new rules for America
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - April 13, 2021, 10:17 a.m.
Comments
By metmike - April 13, 2021, 10:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm!

Some great points in there.

By TimNew - April 13, 2021, 11:09 a.m.
Like Reply

I would enjoy hearing an argument against any one, or all of the points made in the link.

By WxFollower - April 13, 2021, 12:06 p.m.
Like Reply

First and foremost, these are literally Fox News talking points. Fox News has sunk to a low for me. It is so horribly biased now in favor of the crap being spread by the pro-Trumpers that I have very little desire to watch it these days. 

Fox News is a terrible source!

But I’ll address the first two points:

1. How dare they bring up the budget deficit after what happened under Trump:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2020/02/01/trumps-deficits-are-racing-past-obamas/amp/

2. How dare they mention laws not being followed after Trump incited the January 6th Capitol riots, including telling Pence to literally violate the Constitution and then expressing disappointment that caused his life to be in danger. 

By metmike - April 13, 2021, 12:08 p.m.
Like Reply

This is the one that I will take issue with................since you asked Tim:

7. Ignoring or perpetuating homelessness is preferable to ending it. It is more humane to let thousands of homeless people live, eat, defecate and use drugs on public streets and sidewalks than it is to green-light affordable housing, mandate hospitalization for the mentally ill and create sufficient public shelter areas.

metmike: Facts

President Biden Signs American Rescue Plan Act with Nearly $50 Billion in Housing and Homelessness Assistance

https://nlihc.org/resource/president-biden-signs-american-rescue-plan-act-nearly-50-billion-housing-and-homelessness

++++++++++

Housing for All

In the richest country in the history of the world, every American must have a safe, decent, accessible, and affordable home as a fundamental right.

Bernie Signature

https://berniesanders.com/issues/housing-all/

By TimNew - April 13, 2021, 1:06 p.m.
Like Reply

So, this bill will be as successful as all the others and we'll eliminate homelessness.  Wonderful! Don't blame me for not holding my breath.  This is just another government boondogle that will do nothing but enrich the politically connected.    But don't take my word for it.  Let's revisit in 1,2 3 or more years.  Just another "lather, rinse, repeat" liberal publicity stunt.

Meanwhile,  in places like California,  where homelessness is an epidemic,   housing shortages also remain epidemic and what housing there is is insanely overpriced.   Guess why.  Meanwhile, they import the illegal imigrants by the busload and call those of us who oppose "Racist and Hearltess" as more and more end up on the streets.

And Bernie?  How many houses does he have now?   Not bad for a guy who's never worked a day in his life.  But, as with most on his side, he's not about to redistribute his wealth.   Only others,  while fully supporting the type of policies that create the problems he swears he'll address.

By metmike - April 13, 2021, 2:28 p.m.
Like Reply

I don’t know about all that other stuff that you just brought into it but I was just addressing the point from the article about these people and homelessness being ignored or perpetuated by them to show it is not true.

Trump was in charge the last 4 years so if you want to blame the current situation on somebody........

Will Biden make it better?

I don’t know but  they are doing something, not ignoring it.

Will increasing illegal immigration make it worse?

It might but that still doesn’t negate things they are doing to try to make it better.

Is sanders a hypocrite on many issues?

For sure on climate change but that doesn’t negate his legit push to help homeless people......which is what this topic is about. He can have 10 homes and still help the homeless. 

On climate, he is telling everybody that using a lot of fossil fuels is destroying the planet.....as he uses 10 times what I use, as a practicing, legit environmentalist.

On homelessness, , he is not saying people with too many homes are causing homelessness, he is saying everybody deserves a home like the rest of us.....even as he owns 3 of them. 

Turns out that Bernie and Biden were some of the biggest scrouges with charitable donations in the past, so one might attack that but even that doesn’t negate his very strong position and agenda to help the homeless NOT ignore them. This was completely made up by the original source of mcfarms.

By mcfarm - April 13, 2021, 6:22 p.m.
Like Reply

I think the point was Bernie and many libs have good intensions with the homeless, just with other peoples money. And 100% identical to Gore's and Kerry's position on warming. Put those damn wind mills in somebody else's back yard and let me fly my private plane because I am an elite and shut up and get out of my way. I have to get home to one of my 6 mansions. A bunch of oil execs are coming over tonite with another suitcase full of money

By TimNew - April 14, 2021, 2:32 a.m.
Like Reply

My point is,  it's all lip service.    Check the homeless situation in 1,2,3 or 4 years, or how ever many you want.   As long as places like California operate the way they do, the Federal Government can't fix it.   I'm not blaming Trump,  I'm not even blaming Biden.  I'm just saying any actions they take are inneffective against the dismal management of the state and local governments in these areas.  

As far as Biden's intent with the 50 billion dollars,  an audit of that money would be enlightening; what path it takes to it's final destination.  But of course,  we know that's "impossible".

I'm just getting so tired of the idea so many people have that the federal government has magic wands and pixie dust  combined with the purest of intentions, and with the flick of a wrist, and a few trillion magic dollars that came from thin air, can/will solve any problem.   They can't, and probably shouldn't and history, with a great deal of consistency tells us they fail.

By metmike - April 14, 2021, 10:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks!