Biden orders airstrikes in Syria
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Feb. 26, 2021, 6:12 p.m.

Biden orders airstrikes in Syria, retaliating against Iran-backed militias

Pentagon press secretary John Kirby said Friday the bombing caused “casualties” but said it was too early to say how many fighters were killed or wounded.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/biden-airstrikes-syria-retaliating-against-iran-backed-militias-n1258912

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden on Thursday ordered airstrikes on buildings in Syria that the Pentagon said were used by Iranian-backed militias, in retaliation for rocket attacks on U.S. targets in neighboring Iraq.

The strikes killed at least 22 people, London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Friday, citing unconfirmed local reports.

Pentagon press secretary John Kirby portrayed the bombing in eastern Syria as carefully calibrated, calling it “proportionate” and “defensive.”

Kirby told reporters Friday the bombing caused “casualties” but said it was too early to say precisely how many militia fighters might have been killed or wounded.

“We have preliminary indications of casualties on site, I'm not going to go any further than that,” Kirby said.

The operation was the first known use of military force by the Biden administration, which has for weeks emphasized plans to focus more on challenges posed by China.

Comments
By mcfarm - Feb. 27, 2021, 7:09 a.m.
Like Reply

wow, and just where did all Harris's outrage go? No to mention the hypocrisy from the msm . Man it must feel so bullet proof to walk around with that D by your name.

By mcfarm - Feb. 27, 2021, 10:32 a.m.
Like Reply

more examples of typical reporting if you have a D by your name

By GunterK - Feb. 27, 2021, 7:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Taking down the regime in Syria was the plan, a long time ago. I believe, Hillary Clinton was supposed to do this, and the 2016 election messed it all up.

I expect to see more intense military action in Syria, possibly involving a confrontation with Russia. Let's hope that nobody is crazy enough to pushl that infamous "nuclear button"

By GunterK - Feb. 27, 2021, 7:23 p.m.
Like Reply

the democrats don't trust Biden either. They want to be in charge of the nuclear codes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9296823/Democrats-ask-Biden-sole-authority-launch-nuclear-strikes.html