Arizona Election audit. My favorite story so far.
22 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - May 21, 2021, 7:30 p.m.

A great deal of effort has been made to discredit the election audit in Arizona.

"THEY USED BLUE PENS"!!!

"THEY HAVE NO EXPiERIENCE IN ELECTIONS!!!"

And on and on.     But this one is quite telling.

MSM is saying "The audit team backtracks on their cllaim that files had been deleted".

The Audit team statement  was,  "The files had been deleted but we recovered them, so the point is moot".

Now the press is saying..  "The data was always there.  They admitted it".  

And everyone who has no idea how a Disk Operating System (DOS) works nods in gap mouthed agreement. 

But...     When you delete a file on a PC,  or any computer,  the data is not erased.   It is still there.  The directory entry is removed and the data is no longer accessable.  Until it is over written by other data,  or you use Bleach Bit software like Hillary did on her servers,   the data can be recovered by tech geeks quite easily.

So, we don't know what the files contained.   No one has announced that.  

But isn't the massive effort in disinformation interesting?

Comments
By TimNew - May 21, 2021, 8:30 p.m.
Like Reply

And Hillary cackles..  "AMATURES"....

By GunterK - May 21, 2021, 8:51 p.m.
Like Reply

If I understand this story right...... some person, not very familiar with computers, tried to erase data before the data could be audited. This is clearly an attempt to hide something . If there was no fraud, there would be no reason to hide or erase anything.  Erasing the data is election fraud all by itself. Recovering the data does not change the fact that somebody first erased the data... an act of fraud. 

The question now is,.. who recovered the data?? Was it a person who would have an interest to let some of the recovered data disappear?

By metmike - May 21, 2021, 10:56 p.m.
Like Reply

"If I understand this story right....."

Where did you get that version of the story Gunter?

That is not correct.

Arizona GOP's election auditors backtrack on destroyed data claim

Auditors working on behalf of state Senate Republicans admitted Tuesday that data it had accused Maricopa County of deleting had been found.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/company-conducting-arizona-gop-s-election-audit-backtracks-deleted-database-n1267900

Business Insider

Arizona election officials refute Trump's claim of deleted votes: They were found on hard drives that were missed during an initial search.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-recount-auditors-found-files-132219753.html

Arizona auditors now say voter data is intact, after sparking GOP feud

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/18/politics/arizona-republican-audit-database-not-deleted/index.html

Auditors hired by the Arizona state Senate backtracked Tuesday from claims that a key database had been deleted from Maricopa County's elections servers -- admitting in a hearing held by the Senate Republicans overseeing the audit that the data is intact and they'd been looking the wrong way. 

The blunder was the latest embarrassment for state Senate President Karen Fann and the Republicans who sought the audit, which is being overseen by a company called Cyber Ninjas. 

In a letter last week to the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors, Fann wrote -- in claims that have since been proved false -- that "the main database for all election related data" for the 2020 election in Arizona's most populous county "has been removed," and asked the board for an explanation. 

The Twitter account for the Senate's audit went even further, saying: "Maricopa County deleted a directory full of election databases from the 2020 election cycle days before the election equipment was delivered to the audit. This is spoliation of evidence!"

Fact-checking allegations of irregularities in Arizona audit

Former President Donald Trump also seized on Fann's claim of a deleted database, saying in a statement over the weekend: "The entire Database of Maricopa County in Arizona has been DELETED! This is illegal and the Arizona State Senate, who is leading the Forensic Audit, is up in arms."

But, Maricopa County officials explained and auditors acknowledged Tuesday, those conducting the audit had made a technical mistake and the database was never deleted.

Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer, a Republican, and the county's Board of Supervisors -- four of five of whom are Republicans -- responded to the claims with a scathing letter Monday that laid out a series of mistakes auditors had made. Among them: They had not properly reconstructed the RAID storage array used by the county when creating copies of the hard drives, which left them unable to access files that otherwise would have been readily accessible. 

Ben Cotton, the founder of CyFIR, one of the companies involved in the Arizona Senate's audit, said in the closed hearing held by Senate Republicans on Tuesday that the county's explanation was right. 

By metmike - May 21, 2021, 11:01 p.m.
Like Reply

Local GOP slams Arizona ballot audit, calling the recount a "sham"

https://news.yahoo.com/local-gop-slams-arizona-ballot-191849809.html

"The letter also said the audit makes Arizona look like a, quote, "laughing stock" for chasing former President Trump's discredited election fraud claims.

But as more local GOP leaders reject those claims, many voters do not. Some people argue the former president's campaign successfully diminished voters trust in the electoral process. It also laid the foundation for dozens of legislative proposals pushing for more restrictive voting laws. "The New York Times" found lawmakers in at least 33 states cited voter distrust as reasons for backing these bills."

