How long until Iran has a nuclear weapon?
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - June 7, 2021, 1:52 p.m.

UN Nuclear Watchdog Urges Iran to Explain Particle Traces at Undeclared Sites

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/202106071083094344-un-nuclear-watchdog-urges-iran-to-explain-particle-traces-at-undeclared-sites/?utm_source=push&utm_medium=browser_notification&utm_campaign=sputnik_inter_en

metmike: The question is not IF Iran gets nuclear weapons but when/how long.

Unlike other countries with nuclear weapons, Iran is likely to use them on their enemies.

Comments
By TimNew - June 7, 2021, 2:14 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm not so sure Iran would be eager to use nukes.    They are devoted,  but not suicidal as a  nation.

But I would not be at all surprised if Iranian nukes ended up in the hands of terrorists,  and they certainly have been known to have suicidal tendencies.

By metmike - June 7, 2021, 10:59 p.m.
Like Reply

I think that you're right Tim. That was silly for me to say that.

Iran might just use the nuclear weapons  to threaten their enemies. 

However, if they got into a war with Israel they might do it?

But that doesn't look likely for awhile at least........or does it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Israel_relations

After the 1979 Islamic Revolution, Iran severed all diplomatic and commercial ties with Israel, and its theocratic government does not recognize the legitimacy of Israel as a state. The turn from cold peace to open hostility began in the early 1990s, shortly after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the defeat of Iraq in the Gulf War, after which relative power in the Middle East shifted towards Iran and Israel. The conflict escalated in the early 1990s, as Yitzhak Rabin's government adopted a more aggressive posture on Iran.[3] Rhetorical conflict heated up during the presidency of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who made inflammatory statements against Israel. Other factors that have contributed to the escalation of bilateral tensions include Iran's development of nuclear technology relative to Israel's long-stated Begin Doctrine, Iran's funding of Islamist groups such as Hezbollah, Palestinian Islamic Jihad and Hamas, as well as alleged involvement in terrorist attacks such as the 1992 attack on Israeli embassy in Buenos Aires and the 1994 AMIA bombing, and Israel's alleged support for militant groups such as the People's Mujahedin of Iran and Jundallah as well as alleged covert Israeli operations in Iran including mass assassinations and bombings.[4] Since 1985, Iran and Israel have been engaged in an ongoing proxy conflict that has greatly affected the geopolitics of the Middle East, and has included direct military confrontations between Iranian and Israeli organizations, such as in the 2006 Lebanon War.

By metmike - June 7, 2021, 11:02 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - June 7, 2021, 11:11 p.m.
Like Reply

The US has had more wars than Iran.

I just learned from doing this research that our war with Afghanistan broke the record for longest US war, nudging out the Vietnam War.

Man, it's pretty mind boggling to think of all the entirely negative aspects(and the whopper amounts of damage to both sides) compared to almost nothing positive....for many wars.

World War 2 of course was needed because of a few mad men on one side that had to be obliterated...........and we just celebrated D-Day yesterday!

Humans, specifically some top male military leaders and politicians are messed up people that lack the proper amount of respect and responsibility for human life that should be required for people that make war making decisions. 

Lengths of U.S. combat forces' participation in wars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_lengths_of_United_States_participation_in_wars