Tomorrow is Surgery Day
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by madmechanic - July 29, 2021, 8:14 p.m.

Well. Here I am, tomorrow is surgery day to deal with the abscess and fistula and to put a seton in place.

To say I'm nervous, anxious, apprehensive is putting it mildly. I can tell my heart rate has been elevated all day today and it's hard to think about anything else today.

All going well, by this time tomorrow I should be out of surgery and either in a recovery ward trying to wake up from general anesthesia (I tend to take longer than most to come out of general anesthesia). Or I will be home resting in bed or on the couch.

I imagine the pain meds will have worn off by Saturday morning, and unfortunately my body does not tolerate the 'good stuff' like vicoden. So I will have to make due with tylenol. I suspect they won't want me taking ibuprofen for at least a few days to avoid the risk of additional bleeding.

Part of me is trying to rationalize this and convince myself this isn't as big a deal as I'm making it out to be in my head. Still, my brain is the unfortunate type that tends to fixate and ruminate on topics, particularly those that I have little control over. (Mike, I'm sure you remember the mental wreck I was when I first joined the forum)

Positive vibes, if you are the type that likes to pray, pray for me if you wish. I'll take all the well wishes and assistance I can get.

Comments
By 7475 - July 29, 2021, 9:08 p.m.
Like Reply

You got it  M. Mechanic

Everything else can wait

John

By mcfarmer - July 29, 2021, 9:53 p.m.
Like Reply

We’re pulling for you.

By metmike - July 29, 2021, 10:06 p.m.
Like Reply

Actually, I do remember you when you started posting here madmechanic.

The amount of stress that was being put on you from the fake climate crisis.

No doubt that you've read this thread but you are NOT alone..........not even close about having Eco anxiety. There are many millions experiencing exactly the same thing!

Finally a real expert telling us the truth about Covid19: Greta on CNN. Scaring and converting children into the climate crisis cult.  Eco-anxiety in children. Greta controlled as the United Nation's climate activist puppet. Failed predictions of the UN and past climate crisis religion high priests, like Al Gore. Showing the truth with actual data/observations vs telling people to listen to the fake science. May 2020. https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/52100/

Not just children but many adults are very worried that we are destroying the planet. If you really believe that..........just think what that would actually mean. Destroying the planet.........the only planet that we have. If that were actually true...wow, its hard to contemplate the amount of lost hope and cause for depression/anxiety that this is causing.  I mean seriously, this would be almost the worst thing that could happen to humans and most life on this planet.

Fortunately, I can restore all hope and eliminate all major concerns, for those that believe in critical, objective thinking using facts, authentic science and realities, who are willing to discard the scare tactics used by those trying to convince the world of the fake climate crisis.

Just look at this:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/69258/

By madmechanic - July 29, 2021, 10:22 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Mike, I've come a long way since I first joined up, started reading your posts and threw a few topics of my own at you for comment.

Between your work, the work of Tony Heller and a few other lesser known individuals and groups online I feel I've read enough facts and actual data to realize that the climate crisis is just a massive scare tactic. I could make an entire post here listing everything I've learned but honestly, you have covered all of it in far better detail over the years than I would do the topic justice. I think my mind is now so irked that the mass media lie continues and the public at large keep buying into it despite the decades of failed climate model predictions and how many times various politicians have set deadlines for "tipping point" and they keep moving that line back. In my mind you can only cry wolf so many times.

I've even educated my wife about how inaccurate and false the "outside temperature" display is in my 2017 Subaru Impreza. I wrote an entire post here a little over a year ago discussing how the vast majority of car "outside temp" displays are badly executed (Subaru puts their temp sensor right next to the radiator low to the ground...about the worst place you could put it). So now my wife will look at the display in my car and remark "wow, it says 100 degrees, but that's road temperature."

I'm going to have quite a bit of recovery time this weekend with nothing else to do, so I think I will make a summary post of everything I've learned since joining and see if it holds up to your peer review Mike.   

By metmike - July 29, 2021, 10:27 p.m.
Like Reply

On your current path headed into unknown territory regarding a scary medical procedure.

I understand anxiety. Many in my wife's family have a long history of anxiety and panic attacks.

Her dad had extreme social anxiety and he was unable to go into stores......remaining in the car while her mom did the shopping.

Her oldest brother is still pretty bad with extreme social anxiety.

My wife was having severe panic attacks for years. She went on Lexipro and also did a few things to try to use her mind to control the anxiety and she hasn't had a major panic attack in 10 years...........after having many hundreds of them prior to that.

So there definitely is medical assistance and you CAN get much better. I sense that you are better related to that but having a medical procedure can be pretty scary for somebody that isn't used to that.

I'm an expert on having medical procedures because of my autoimmune disorders.

I've had 19 surgeries and that's not including having 11 skin cancers removed in the last 7 months........just basil cell cancers right now.

5 on my left elbow, 1 on the left shoulder, 1 right shoulder, 1 right elbow, 5 hernia's, 3 hemorrhoid procedures, 4 eye surgeries.....ok, I guess that's 20............since the additional left elbow(ruptured distal biceps tendon) was done earlier this year.

In a addition, I've had so many different tests that must be over 100 in the last 35 years. 

And I'm still alive posting on MarketForum!

And it just makes me appreciate how wonderful life truly is here in the year 2021!!!

So I  totally understand why somebody with anxiety issues would be extremely worried about anything, no less a medical procedure like this. Anxiety is something that some of us were born to have because of genetics or an imbalance in neurotransmitters in our brains(which medicines can help).

Try to focus, instead on how wonderful things will be after this is over and the fact that, 100 years ago and before then for thousands of years in all of human history your condition was not even treatable because science, technology and medicine were just too primitive until recent times!

Reasonstobethankful here in 2020!(and 2021, 22, 23+)

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/45623/

By TimNew - July 30, 2021, 1:29 a.m.
Like Reply

Good Luck.  You'll be fine.

By metmike - July 30, 2021, 2:01 a.m.
Like Reply

I remember that thread madmechanic!

Never trust your car's "Outside Temperature" and UHI

13 responses |                

Started by madmechanic - Aug. 6, 2019, 9:22 p.m.      

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/36235/

By metmike - July 30, 2021, 7:08 p.m.
Like Reply

How did it go madmechanic?