Vaccination certificate
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - May 23, 2021, 9:35 a.m.

Do you think that by end of 2021 people will be required to show proof of vaccination to enter stores, travel or any thing in public places 

We had a family card game at our house last night and my grand son and girl friend are hesitant to be vaccinated, for good reason. They want a chance of having a healthy family at least as what would normally happen given there is always a risk. But they do not want to increase the risk with an unknown risk by vaccination

My advice was, even though they want to get on an airplane this winter, also attend the Farm Show and maybe Las Vegas as they are now old enough to play the tables, much is waiting to pick and choose from

I said I think the current push is the carrot to get as many vaccinated as possible but by yrs end there will be no need to show proof of vaccination

What do you think

Comments
By metmike - May 26, 2021, 10:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,

This was a wonderful topic for you to start to get a great conversation going. I'm sorry that nobody was interested. I have only so much time in the day but will just add some additional information under your thread and sort of hijack it to combine both topics........if you don't mind.

On your topic specifically, I think that alot of people who have been vaccinated will not have the proof readily available. I got a card that I think is still in my wallet but many folks may have discarded that or don't have it with them.

They would need to go to the medical authorities with public records to get a copy. I actually like the idea in theory because vaccines are so dang effective and many people......millions have been misled to think otherwise. 

They have a right to make all decisions related to their own bodies but in some situations, when they present a risk to others by disregarding safeguards, we need to address that. 

I have a right to increase my own risk of getting COVID but I don't have a right to increase the risk to others. Enough people disregarding the risk to others in a realm like this, by not getting vaccinated and it will cause society as a whole to be unable to reach herd immunity. 

Society is made up of people that must work together, which includes making sacrifices that are in the best interest of everybody...........even if it requires you to do something you don't want to do.

Some people will say its a violation of their freedoms and right to choose, maybe even based on the Constitution. 

Sometimes, regardless of whether you have a legal right to do or not do something........YOU JUST HAVE TO DO THE RIGHT THING even it it means making a very small sacrifice.

There are 329 million people in this country but the same principle would apply to Canada too Wayne.

John Kennedy said once, with a very famous quote:

Don't ask what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.

With Memorical Day right around the corner, think about this. Think about the many millions of  those men and women,  fighting for our freedoms and giving everything..........their lives! 

Is this what they died for? So that you could refuse to get vaccinated?

Or, should we think of it this way. If they can give their lives so that all Americans can have a better life.......why can't we get vaccinated, a tiny inconvenience, so that all Americans can have a better life?

By metmike - May 26, 2021, 10:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Here's the other related topic that I was referring to earlier.

Gunter will like this. The article is pay walled so I can't get all of it but the title is enough.

Over 10,000 COVID-19 Infections Recorded in Americans Who Received a Vaccine: CDC

160 patients were reported dead                                            

Updated: May 26, 2021                        

More than 10,000 COVID-19 infections among people who are fully vaccinated against the disease have been reported to a U.S. health agency by states.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/over-10000-infections-recorded-in-americans-who-received-a-covid-19-vaccine-cdc_3831559.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-05-26-3&mktids=75bab0ae55d9e68ff89e08c04b3dfe74&est=SJ8OrNgfBZ67ekzs%2F8LJuUjkT4YsOUSG6GEZnTPPrFm9DfNfo62YubVE6BbriA%3D%3D

metmike: This is actually very expected. 

By WxFollower - May 26, 2021, 10:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Just like I like requiring ID for voting, I like the idea of requiring a vacc cert to be able to go wherever.

By TimNew - May 27, 2021, 3:17 a.m.
Like Reply

Setting aside the 98+% survivability rate, If you aren't vaccinated, wearing an n-95 mask, and are among people who are vaccinated,  what is the risk?

By metmike - May 27, 2021, 12:37 p.m.
Like Reply

"If you aren't vaccinated, wearing an n-95 mask, and are among people who are vaccinated,  what is the risk?"

But that's the point Tim. If too many people refuse to get vaccinated, then you won't be surrounded by only people that were vaccinated.

When you are surrounded by people that had COVID or got vaccinated..............we call that herd immunity. 

You need something like 75-80% of the population to have some sort of effective immunity for this to happen..........which could be more or less than that.

That's the objective here. 

However, I see your point. If we have 90% of people vaccinated, then why does there need to be proof anymore? 

There might not be enough people not vaccinated to spread it with any gusto.

By wglassfo - May 27, 2021, 12:53 p.m.
Like Reply

If I am vaccinated but surrounded with many unvaccinated, what is my worry

Either my vaccination protects me to what ever degree it was intended or my vaccination is useless

1 or 10 or 10,000 unvaccinated people should not make my vaccination useless, unless me getting vaccinated was useless

Put another way:

My vaccination is my personal bubble of protection

What do I care what my grand son decides

His is his personal choice and does not affect me and my bubble of protection

By metmike - May 27, 2021, 12:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Absolutely Wayne!

By GunterK - May 27, 2021, 1:18 p.m.
Like Reply

Dr Makary, a professor of Johns Hopkins was recently interviewed on Fox.

He did not say anything negative about the Covid vaccines, but he criticized the CDC for ignoring “natural immunity”

According to him, more than half of the US population has developed “natural immunity”. He said that there are more data on natural immunity than on vaccinated immunity.

If you already have been infected (without serious consequences), go ahead and live a normal life, he said.

Unvaccinated people should continue to use precautions.

However, he said, we have to respect people who don’t want to get vaccinated, rather than demonizing them.

By metmike - May 27, 2021, 1:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter!