Biden's speech
15 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - March 11, 2021, 9:07 p.m.

What did you think of Biden's first address to the nation?

Comments
By mcfarm - March 11, 2021, 9:10 p.m.
Like Reply

as I listened I was thinking......really? Such childlike pronouncements and ideas

By metmike - March 11, 2021, 10:24 p.m.
Like Reply

This was CNN's take. Who agrees with this?

There are several items on this guys list, along with comments that suggest that he must be living in a different world.

In today's manufactured reality world, the MSM and politicians will say anything they want, then keep repeating it over and over, in tandem with like minded sources...........and after awhile, people believe it. 

The objective isn't to inform people, it's to brainwash them with your belief system and alternative(made up) facts. 

7 takeaways from Joe Biden's prime-time Covid-19 speech

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/11/politics/joe-biden-speech-takeaways/index.html

By GunterK - March 12, 2021, 12:26 a.m.
Like Reply

When you say "Biden's speech", you are actually talking about Vinay Reddi's speech... the man who writes Biden's speeches.

I consider him to be a good speech writer. He knows exactly what the audience wants to hear.

mcfarm used the term"childlike"... I believe, Vinay intentionally used this approach, in consideration of the audience.

After all, what the audience wanted to hear is Biden taking control of this bad situation and saving us all, while Trump is to blame for all that went wrong

The other crises, such as the imploding Southern border, with 100,000s of illegal aliens crossing every month and flooding local hospital with illegal-alien Covid19 patients is not really a problem, because the media is ignoring it.

Biden is is doing a good job reading those speeches. He gave a small speech just a few days ago, Of course, when it came to the audience asking questions, his handlers cut off his mike. Appareently he is not able to go beyond the prepared material.

By metmike - March 12, 2021, 1:16 a.m.
Like Reply

I was hoping to get as many opinions as possible before stating what I thought of tonight’s TelePrompter reading by President Biden.

By wglassfo - March 12, 2021, 8:38 a.m.
Like Reply

Harris has talked to every single foreign leader on introductory telephone conversations, starting with Canadian prime minister Trudeau

I can't help but think what happens when some body travels to the WH for a conversation with Biden. Will Harris be there and dominate the conversation

Awkward situation comes to mind

Will 25th amendment be invoked some time later???

At least Biden can still sign bills to spend money

What happens when the WH holds a state dinner

Will Biden get confused and make remarks that are taken seriously and damaging to the USA

Biden as president is not good for the USA

By GunterK - March 12, 2021, 8:44 a.m.
Like Reply

Meghan McCain's husband does not frequent this forum, but his reaction was mentioned on DailyMail

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9354049/Meghan-McCains-husband-Ben-Domench-says-Bidens-prime-time-speech-lies-senile-person.html

By TimNew - March 12, 2021, 10:15 a.m.
Like Reply

Did not watch the speech.  Sincerely doubted he had anything to say that I cared to hear.

I do eagerly anticipate his 1st press conference.  I wonder when it shall be?

By GunterK - March 12, 2021, 12:41 p.m.
Like Reply

you wrote; "..I do eagerly anticipate his 1st press conference.  I wonder when it shall be?.."

I predict there will be no press conference for a while. But later, maybe in fall, Pres. Harris will hold her first press conference

By metmike - March 12, 2021, 12:50 p.m.
Like Reply

I waited to get other reactions, mainly to see what you all thought before I planted any seeds in your head.

Also, to calm down and think about it for a day because, to be honest, in watching his entire speech, as somebody that knows the authentic facts and science,  I was friggin horrified at numerous things that he stated!

He spent a great deal of time telling us that he represented the science and emphasized  many times that Americans would finally get the truth............then he gave us junk science and lies.

He spent much of the first half of the speech telling us how bad its been(obviously blaming Trump all over the place) and still is. Not once in his speech did he tell us that we peaked over 2 months ago, with new cases and hospitalizations down over 75% since then and continuing to nosedive lower. By a very, very, very wide margin this is the most significant (wonderful) news of all...............but he continues to cover it up:

Post election,  Biden says "Nothing will change the trajectory of covid over the next several months"            

22 responses |              

Started by TimNew - Jan. 23, 2021, 2:37 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/64687/

Proof of that science with the latest data:

Plunging rates since early January.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/63690/

He continued to emphasize that everybody needs to keep wearing their almost worthless cloth masks, trying to make a connection that does not exist between cloth masks  and COVID getting better(communities with cloth mask mandates the past year did no better than those without them). Not once mentioning the N95 masks that actually do a good job. 

Get N95 masks ASAP! Here's the truth.            

28 responses |         

Started by metmike - Dec. 21, 2020, 7:27 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/63115/

He told us that if we did everything just like the government is telling us we have to do, maybe we'll get lucky and he and the government scientists (that have been wrong most of the time) will let our families gather in small groups on July 4th.

Are you kidding me?

He and those same people told us that thousands of people smashed together and shouting last Summer across the country protesting were NOT spreading COVID and they encouraged that in the middle of the pandemic and now that its clearly getting much better, we have to wait another 4 months before HE will let small groups of our families be together again. This is messed up to the max:

Covering up massive COVID being spread from protests-8/8 update below            

29 responses |       

Started by metmike - July 30, 2020, 7:28 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/57070/

Then, he continually made it appear as if Trump's vaccination effort was totally inept and thank God, now, only because of him, they are finally vaccinating millions of Americans. They are even exceeding his objectives.

Go back just 8 months ago and his people were telling us that Trump was loony toons for even speculating, let alone promising a vaccine by the end of the year.

Never mind Operation Warp Speed that developed the vaccine in mind boggling record time, fellow Americans, it was President Biden that took over and got everybody vaccinated. 

And he kept looking us in the eye and acting so sincere about telling us the truth and using the best science because he cares about each of us.............while he lied his arse off.

He even pulled out a card inside his jacket and read from it................XXX,XXX number of Americans dead from the virus. He says that he keeps that with him all the time and updates it daily.

For somebody that keeps such close track of the daily deaths and statistics its completely puzzling why he couldn't provide us with any..........not one that shows that we turned the corner 2 months ago and things are looking so much-MUCH better than they did late last year. 

The only thing that could possibly make sense is that, later this year, he will be bragging about how HIS policies are what caused us to beat the pandemic.

If the actions BEFORE he took over had already caused a peak, he doesn't want us to know that. 

Truth and science are 2 things that we will not be getting with this guy. 

By GunterK - March 12, 2021, 3:08 p.m.
Like Reply

I didn't listen to the speech.. I only read about it, after the fact.

Great analysis, metmike. Thanks

By metmike - March 12, 2021, 8:09 p.m.
Like Reply

YW Gunter.

If the MSM, scientists and politicians were doing their jobs, I wouldn't have to be like this and it brings me no joy. 

By metmike - March 12, 2021, 8:20 p.m.
Like Reply

DeSantis to Biden: Thought of reinstating COVID-19 restrictions 'insane

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/543012-desantis-calls-biden-remarks-warning-of-possibly-returning-to-covid-19

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Friday blasted President Biden's warning that the U.S. could need to reinstate certain coronavirus restrictions if the public does not stay "vigilant" about defeating COVID-19.

"To even contemplate doing any type of lockdown, honestly it's insane," DeSantis said during a press conference in Florida, touting the state's efforts to administer vaccines to the elderly and other populations.

"That's not gonna happen in the state of Florida," the governor continued, referring to reinstating restrictions. "We're gonna continue doing what works, but under no circumstances would we entertain anything of the sort."

Biden has repeatedly vowed to not lock down the country but warned in a prime-time address Thursday night that some restrictions may have to be revisited if current downward trends change and the virus resurges.

"Biden last night said that they may have to impose more lockdown-type policies in the future. I can tell you, that ain't happening in Florida. We are not going to let him lock down Florida," DeSantis pledged Friday.'

metmike: Agree 1,000% on this. With most people vaccinated or having had COVID, in several months,  why in tarnation would Biden even say this?

We need the truth! And right now, the truth tells us that COVID is being crushed.....and people should know their lives will be getting closer and closer to what they were like over a year ago as time marches on. THERE SHOULD BE NO NEED FOR LOCK

By GunterK - March 13, 2021, 11:11 p.m.
Like Reply

By metmike - March 19, 2021, 1:43 a.m.
Like Reply

Let's see if I have my facts right.

In the 2 months since Biden took over:

1. We have a major crisis at the southern border biggest problem in the last 20 years.

2. Biden has started a new Cold War with Russia and created a new dangerous foreign enemy.

3. Biden has taken several actions to obliterate the energy industry in the US. that will cost thousands of jobs.

4. Made a decision to completely mess over Canada on the oil pipeline coming from Canada that will also hurt US energy security.

5. Signed up with the bogus climate accord and signaled that he wants to lead the way............on the way to a completely fraudulent scheme perpetrated on people with propaganda. 

6. Told people there was nothing we could do to change the path of COVID during his first 3 months because it was going to be bad................no matter what....even as COVID numbers were dropping from 270,000/day to 50,000/day.

7. Insisted we had to keep wearing the almost worthless cloth masks...........even the 9% of people that had COVID already and can't get it again. Even 28% of the people that have been vaccinated and are protected. 

Not very smart leadership in my opinion. 

By metmike - March 19, 2021, 2:26 a.m.
Like Reply

We have a serious problem here. Even some of the MSM see it:

Biden not yet holding a formal news conference raises accountability questions

He's gone longer without one than any president in the past 100 years.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-holding-formal-news-conference-raises-accountability-questions/story?id=76341787

Halfway into his first 100 days, President Joe Biden has yet to hold a formal, solo news conference, raising questions about accountability with the White House under increasing pressure to explain why.

Even as the nation deals with multiple crises -- a deadly pandemic and the devastating economic fallout -- Biden has gone longer without facing extended questions from reporters than any of his 15 predecessors over the past 100 years.

The tough exchanges in such a setting can reveal much more to Americans about a president's thinking and test his explanations, as opposed to what so far have been Biden's brief answers -- often one-liner quips -- in the tightly-controlled and often-scripted events the White House has arranged to date.

The contrast with former President Donald Trump has been especially striking, especially given Biden's repeated promises to Americans that he'd always be "straight" and "transparent."

The previous record was set by President George W. Bush, who waited 33 days before hosting a formal, solo press conference. But that was more of an anomaly: Many others held them within a handful of days or a few weeks of taking office, according to an analysis of documents in a database maintained by the American Presidency Project at the University of California, Santa Barbara.