By metmike - May 21, 2021, 11:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Republicans lose patience with Arizona election audit

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/554806-republicans-lose-patience-with-arizona-election-audit

PHOENIX — A growing chorus of Arizona Republicans is calling on the GOP-controlled state Senate to end an audit into Maricopa County’s 2020 election results that is increasingly relying on disproven conspiracy theories to challenge President Biden’s victory here.

The audit, ordered by a state Senate majority that has bought into former President Trump’s big lie about the results of the election he lost handily, is on hold until Monday. It has already dragged on well past the estimated time auditors said it would take to recount the county’s ballots.

But some Republicans say they hope it does not continue after embarrassing revelations that supposedly bombshell allegations by auditors who have perpetuated Trump’s lies were in fact errors made by the auditors themselves.

“I think they should maybe just call it quits. I don’t think that it’s going to serve any purpose. It’s not going to change the election,” former Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R), who has administered elections when she served as secretary of state, said this week on "The Gaydos and Chad Show." “The votes have been certified. Biden is the president. It’s not changing. I say move on.”

In the latest salvo, the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors urged Senate President Karen Fann (R) to end the recount after what they termed “false” and “defamatory” statements.

The Republican Senate majority last week accused the county of deleting a directory of computer files. Trump cited the accusation twice in statements from his political action committee. The Florida-based firm overseeing the audit, Cyber Ninjas, is led by a businessman who spread Trump’s election lies after November.

Auditors later walked back that accusation after the Board of Supervisors issued a blistering letter illustrating exactly where the files were, and accusing the Senate of “a serious lack of understanding of election law.”

“We express our united view that your ‘audit,’ no matter what your intentions were in the beginning, has become a spectacle that is harming all of us. Our state has become a laughingstock. Worse, this ‘audit’ is encouraging our citizens to distrust elections, which weakens our democratic republic,” the supervisors wrote.

Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer (R), who won the job overseeing county elections in November, called the auditor’s false claims “unhinged.”

“We can’t indulge these insane lies any longer. As a party. As a state. As a country,” Richer wrote on Twitter, citing Trump’s statements.

Even one of the Republicans who initially backed the audit has now changed his mind. In an interview Thursday, just blocks from the coliseum where the audit is scheduled to resume Monday, state Sen. Paul Boyer (R) told The Hill he believed the audit had become an albatross for his party.

“Who wouldn’t support an audit? But the way they’re doing it, it’s embarrassing,” Boyer said. “It makes me embarrassed to be a state senator at this point.”

By metmike - May 21, 2021, 11:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Maybe this is why you got the facts completely wrong.

Election Fraud has Already Been Proven by Arizona Recount Says Respected Auditor

· 

May 14, 2021

The Alex Jones Show

The Alex Jones Show

https://cantcensortruth.com/watch?id=609ef3d1ffc2502c1a0d6fe8

The Alex Jones Show to break down the state of the Maricopa County vote audit, and how the mounting evidence points to voter fraud.

By metmike - May 21, 2021, 11:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Everything You Need to Know About the Cyber Ninja Clown Car That's Crashing Through Arizona

https://gizmodo.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-cyber-ninja-clown-1846930178

By metmike - May 21, 2021, 11:30 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - May 21, 2021, 11:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Just a needed reminder that I have always been about finding legit fraud.

In fact, showing 10 times more legit fraud than everybody else combined here.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/67047/#67106

We are just seeing more evidence with this latest situation, that this really was the most secure election in recent years. .....and the real fraud has repeatedly been shown to be coming from the ones making the allegations of election fraud.

I will continue to be open for any news about legit fraud but we are well over 5 months after the 2020 election.

If I have missed something, you are always encouraged strongly to correct me.

By GunterK - May 21, 2021, 11:41 p.m.
Like Reply

sorry... apparently I misunderstood the story

By metmike - May 21, 2021, 11:46 p.m.
Like Reply

No problem Gunter. You should always bring it up here and I promise you that I will support it if its true and show the facts/evidence if it isn't without regard to any politics.

I am actually more of a fact checker than a moderator at times.

By TimNew - May 22, 2021, 6:39 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks MM.  There are lots of sources out there for the misinformation on this, and you have provided several.

But no where, and at no time, did any member of the audit team say "Sorry,  we were wrong".  What they said was "We have recovered the data, so the point is moot". MSM is running with that and saying "See,  the data was there the whole time. These guys are incpmpentent".

Please refer to my explanation in the OP.

By metmike - May 22, 2021, 10:22 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim!

I read your points loud and clear. 

