Coffee
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - June 29, 2021, 12:35 a.m.

Comments
Re: Coffee
0 likes
By metmike - June 29, 2021, 12:39 a.m.
Like Reply

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quotes/KC*0/futures-prices

Arabica Coffee Closes at a 2-Week High on Forecasts for Frost to Hit Brazil's Coffee Crops     Barchart - Mon Jun 28, 1:46PM CDT

Sep arabica coffee (KCU21) on Monday closed up +4.90 (+3.11%), and Sep ICE Robusta coffee (RMU21) closed up +32 (+1.91%).

Coffee prices on Monday rallied sharply, with arabica at a 2-week high on crop concerns in Brazil after Somar Meteorologia on Monday said that frost might reach Brazil's coffee crop starting Wednesday.

Robusta coffee prices rallied to a 2-1/2 year nearest-futures high last Friday on concern about reduced robusta coffee supplies from Vietnam, the world's largest robusta producer.  A lack of shipping containers in Asia has limited Vietnam's robusta exports.  Vietnam's General Statistics Office reported Jun 17 that Vietnam's Jan-May coffee exports fell -12% y/y to 715,263 MT.  

Strength in the Brazilian real (^USDBRL) is also supportive of coffee prices.  The real rallied to a 1-year high against the dollar on Friday, which discourages export-selling from Brazil's coffee producers.

Arabica coffee earlier this month rallied to a 4-1/2 year hig...  Read more  

Re: Re: Coffee
0 likes
By Jim_M - June 29, 2021, 6:47 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Mike!  I’m going to go buy myself breakfast with the money I made the last couple days and enjoy a nice couple cups of Joe.  :)

By tjc - June 29, 2021, 9:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Recall in my grain comment that I thought coffee might be the best of all

By metmike - June 29, 2021, noon
Like Reply

Yes,

I've not been able to follow as close as usual because of having 3 different medical procedures yesterday and today. The next one is shortly.

By Jim_M - June 29, 2021, 1:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Still working on that bicep or are you having other work done?  I believe it was a bicep tear if my memory serves me correctly

By metmike - June 30, 2021, 11:43 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Jim. Good memory.

The biceps tendon rupture repair was successful in Feb and is almost completely healed.

This is related to several other issues, including the doctors/medical people failing to properly perform a couple of tests because of incompetence and a totally wrong diagnosis.

Nightmare and dragged in my son and wife who stayed the entire time, worried sick(even though I told them the doctor was full of crap).

I'm getting the medical reports from medical records later today and we'll go from there but still, need the colonoscopy that the same doctor was unable to perform on Monday, then again Tuesday because apparently, clearly.........his skills are very sub par.

By Jim_M - June 30, 2021, 4:13 p.m.
Like Reply

If someone is going to be messing around back there, you want them to be the best!  You probably learned this from your experiences with your Dad, I know I learned from dealing with my Dad, it's good to have a health surrogate with you.  

By metmike - June 30, 2021, 4:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Dad was the most assertive person I ever knew. Learned more from him than anybody.

Hes still alive and well at 95 but is now a sweet  pussy cat. 

By Jim_M - June 30, 2021, 4:45 p.m.
Like Reply

My Dad was an Italian immigrant.  He had a stroke and had trouble speaking clearly on top of his already thick accent.  His Doctor in Florida was also an immigrant so conversations between the two were chaotic.  My Mom wasn't real assertive and wouldn't correct the Doctor if he made some assumptions that were incorrect.  I often wondered what went on when I (or brother and sister) wasn't there.  

By metmike - July 1, 2021, 12:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Yesterday's report:

https://www.barchart.com/futures/quotes/KC*0/futures-prices

metmike:The cold threat, that never seemed quite extreme enough to me to cause major damage(though is was close and good for a nice upward pop) because it didn't push far enough north, has passed. So KC is down sharply on Thursday.

Admittedly, I've not been able to follow it as closely as usual.