By GunterK - Feb. 22, 2021, 7:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi metmike,

Infowars.com is not an algebra class… they are a news-media/opinion site. They serve 2 functions: a) report the news, and b) state their own opinion on certain subjects.

As far as reporting the news is concerned, I believe they do a pretty good and honest job. That’s why I posted a list of their news of today in my original post. They usually back their news stories with videos or documents. Sure, their selected news stories favor conservative views. All of the MSM also slants their news toward their ideology.

For example, the fact that an Australian news service stated that Pres Biden suffered from dementia, would not be reported by our MSM, but is was reported on infowars.

On the other hand, while our MSM relentlessly has tried to make Trump look bad, on a daily basis for the last 4 years, and has rarely posted anything positive about Trump, infowars has indeed criticized Trump quite often. In other words, infowar is less “extreme” than our MSM

As far as stating their own opinions is concerned…. yes, they do lean to the conservative side, just as the commentators on the MSM lean to the Left

Take for example the much debated 2020 election.

Alex Jones organized several “stop the steal” marches.

The other side claims ‘this was the most secure election in the history of the US”

Alex Jones cannot prove that election fraud was so massive that Trump would have won the election.

On the other hand… when you look at all the “irregularities”, the changing of the rules, and actual fraud that happened… saying that this was the ”most secure election in history” is like that teacher saying 8 + 8 = 20

coming back to our recent debate...

I remember, a few weeks ago, when we debated this issue, and I asked for proof that my examples of fraud (3 incidents of vote switching) were false, you stated (quoting from memory) “… it’s like asking someone to prove that unicorn don’t exist..”

What would you say, if I had said “I went to the zoo and saw 3 unicorns (my vote switching cases), and I took pictures of them”? You would now have to convince me that these unicorns were actually horses that were disguised as unicorns.

So far, as far as I know, nobody has debunked the vote switching issue.

As a result, I do believe there was election fraud, but, unlike Alex Jones, I cannot say that Trump would have won

Moral of the story: to get a well-rounded view of reality, it's good to listen to both sides.

By metmike - Feb. 22, 2021, 8:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Agree strongly cutworm, those sources are horrible on most stuff that's political.

What makes them even worse is that they want people to believe that they are objective. I'm getting some stitches out at the moment and will post my favorite CNN bashing posts by metmike later.

At least with alex jones,  he is sort of up front and you know what you are getting and liberals would never listen to him but then, some of his stuff is presented as facts and it's off the charts science fiction by any standards. 

I've never actually tuned into him unless somebody sent a link but remember him trying to prove that Obama and Hillary Clinton were possessed by demons.

However, he definately nailed some mueller arrest of roger stone stuff that nobody else had, including home videos That were exclusive. So every once in awhile, he hits home runs......just like CNN Did with trump in between their BS.

By metmike - Feb. 22, 2021, 8:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter,

I agree with you that it's best to consider both sides.

Almost nobody can do that and sadly, many of the popular news sources tell the news the way that one side likes to hear it to lure in that side.

Almost nobody goes to sources to get the news the way that they don't like to hear it......in other words, hear the opposing sides point of view to consider it.

When fox has stories on the fake climate crisis, I usually agree with most of what their sources present. When CNN and NPR-that I listen to much of the time on the daytime  radio have stories on the same topic, the coming, dire climate emergency, I am blown away at how effectively that they sell junk science and are so wrong but get an appreciation of the reality.

The politics of the fake climate scare have won the war. I know the positions of the other side and understand how they hijacked climate science, rewrote climate history and have bamboozled the world with the climate accord and green new deal.

I have listened and studied their strategies and gained an understanding that allows me to explain with great detail,exactly what they are doing, why they are doing 

By GunterK - Feb. 22, 2021, 9:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi metmike,

You have more than once stated what you think of CNN, but you do visit there to see what they have to say... and this gives you that "rounded view" of reality... and I do respect you for insisting on "facts", rather than "hearsay". or, even worse, fictitious 'news' stories.

I try to do the same. I am fully aware of some of Alex Jones' extreme 'conspiracy theories', and I ignore them.  But he does present of lot of real news... news that you will have a hard time finding on our MSM, and that's why I am often there to read.

You are also correct in your assessment of people preferring to read the kind of news that fits their belief system.

For many years, I have supported the democratic party and their presidents. Every morning I got my daily news from CNN. 

The watershed moment happened for me during the 2016 election campaign. Was it me? What changed me? Or has the democratic party mutated?

It is my humble opinion that the emergence of Trump has changed the Democrats  (of course, not all of them), including their propaganda arm, the MSM, into a vicious, hateful group of extremists.  Maybe, if Trump hadn't appeared, they wouldn't be that way.

That's why many people quite corerctly blame Trump for all the hate and division. On the other hand, and again IMHO, it was the hateful response from the Left, that we witmessed from day 1 of his presidency, that caused the division.

Yes, you are right,...because of the extreme bias of our MSM, and because I don't quite feel in touch with the Dem party anymore, I do drift towards reading more news sites of the Right

By metmike - Feb. 22, 2021, 11:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Who do you trust?            

13 responses |             

Started by joj - Dec. 31, 2020, 2:31 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/62490/

YouTube to Delete Content Alleging Presidential Election Fraud            

5 responses |          

Started by metmike - Dec. 9, 2020, 5:11 p.m.       

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/62490/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/65232/#65258

By metmike - Feb. 23, 2021, 12:08 a.m.
Like Reply

"coming back to our recent debate...

I remember, a few weeks ago, when we debated this issue, and I asked for proof that my examples of fraud (3 incidents of vote switching) were false, you stated (quoting from memory) “… it’s like asking someone to prove that unicorn don’t exist..”

Maybe you forgot what came after that Gunter, here it is.....the evidence/proof. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/65299/#65362