In Detroit the rest of the week helping Dad
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - July 5, 2021, 12:16 p.m.

My 95 year old Dad is having some colon issues(nothing too major) and is in the hospital, so I'll be in Detroit the rest of the week and busy helping him, with minimal posting.

Comments
By mcfarmer - July 5, 2021, 12:25 p.m.
Like Reply

I’ve been through similar with both parents.

Those 2am phone rings will certainly wake  a person up.

By GunterK - July 5, 2021, 1:11 p.m.
Like Reply

I am glad you are doing this

By metmike - July 6, 2021, 9:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, Dad's body may not have too many days left.

Even if he recovers from what would not be a major problem for most people, he may not be far away from hospice and we are concerned that he needs more care than his assisted living facility can provide him,  where he has been staying for the last 3 years.

I have a sister that still lives in Detroit that keeps an eye on him much of the time, even while at the assisted living facility.

The plan now is that my sister in North Dakota will be here for a week after I leave at the end of this week.

Then my sister from Alaska will come for 2 weeks. Then I will come back for 2 weeks and we'll be halfway thru August. We should also be able to get somebody to give him physical rehab during that time.

I actually gave him 10 different exercises to do 5 years ago, which he has been doing every day during that time and it probably helped to  keep him going. 

By the end of August he may be recovered as much as he can recover.

By mcfarmer - July 6, 2021, 10:34 p.m.
Like Reply

It’s tough. The best you can hope for is years from now you will be content knowing you did all you could.

By metmike - July 6, 2021, 11:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Exactly right mcfarmer!

By hayman - July 7, 2021, 1:49 p.m.
Like Reply

By mcfarmer - July 7, 2021, 2:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Hayman, congratulations on your apparent success. I wish you much more good news to come.

I have a feeling you will be an excellent contributor to the discussions, feel free to contribute as you like.

By GunterK - July 7, 2021, 3:23 p.m.
Like Reply

wow, hayman.

That's a big load of important and inspirational information. Thanks a million for sharing this. And best wishes for your continued success in healing.

By metmike - July 8, 2021, 10:08 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much hayman!

It's wonderful to hear that you're doing so well!

"If there is anything I can contribute regards naturopathic advice substantiated with current research papers documenting authentic findings, please let me know.  With both my cancer and Covid, I've combed the Universe and become well versed in topics that i never expected to be."

We greatly look forward to you sharing this with us!!!

I've enjoyed doing tons of medical research myself having ankylosing spodylilitis. Every time I or somebody close to me has a new medical issue, I tell my wife jokingly "wonderful, now I can learn more about the human anatomy (-:

Dad was discharged from the hospital but is very weak and confused so I may stay another week to assist him. I have a sister coming is from North Dakota tonight but I may stay to assist her in assisting him. 

By cutworm - July 8, 2021, 1:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Good to hear from you Hayman! Please share your findings here on Market Forum

By metmike - July 10, 2021, 11:44 a.m.
Like Reply

I'll be in Detroit with my almost 96 year old dad for another week.