Police Brutality!!
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - April 18, 2021, 7:14 p.m.

I've already told this story once,  but I'll tell it again

A few years ago,  my brother came to visit.  We watched a football game and did shots and beers all afternoon.  I was totally smashed by 7pm..    But that's when I had my last drink.

Headed to the office Monday AM about 9am.  I was speeding a bit and got pulled over. I will say the cop was an ass,  but lets get on wth the story.

I looked like crap.  Eyes bloodshoot, and I bet there was a faint smell of alcohol   Probably not.  But maybe.

He gave me a roadside sobriety test and I did terrible.  I finally said..  "Just give nme a breathalyzer test and I'll be on my way".  14+ hours...   I drank a lot,  but not THAT much.  So,  I passed the breathalyzer,  as expected.   He gave me back my license and told me to sit on my bumper while he wrote the speeding ticket.

I walked around the side of my car , reached through the window,and went to put my lisense back in my wallet. He drew on me and yelled "FREEZE".  I put my hands up and said "Sorry,  just putting my liscense back". 

But how would that have turned out had I said,  "F YOU,  LEAVE ME ALONE", or something.

And I am a totally white 60 something year old white guy.    

ANYONE can make a police interaction dangerous.

Comments
By metmike - April 18, 2021, 7:34 p.m.
Like Reply

So what should have George Floyd done differently?

By TimNew - April 18, 2021, 7:39 p.m.
Like Reply

How about...    Not resisting arrest?    You've seen the same video I did.

But he already had a fatal dose of drugs in his system that included a faulty heart,,  so the outcome was predetermined.

By TimNew - April 18, 2021, 8:07 p.m.
Like Reply

A summary of the case.

Prosecution:  It was terrible.  He kneeled on Floyds neck for 3 minutes afer he was already dead.  All the witnesses were terrified'.  (Note:  No one measured Floyd's vitals during this time.  His lack of pulse  is an opinion)

Defense:   Floyd had a fatal level of drugs in his system. He had a fatal heart condition. There was no sign of trauma,  no sign of axphysiation.  No bruising,  Nothing.

Conclusion required for a guilty plea.  "Chavin really really wished that Floyd would die" Because,  there was no physical cause from his actions.

By metmike - April 18, 2021, 9:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

You make a great point that things would have went much better for him if he cooperated from the get go. 

Sadly, we are not being taught that important lesson from this tragedy......that people being stopped or arrested will get better treatment if they just comply.......but you also insist  that he would have died no matter what and Chauvin played no role in his death.

So cooperating would still mean death for this poor man, right?

If he had cooperated, would they then,  have given him medical assistance when he stopped responding, instead of not allowing medical assistance with a knee on his neck for almost the first 4 minutes of that time?

If not, than why not?

If so then why didn't they give him medical assistance until it was way too late, long after he was completely unresponsive by every standard and way, way after he had stopped any type of resisting?

https://www.masslive.com/news/2021/04/george-floyd-most-likely-suffocated-er-doctor-who-pronounced-him-dead-testified-in-court-monday.html

"Langenfeld said that “any amount of time” a patient spends in cardiac arrest without immediate CPR decreases the chance of a good outcome. He said there is an approximately 10% to 15% decrease in survival for every minute that CPR is not administered."

Tim: "Conclusion required for a guilty plea.  "Chauvin really really wished that Floyd would die" Because,  there was no physical cause from his actions."

I think that we should just listen to what almost all the experts testified to in the trial. as well as the visual evidence. The jury will be instructed to do that when deciding on the verdict.

They presented plenty of science, medicine, facts, data/evidence including some of  the most powerful video evidence in history.

None of us are mind readers and the jury will not be expected to read Chauvin's mind either and decide what he wished or didn't wish. He will be judged entirely on his actions and on the evidence provided by the prosecution vs the evidence provided by the defense. 

Much of that is here:

Derek Chauvin trial

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/67286/

I still think they all come back with guilty, 99.99% chance based entirely on the overwhelming evidence.

By TimNew - April 19, 2021, 7:13 a.m.
Like Reply

The prosecution presented emotion and opinion.

The facts in this case heavily favor the defense.