Spacetravel faster than light
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - March 21, 2021, 10:15 p.m.

Interesting studies are being done, finding ways to travel faster than light (which is impossible, according to Einstein)

The nearest star is Alpha Centauri, which is 4.5 lightyears away from us.

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/warp-speed-may-be-possible-tremendous-amount-energy

Comments
By metmike - March 22, 2021, 9:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Interesting article Gunter!

I'm no astrophysicist but it would seem, that even if this THEORY is correct, there will never be an energy source even close to being able to producing  even a fraction of the energy needed  to accomplish this.

Related:

This Is How Physicists Trick Particles Into Going Faster Than Light

https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2019/06/28/this-is-how-physicists-trick-particles-into-going-faster-than-light/?sh=11aebe8b462c

Imagine a ray of light that travels directly away from the Sun. In the vacuum of space, if no particles or matter are present, it will indeed travel at the ultimate cosmic speed limit, c: 299,792,458 m/s, the speed of light in a vacuum. Although humanity has produced extremely energetic particles in colliders and accelerators — and detected even more energetic particles coming from extragalactic sources — we know we cannot break this limit.

By wglassfo - March 23, 2021, noon
Like Reply

I think Trump ordered that information on UFO's be made public. I think there is a report due some time soon, as in perhaps July 2021???

Retired military people tell us a lot of UFO activity has been collected by the military, more than most would expect. This seems to be actual UFO activity as multiple sensors have recorded unexplained UFO activity

Further, as an example, these UFO's seem to move at speeds we don't understand with our physics laws, such as travelling in excess of the speed of sound with no sonic boom

Now nobody expects to learn much, from this report, other than to officially admit UFO activity, but the fact remains that it is possible, the laws of physics, as we understand them may be more advanced, by some body or some thing, with the real time observation of UFO's acting in a way that may defy the laws of physics, "as we currently understand this stuff"

We may, some day find out what we thought was possible or impossible is actually different than we currently believe

By bear - March 23, 2021, 1:43 p.m.
Like Reply

sorry for the cynicism... but... 

if a buddy of mine were to claim to have seen a space ship from another solar system,...  i'd be inclined to ask him what he has been smoking.  

or he claimed to have seen a ghost,.. i'd ask him what he has been smoking.  

By GunterK - March 23, 2021, 2:44 p.m.
Like Reply

wglassfo , I doubt very much that the military will tell us everything they know. I expect to see stuff where one can only say. "Well maybe it is, or maybe it is not"

For example, that  published F18 video clip, taken near San Diego... it only shows the HUD display of the jet chasing an object. Now what?

However, they showed one other, similar video clip with an astonishing ending (I believe it was taken at an earlier time)... on that video we see the jet in steady, straight pursuit of an"object". Then suddenly, the object makes a 90 degree turn to the left and moves out of sight with astonishing speed. Any pilot here could confirm that an aircraft cannot make such a turn, and if it had the energy to do so, the G-load would instantly kill the pilot.

The spokesman also spoke of "various UFO crashes"... I wonder will they aver correct the ridiculous lie about the 1947 Roswell crash being a balloon? (if they had said one of their highly secret experimental aircraft had crashed,  i would have even believed them.)