PFE
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by capper - July 29, 2021, 12:15 p.m.

I owned 600 shares of PFE.  I sold 6 covered call contracts on them as the stock had been dormant for a long time.  First, I had a 41 strike, and near expiration, I rolled it out a week and up to 42.5.  As the stock seemed to pick up some momentum, I considered rolling it again.  Before I did, it got assigned and I lost all 600 shares at 42.5.  I made some profit but I am wondering what the future looks like for Pfizer.  Any comments?   Is getting back in at just under 43 good value???

Comments
Re: PFE
0 likes
By metmike - July 29, 2021, 1:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Wonderful to hear from you capper. Especially bringing a super wonderful discussion to us. 

If you are selling calls, it tells me that you are clearly a very informed trader.

I like this strategy a great deal(selling options) in many situations and its underappreciated by the average investor or trader.

I don't follow stocks at all except when somebody like you brings it up, like this............and we sometimes get good feedback.

wxgrant, in the past shared tons of his selling options trades real time and he was pretty good at it.

You can look him up in the searchbox in the far right corner but you are interested in this particular stock. 

I'm totally out of touch with PFE but will try to contribute to a discussion on it......and you help us since my educated guess is that you know more than the rest of us based on you closely following it enough to be selling calls. 

200 Million More Reasons to Buy Pfizer Stock

The giant drugmaker just landed another big supply deal.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/07/27/200-million-more-reasons-to-buy-pfizer-stock/

The big unanswered question

There's one big unanswered question for investors, though: How long will the large vaccine orders continue? If the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine provides protection for years, the impressive sales we're seeing now will plunge in the not-too-distant future.

However, the rise of new coronavirus strains including the delta variant could make this an unlikely scenario. Both Pfizer and Moderna believe that booster doses of their vaccines will be needed. Israel has already begun administering third booster shots to some immunocompromised individuals. 

It's possible that Pfizer will be able to count on supply deals with the U.S. and other major nations for hundreds of millions of doses annually from now on. If so, the stock's current price could look like an absolute steal in hindsight within the next couple of years.

Re: Re: PFE
0 likes
By metmike - July 29, 2021, 1:52 p.m.
Like Reply