Being "woke" is great !!!
1 response | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - July 17, 2021, 1:04 a.m.

Please hand me another bottle of wine…. Oh sorry… I was talking to someone else

Being woke is great. The People are finally waking up! Not only are all the confederate statues being removed, but we are also going after the Founding Fathers, and even some Abolishionists. Hey, those guys were racists. Down with their statues… and, for heavens sake, lets change the names of all those schools, streets, cities etc etc.

Washington DC??? Name needs to be changed. How about Floyd, D.C.?  Has a more modern ring.

The UK is a whole lot more woke than the US. For quite a while, they have been toppling the statues of all those important people of the British Empire. Even Winston Churchill is no longer in vogue.

Here is a good one…

After toppling all those statues, they are now going to erect a statue of Chilembwe. This guy was a pastor and teacher in Malawi (then a colony of the British Empire.), during the early 20th Century. He turned activist and started a violent revolt against the colonizers.

He decapitated a bunch of them

A British colonizer named Livingstone was beheaded in front of his own children and Chilembwe subsequently displayed his impaled head on a spike during church service.

What a guy! Great church service, I am sure.

Well, as I said, they are going to erect a statue of him in Trafalgar Square.

London’s mayor Sadiq. Khan praised this project, saying it served to “reflect London’s achievements and diversity.”

Couldn’t have said it any better.

Oooops, I think I am going to throw up. Don’t know if it’s the wine, or my wokeness.

Does anybody here know if they have a pill against wokeness?

PS: this post is intended to be a satire, based on incidents believed to be true.

Comments
By TimNew - July 17, 2021, 6:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Isn't it irronic that the current use of "woke" seems to entail at least some unconciousness?