Current debates that just make my head hurt!!!
7 responses | 2 likes
Started by TimNew - April 4, 2021, 8:41 p.m.

This is the short list.  I could  go on and on.

Ciimate Crisis.  Even if you're stupid, after decades of being told that the coastal cities will be flooded and the polar bears will be dead and we will all die in an appocolypse in the next 10 years,   every dayum year for the last 40+ years,  shouldn't you start to wonder, at least a little?

Trump said Nazi's are fine people.  After being shown the actual speech,  word for word,  where he denounced white supremicists, NAZI's,  etc,  several times,  wouldn't you realise he never said NAZI's are fine people?

Photo id is voter suppresion.  Does anyone really believe that getting free state issued photo id's is out of reach of anyone?     Side note..   Does anyone see the irony of a party that decries  "systemic racism" where people denigrate the ability of minorities while insisting the same minorities can't possibly survive without affirmative action, reparatons,  social welfare?  Seems kinda racist to me.

Boys conpeting with girls in sports.   How can this possibly be a debate?

Whither doest thou go America,  in your shiny dark car of in the night?

Comments
By 7475 - April 4, 2021, 10:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Amen, Brother

By metmike - April 5, 2021, 11:38 a.m.
Like Reply

Brilliant  assessment of reality!            

7 responses |               

Started by metmike - April 2, 2021, 1:26 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/67419/

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:  Perceptions of climate at odds with science            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/67395/#67458                     

By metmike - April 3, 2021, 6:59 p.m.            

To win the case for political agenda.

1. Make up a very convincing sounding narrative. Tell people that it's for altruistic cause X or cause Y...........saving the planet is one of the best. Who could be against that? (other than deniers or racists trying to sabotage your effort and big oil wrecking the planet for selfish financial gains).
  2. Tell them that it's based on the science and that all the real scientists universally agree on it. Those that disagree are conspiracy theorists or have evil motives....or are racists.  
  3. Repeat it over and over and over....for decades in this case. 
  4. Don't let observations or contradictions get in the way with reality.  Effectively censor sources that have authentic data/evidence that contradicts your message. If they get loose with a message that's picked up and gains traction........ smear them based on #2.
  5. Ex-KGB on Ideological Subversion: How the UN/IPCC hijacked science/brainwashed the world. Previously warmer. Polar bear hoax. Sept. 2019
    https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/38156/

By metmike - April 5, 2021, 11:54 a.m.
Like Reply

You may think that last post was speculating. 

It's a description of what has been happening based entirely on facts from an independent scientist and practicing environmentalist with no political affiliations.

It may appear as if its targeting one side because that's the one that has the MSM and main gatekeepers and most power to propagandize the most people with the most messaging............but the other side acts the exact same way, using the same playbook.

Note the Biden stealing the election because of  fake news about the amount of fraud and dozens of  fake allegations of fraud that were proven to be manufactured, which convinced tens of millions of Trump supporters that something happened that never happened.

Or that George Floyd died from a drug overdose.......even when the guy who murdered him, prevented all others, many pleading for George, from helping  George................for 3 minutes and 51 seconds AFTER George stopped breathing and was unresponsive(with continued pressure on his neck).

To fall for that brainwash takes some heavy hitting brainwashing in tandem with targets that WANT to believe it. 

Who keeps their knee on a dead man's neck for almost 4 minutes after his heart stops beating and he's no longer breathing?

If you can't recognize racism this blatant, then you can never see it.

By metmike - April 5, 2021, 12:06 p.m.
Like Reply

In other words:

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=People%20who%20live%20in%20glass%20houses%20shouldn%27t%20throw%20stones

metmike: I think it's wonderful when WE bring up good points like this one here(throwing stones) but am trying to get US to acknowledge seeing OUR  own behavior.. behaving the same way and stop being that way(letting sources from the right control OUR thinking)  MOVE OUT OF THE GLASS HOUSE!

By TimNew - April 5, 2021, 1:45 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm done with the circular arguments on these subjects.    

You want to believe Chavin's actions caused Floyds death in spite of the fact that there was no physical evidence to support it,  go right ahead.

You want to believe there was no significant voter fraud in the last election, in spite of documented irregularities and a system fraught with vulnerabilities,  more power to you.   But it sure appears suspicious that the left s working so hard to misrepresent and demonize law changes that make voter identification a priority.

You can even inject your beliefs into every single discussion we even have from now on if you like.

This will be my last response on the subject,

By metmike - April 5, 2021, 2:14 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

You are one of our most generous contributors of wonderful, useful information and  a favorite poster as well as a good friend.

But I play no favorites when it comes to truth, authentic science and always backed up 100% by verifiable facts with zero exceptions.

One of my objectives here is to get people to look in the mirror to see their own bias......instead of reinforcing it by going to echo chambers of people like themselves that tell them what they like to hear.

I have no agenda and try to be neutral. If everybody in the country is on one side or the other and only wants to go places that say things their side likes to hear......then I might end up being the only poster left here.

So be it........but at least I did what I know is the right thing to try to open minds to look beyond the brainwashes on both sides and see the authentic truths.....and in fact, showing exactly how the massive mind control  is being imposed.....by both sides.

I guess this indisputable evidence is just not powerful enough to overcome the cognitive bias and long lived brainwashing.

By metmike - April 5, 2021, 2:39 p.m.
Like Reply

I read my statement over and realized that I used YOU and sounding very much as if I only meant YOU Tim. I meant WE as in everybody or people in general even though you started this thread and have the positions I stated.

The first post that you started this thread with is a good one, in my opinion.

Apologies for making it more/too personal with bad wording initially on my part. I adjusted that.

I am against personal attacks here and want to avoid singling out an individual because the majority of regular posters here would agree with you and not my take.