wondering about this pipeline disaster....
1 response | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - May 12, 2021, 8:51 p.m.

something strange is going on, regarding this pipeline disaster..

Pipelines are basically large tubes. Inside these tubes there are pumps and shut-off valves installed at strategic places.

Naturally, these pumps and shut-off valves are electronically connected, so that gas flow can be regulated from a central control station.

However, it is totally IMPOSSIBLE for me (as an engineer) to imagine that these devices were built, solely relying on computers. There must be manual overrides on each and every one of these devices.

As an analogy, I would compare it to commercial airplanes. When you fly United, your pilot can turn on the "auto-pilot" and let the computer fly the plane. However, pilots are needed to take over, at any time. when the need arises.

I couldn't image a reason, why this pipeline can't be opened up manually, right now, if not yesterday. Turn off that computer (that's controlled by the hackers), and get that gas flowing 

what is REALLY going on?

Comments
By bear - May 12, 2021, 9:44 p.m.
Like Reply

very easy to fix this problem.  just make sure the pipeline system is not reliant on computer networks.  

my bees are not connected to the internet.  i don't have to worry about someone in china hacking my hives from their home in china.