vaccination with 2nd booster shot did me no good
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - June 18, 2021, 12:39 p.m.

Perhaps you have some states that are different than our country. If so then good for you

I have been vaccinated with a booster shot and life is no different for me

I might as well have forgotten the whole exercise

I still have to wear a mask when inside any place. I still stay 6' distant. I am treated the same as a person with no vaccination

Canada has some lessons to learn. If Canada wants people vaccinated then give me a break and let me throw my mask away

It is the law I am told. Well golly gee. Why would those not vaccinated be vaccinated if we are all treated the same

Just my rant at how stupid our country and gate keeper officials can be, some times

Either the vaccination works and protects or it doesn't

Which is it???

I was surprised at the number of people who don't feel safe with out a mask. And most have a cloth mask, if you can believe it

About the only thing we seem to want is back to school so parents have baby sitting, and open the border so we can find a warmer climate

We have farm machine parts we want to see up close and pick up plus some lawn furniture we want to see up close. Yes we would also like a warmer climate this winter, but we need some other things you folks make, that we don't make, which means the border closure is not good for us

Comments
By metmike - June 18, 2021, 2:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Great points Wayne,

I know several people from Canada that are extremely frustrated with how strict your COVID restrictions are.

One, from Toronto, has a mother with a severe heart attack and only days to live in Nova Scotia and isn't allowed to visit her. Hasn't been allowed to see her for a year.

What is sad around here is that the almost worthless cloth mask mandate was lifted over a month ago.

Many places still require it and many people still wear the masks even though they don't have to.

Brainwashed with anti science by  people that should know better. I feel bad for people that continue to wear the cloth masks, especially after being vaccinated, thinking the masks are protecting them.

Rand Paul obliterates Fauci's junk science"theatre"            

Started by metmike - March 18, 2021, 1:44 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/66803/

May 10: Who remembers this intentional hogwash they fed us back in late January?

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69186/#69201

No longer need masks outdoors soon            

Started by metmike - April 27, 2021, 1:41 a.m.        

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68571/

Get N95 masks ASAP! Here's the truth.            

35 responses |            

Started by metmike - Dec. 21, 2020, 7:27 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/63115/

Covering up massive COVID being spread from protests-8/8 update below            

29 responses |                

Started by metmike - July 30, 2020, 7:28 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/57070/

By mcfarm - June 18, 2021, 6:12 p.m.
Like Reply

wife and I both {after much thought and consultation and trepidation] took the phizer shot. She is  fed employee and figured they would force her anyway. I am a stupid farmer and do not trust  the science of a huge experiment on vaccines and the gov saying "sure its fine, go head. go ahead"....Also strongly believe herd immunity is the way to go, not locking down the healthy portion of the population. At any rate since the vac both of us have been overly tired to the point of dragging. I got thru planting on adrenaline but since then its been worse. 93 here today and doing hay and came in just now after doing what I have been for decades but do not feel like even taking a shower.

By metmike - June 18, 2021, 8:37 p.m.
Like Reply

"I am a stupid farmer and do not trust  the science of a huge experiment on vaccines and the gov saying "sure its fine, go head. go ahead"....Also strongly believe herd immunity is the way to go, not locking down the healthy portion of the population."

Thanks mcfarm,

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.

I'm actually a scientist(atmospheric) for the last 40 years and can tell you with 100% confidence that getting vaccinated was the right thing to do. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. The chances that the vaccination caused that, if it's been more than 2 months are almost nonexistent but not impossible.

You are 10,000 times more likely to get really sick or die from COVID than you are from the vaccine. Yes, most people feel crummy the day after the 2nd shot but thats usually the worst of it. Feel bad for a day........be protected for years.

mcfarm,

If we had not locked down and relied on herd immunity only, many millions would likely have died and it would have happened really fast, completely overwhelming the healthcare system and society.

Why do I think that? To get herd immunity, you have to get COVID. So lets say, that instead of vaccinating 250 million people(out of 330 million) to get herd immunity, we instead had them all actually get COVID really fast. 1% deaths of 250 million would be 2.5 million deaths real fast and tens of millions that needed hospitalization..way more than there are hospital beds. 

You can believe the anti vax, anti government, conspiracy theory crapola if you want but that is the rock solid science from an honest, objective scientist.

Been thru this before with Gunter and said all there is to be said then in detail:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/70091/#70097

In case these 2 are not on the other link:

Safety of vaccines:

Vaccines, how do they work/why are people skeptical?            

Started by metmike - Dec. 20, 2020, 11:55 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/63066/

Vaccinated people getting COVID            

tarted by metmike - April 7, 2021, 3:07 p.m.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/67591/

mcfarm,

I am not just telling you what other sources are telling me or what I read. I investigated the authentic science and used data and dozens of studies and considered all theories and positions with an open mind. 

By metmike - June 18, 2021, 8:40 p.m.
Like Reply

One side has decided that Fauci is evil and anything that he ever said was bad, so now, they won't believe in authentic science that he represented much of the time because he got caught lying a few times.

Trump got caught lying hundreds of times at least but you still believed him.

By mcfarm - June 18, 2021, 8:57 p.m.
Like Reply

I can only hope you are right about the vacs. Seems to me it will be years before science can verify if it was wise or some horrible unexpected result comes. We were in fact part of an admitted large medical study. And whatever happened to Fauci he ask for, the same as Trump. To me they are both gone although Fauci the TV/rockstar; leader who never followed his own rules/ is still collecting the largest salary in the government and has now written a book because why? Well he does not enjoy the publicity of course. I have watched the good Doc Rand from Kentucky make Fauci look like the fool he is and now we have tons of info on the Wuhon lab and Fauci is still getting paid. I warned you all about Fauci after I read what his record was during the early years of aids and he did not disappoint, he is corrupt as it gets.

By metmike - June 19, 2021, 12:53 p.m.
Like Reply

I agree that we were told tons of things that are not true or are misleading with COVID as evidenced with the threads/links above.

"Seems to me it will be years before science can verify if it was wise or some horrible unexpected result comes"

No mcfarm, it won't be.

Over 2 billion people have received the vaccine over the past 7 months. By far many more than any other vaccine. There is no solid scientific reasoning for why unknown affects would happen years from now........speculation from fear mongers trying to scare us .........yes but not based on authentic science.

Fortunately, your pal Gunter feels the exact same way and I did the research already for him and can share it with you.......again.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/70259/#70280

You guys are always encouraged to show evidence to contradict the overwhelming, proven science, now standing solidly on a massive data base. If it's authentic and based on scientific principles, I promise you that I will do my best to recognize it as such.

But there should be a point in time when everybody/anybody that believes something, when faced with 100 times more powerful information to contradict what they think that they know...........should change their mind...............if they are/were ever capable of changing their minds, that is.

By mcfarm - June 19, 2021, 2:02 p.m.
Like Reply

all that is true MM. but you know as well as me, science of tomorrow may go an entirely different direction and the science of today could turn out to be totally wrong.

By metmike - June 19, 2021, 4:41 p.m.
Like Reply

"but you know as well as me, science of tomorrow may go an entirely different direction and the science of today could turn out to be totally wrong."

There is actually truth to that in many scientific realms.

So much, that it's worth creating an entirely new thread about.

Thanks mcfarm!

By bear - June 28, 2021, 1:55 a.m.
Like Reply

sorry your not feeling well.  so, what is wrong with canada?  why are they so willing to accept fascism?  

our local leaders here  said to just use your own common sense.  so no strict mask mandate.  it is left up to the owner of the establishment.  you walk into the auto parts place, and no one was wearing a mask.  but down the street, at the small grocery outlet, they were more strict.  and next door, the convenient store never enforced anything.  

so anyway, locally, nothing was strictly enforced,... only if the owner wanted to enforce something.  

i'm glad we had some common sense leaders.  and we had NO problem.  there was no more covid spreading here than what you found anywhere else.  in fact there was less issue with covid.