Biden problem with alternative energy
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - May 15, 2021, 2:56 a.m.

Assuming Biden can get some sort of spending pkg passed in congress for alternative energy, this will be his 1st major problem

I think his tax plan and spending on alternative energy will be very restricted in both new taxes and the amount spent for alternative projects

The only way private investment will build such projects will be limited to subsidies and guaranteed market  and market prices that make sense for a ROI

This is just the 1st problem that will happen. even if he resorts to ignoring GOP protesting the details of such spending, some Dems will have concerns, all of which isn't going to be a walk in the park, bug spending bill

The next even bigger problem will be location

So far the only supply of alternative energy is wind or solar. Nobody wants nuclear

Canada has nuclear and wind out the wazzu with surplus energy not to mention dirty oil sand crude

The problem with wind or solar is the high density population does not want any such sources of energy in their back yard. State and local gov't is actively fighting zoning laws to prevent such large wind mill or solar farms. Which then boils down to states rights vs federal wishes. My money is one state and local zoning preventing any such projects as the people don't want such large energy factories and surprisingly, most of the resistance is coming from blue states which would give the Dems pause to think of election possibilities

Now if you build in scrub land in the desert then you are a long way from where the energy is needed and the loss of energy with long power lines is unacceptable unless you increase the cost of energy. Also  an unpopular election consideration for the Dems

IMHO the next 4 yrs will see very little actual replacement of fossil fuel as an energy source by % of total energy consumed

There will be too many problems to get significant % of replacement of total energy consumed with wind or solar energy

So for those who think the battle has been lost

Fear not because the talk part is cheap. Actual production of wind or solar will not happen any time soon if ever, at least not by 2035

If anybody thinks alternative energy will largely replace fossil fuel by 2035 then please tell me how this will happen

The only thing that will happen is an increase in energy cost for consumers which in itself is another problem the Dems will own

Between energy cost and the southern border Biden is digging a very deep hole not to mention all the other things Tim posted not so long ago

People like Wx may leave the GOP but when your wallet is affected then people are unhappy and the elected people will be blamed for lost purchasing power, inflation etc.

It's still the economy stupid or your wallet, which ever you choose and the Dems are destroying what ever is in your wallet.

As of now the only thing the Dems have to attract votes is free money. Can the Fed keep a lid on int rates for 4 yrs???

I looked at car and truck financing and many places want approx 5 % for int payments

Comments
By metmike - May 15, 2021, 3:22 a.m.
Like Reply

Yep, this is a big problem  Wayne, you sure are up late....or is it early?

By TimNew - May 15, 2021, 6:27 a.m.
Like Reply

The best and most efficient form of green energy we have is nuclear.  It's tried and true and used all over the world.  I'm not even gonna start the discussion as to why it's so difficult to get a plant going here in the states.  I can't possibly be kind in my explanation.

By metmike - May 15, 2021, 11:37 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

Awesome point!

Nuclear is.............by a very wide margin is the most efficient and cleanest energy source of all. This would be only for electricity of course but electricity is what we need to charge the batteries with our electric vehicles.

So, in essence, we could have many of our cars powered by nuclear energy..................if we wanted.

The technology is very much available and its crazy that its not used because of several items..........the biggest of which is from fear of 2 things.

1. An accident like they had in Japan and

2. Concerns about disposal for the radioactive waste

This would make for a wonderful discussion here.................thanks Tim....and Wayne!

By metmike - May 15, 2021, 11:53 a.m.
Like Reply

It's incredible that disparity of opinions on nuclear.

People evaluating the exact same realm, evaluating all the dynamics, costs and relevant factors have come to 100% complete opposite conclusions and use statistics that are 100% the opposite of each other. 

Suffice it to say that opinions are anything but objective on this and those that oppose it are often the least objective, using emotions to drive a biased interpretation and misrepresentation of the facts.

This is a good topic for us to learn about together. We can evaluate the authentic facts, after  trying to determine what side is providing most of them....or maybe both sides have good points?

Why Nuclear Power Must Be Part of the Energy Solution

By  Richard Rhodes      •             July 19, 2018    

https://e360.yale.edu/features/why-nuclear-power-must-be-part-of-the-energy-solution-environmentalists-climate

The 7 reasons why nuclear energy is not the answer to solve climate change

https://www.leonardodicaprio.org/the-7-reasons-why-nuclear-energy-is-not-the-answer-to-solve-climate-change/

metmike: The 2nd opinion seems very biased from the get go(to me)., especially after I read more about that group but that's just my first impression. I know enough about nuclear energy to recognize at least this much. 

By metmike - May 15, 2021, 11:57 a.m.
Like Reply

This is our competition for nuclear:

Wind/ solar/batteries            

14 responses |    

Started by metmike - May 6, 2021, 9:58 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69028/

By metmike - May 15, 2021, 12:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Here's another little(ok its actually huge) secret that the fake climate crisis people don't want you to know.

Fossil fuels(oil and nat gas) are supposed to run out later this century based on known and projected discoveries(which I think are intentionally grossly underestimated by the energy industry so that they can charge more for something that has limited supplies).

We hear the supposedly green faction screaming that we need to have 0 emissions by the year 2050 to save the planet. The study below, conducted in 2015, estimates that oil will run out in around 2065 and nat gas in around 2068, which are the main sources of fossil fuels in the US. China, being much smarter and basing decisions on authentic facts/realities will be building more coal plants this decade than the US even has in existence.......as we continue to close all of  our coal plants down.  

We have enough coal reserves to last for more than another century.  It's like we are doing the 100% exact opposite needed to ensure future prosperity  and energy security and also the exact opposite that China is doing.................all for a political ideology disguised as a ruse to save the planet.

The point is.......if we are going to run out of fossil fuels, why the emergency to pass legislation and taxes on it now, when the problem will go away without that......on its own?

Answer, exactly because of that. Pretending that there is a crisis that needs immediate attention and this is the only way out............ is exactly what allows them to use it as an EMERGENCY that requires accepting the political ideology/taxes RIGHT NOW. When fossil fuels run out in a few decades............it will be too late to impose the agenda. Got to hurry up and do it now before:

1. Fossil fuels run out.

2. People catch wind of the junk science based on busted models that have been wrong for over 3 decades(they are doubling the actual warming as measured by objective sources). The planet is massively greening up and life is begging for MORE CO2 not less. The optimal level is double this.  The weather/climate has been the best for over 1,000 years. They can't continue to hide this forever by continuing to censor sources that show it. 

There is alot of disagreement and uncertainty on the stat below.

https://group.met.com/fyouture/when-will-fossil-fuels-run-out/68

How many years of fossil fuels are left?