Just now much more division does the N FL want
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - July 16, 2021, 11:09 a.m.

Here ya go, Starting this fall the NFL proudly announces it will play the black national anthem before games. I am a simple rural person but find this odd, After the last fiasco and then alienation of over a third of their audience the NFL wants to dive right back in to the race nonsense/political bullcrap and alienate another third. Seems counter productive and divisive but wow just how wok can a sports league get.

And the fans who spend billions to support multimillionaire players, owners and commissoners, screw those dumb idiots who live in flyover country and just want to watch a damn football game, be entertained and forget about all the other crap for a couple hours.

By the way the commissioner idiot in charge only pulls in 44 million/year.

Here's to hoping they are all out of work soon.

Kind of thought we had a national anthem that spoke for all Americans already.

Comments
By metmike - July 19, 2021, 10:51 p.m.
Like Reply

Great topic mcfarm.......thanks! We should discuss this more. What do others think?

NFL to use black national anthem at big events again this season

https://nypost.com/2021/07/16/nfl-to-use-black-national-anthem-at-big-events-this-season/

metmike: This is actually a beautiful song if you just listen to it to hear it with no bias about how its being used.

My question is how much positive impact will this have?

This sure appears to be just more virtue signaling, unless I'm unaware of the NFL donating billions of dollars and getting involved in the cause that would actually make a difference that I state below at that link.

Since the NFL is 70% black players, I totally get this. It could never happen in the NHL for instance which has almost not blacks.

The players themselves should have a say in this...........probably.

However, they are high paid entertainers and MANY think that politics expressed as part of a sporting event, is not appropriate because  MANY want to watch it in order to escape politics. MANY as in the majority actually and the spectators are the ones paying to finance the sport.

State of the Black NFL Fan

NFL fans and the racial divide

New poll reveals deep split over national anthem protests and Rooney Rule

https://theundefeated.com/features/state-of-the-black-nfl-fan-the-racial-divide-fracturing-the-league/

"Do you support or oppose NFL players who kneel during the national anthem to protest police brutality and economic inequality?"

61% of whites are opposed or strongly opposed to this. The vast majority of spectators are white so this means that close to half of fans are opposed or strongly opposed.

Here is the problem with that.  In almost every realm, when you try to force something on somebody that is opposed or strongly opposed to it, in almost every case it has the  exact opposite effect.  In a some cases, they will get used to it or not pay much attention after awhile but it would be like asking republicans to support Biden's politics. It will never happen. This IS politics from the left. Knowing how divisive politics is in America today, what % of republicans, do you think watching this leftist based agenda becoming part of their cherished football games will embrace it?

How about near ZERO and it will actually have the opposite affect for that huge faction of people. It will just tick them off and make them reject the message because they see a political message from the left messing up part of their game.  How many do you think, that are not already embracing the message, will be converted? Also close to ZERO.  

So its virtue signaling to pacify players and look good. 

And the biggest problem right now is that this message started with taking a knee as a protest to cops, which is a huge problem to many clear thinking objective people. Those violent riots last Summer and all the vilifying of cops and the defund the police message..........when the truth is that cops are the only ones in society risking their lives every day to make high crime black neighborhoods safe for blacks..........to save black lives and instead of being appreciated, we take a legit problem with cops,  that is a tiny fraction of the reason for black issues and blame cops entirely for everything and then do the exact opposite of assisting cops to help blacks. That's truly a messed up message man.  

If we started all over and never had the take a knee protesting against cops and sold this as just a way to lift up the idea of progress for blacks and unite all races, while doing it.........then I would really be for it.

Too late for that. The damage has been done on the way this evolved. 

By metmike - July 19, 2021, 11:14 p.m.
Like Reply

Playing a song at football game isn't going to result in strengthening the black family unit and better assisting young blacks at risk as they grow up. Helping with black education. Providing better training and more jobs in these communities.

This is what is needed.

These gifted football players are idols for young people.  Their biggest impact can be to go to inner city schools and speak to high risk young people. Give them good advice, then follow it up with more than a speech. A role model like this could change several lives. 

Invest some of their massive money in after school programs. They have much of the year off. 

During the off year, if they really care, spend alot of time running a program. Words are good but actions count most.

Walk the walk. 

70% of the NFL are black men.

Lack of black men as role models for at risk black youth is, by a wide margin the #1 problem for blacks right now.

The NFL is loaded with potential black role models that are almost like super heros for young black men. That is what blacks need the most. 

The NBA has tons of black super hero's too. ...as well as MLB. Imagine the powerful impact that they could have if just a few of them were committed to sending out a positive, year long message in each major city in the country?

That's the sort of thing that could make the world a better place and if done with gusto, in all major sports, have the potential to positively impact millions of black youth around the country.

There are tons of black entertainers too that could add to it. 

So what's stopping them? I know that it would work. It would take time and be gradual but would absolutely work 10,000 times more effective at lifting up blacks than making cops accountable(which also needs to be done).

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/72372/#72402

By 7475 - July 20, 2021, 6:34 a.m.
Like Reply

This, in my opinion, predominately stages black against white.

The anthem builds more animosities then it does bridges.

We need more bridges.

John

Edit: I wanted to emphasis the "staging" will be black against white-not white against black. It encourages black to be an aggressor.