By jmk - May 22, 2021, 1:56 p.m.
Like Reply

I was always confused on what exactly the audit was about. If its the fact that Biden got more votes than Trump I believe he did. If they are drilling down on how many of the votes were cast by people legaly able to vote then I am all for the audit. Even if the results wouldn't change the election. We need  to know how many were illegal votes,and work to change that occurring. If its about elctronic voting fraud then we need to go back to paper ballots.

By TimNew - May 22, 2021, 7:10 p.m.
Like Reply

And the unmitigated BS continues.   Now they are saying the voting kiosks will need to be replaced as they are "compromised" by the audit.   Folks..   These are cpmputers.   Worst case,  you reformat the disks.  If they somehow installed some new nefarious chips,  a simple program can be run to chart a schematic drawing of the mother board.

This is another of many attempts to create OUTRGAGE!!

What possible reason could they have to lie about this?  What's the motivation?

This must be how MM feels when he reads about the propaganda surrounding "Climate Crisis".

Voting Machines in Arizona Recount Should Be Replaced, Election Official Says - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

By TimNew - May 22, 2021, 8:36 p.m.
Like Reply

JMK,   People like me are working to make voting easy and secure.    LIberals are arguing that we can't have both.

We need both.  We need to count every legitimate vote. And we need every legitimate voter to vote.

It's really that simple.

By metmike - May 23, 2021, 1:29 p.m.
Like Reply

"This must be how MM feels when he reads about the propaganda surrounding "Climate Crisis".

Yes, this is what defines out world today Tim. 

2 sides that hate each other and will resort to manufactured realities in order to depict themselves as the altruistic good guys, trying to save the planet or save the integrity/honestly of elections and the other side as evil, trying to sabotage their efforts.

All I can do is post the AUTHENTIC facts.  Only 1 side will agree because in realms like this, defining politics today, each side is only able to see one side.........their side.

Doesn't matter how wrong they are or how much overwhelming evidence there is to lopsidely prove one side is right.............the other side will never........ NEVER EVER change their minds. 

By metmike - May 23, 2021, 1:36 p.m.
Like Reply

metmike: These facts speak for themselves. They come from legit(not left) news sources.

Experts or 'Grifters'? Little-Known Firm Runs Arizona Audit

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2021-05-23/experts-or-grifters-little-known-firm-runs-arizona-audit

Republicans lose patience with Arizona election audit

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/554806-republicans-lose-patience-with-arizona-election-audit?rl=1

By metmike - May 23, 2021, 1:37 p.m.
Like Reply

Arizona Election Audit to Resume Amid GOP Infighting  

Republican-majority county board says the audit ordered by Senate Republican leaders is a mismanaged ‘spectacle,’ while supporters say the audit will address election questions

https://www.wsj.com/articles/arizona-election-audit-to-resume-amid-gop-infighting-11621785600

By metmike - May 23, 2021, 2:01 p.m.
Like Reply

I decided to do a little detective work on my own and not just post links to legit sources.

The evidence below, proves that the owner of the firm doing this audit is a  biased, conspiracy theorist whack job.........based on numerous crazy theories of his that were proven false. 

IN ADDITION to that fact which should have disqualified them, it's crystal clear his group is under trained and very mistake prone..........and they are actually making a very strong case.............for the other side!

Arizona audit leader Doug Logan wrote fraud claims on 'kraken' lawyer's website

Posted Apr 9, 2021, 12:41 pm

Jeremy DudaArizona Mirror

http://www.tucsonsentinel.com/local/report/040921_audit_logan_kraken/arizona-audit-leader-doug-logan-wrote-fraud-claims-kraken-lawyers-website/

By TimNew - May 23, 2021, 7:38 p.m.
Like Reply

So,  are you buying the idea that voting machines can never be trusted again since a "Biased  group" has tainted them?

Then you are admitting you have no idea how computers work. And that's fine.

But, using arguments about the credibility of the parties involved has no bearing on the fact that the machines can be completely reformatted and look/work like they did the day they left the factory. Assuming they've been "
tainted".

And the fact that these lies are being fed to people who don't know better does not change the fact that they are preposterous nonsense.   

Much like the climate crisis lies you often dispute.

By metmike - May 24, 2021, 11:36 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

I'm sure that both sides are saying some extreme things that are not backed up with 100% evidence and their flocks believe every word of it because........that's how it is in politics.

We've accepted it being presented in that manner too. ........because after awhile, all you need to do is to  repeat lies and they are as good as the truth.

So why limit discussions to the truth or authentic facts when manufactured realities, false narratives and lies work just as well?

That would be a rhetorical question.

Many people on both sides can no longer tell the difference (between the truth and the lie) and have become reliant on their favorite sources..........telling them the news just like they like to hear/read it to do it for them.