China crop production problems
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Aug. 2, 2021, 1:38 p.m.

I may have asked this question before. My brain isn't what it used to be

Has anybody picked up any chatter about spring drought in part of china 2021

We all know about the floods and hogs drowned plus millions of crop production ruined 2021

Comments
By wglassfo - Aug. 2, 2021, 7:40 p.m.
Like Reply

Golly the world seems to be having a tough time with grain production

SA will have 3 frosts hit their corn crop

If this was our crop it would be like having a frost in mid July, another at end of July and then a 3rd frost the 1st week of August

That would be toast for most of our corn except maybe Texas

SA keeps lowering there corn production numbers and import quantities keep increasing from where ever they can find corn

The wheat is also hit by frost but damage estimates will take some time to fully know the damage

Wheat can be fed to animals but this yr the millers will want most or all of the available wheat

Farmers with contracts to deliver corn fear they may not be able to meet obligations

JBS a top meat processor and must have animal contracts with producers are already importing corn by vessel

JBS has said if corn is unavailable from normal sources then USA imports will be required. It seems as if USA corn imports will happen before another corn crop is available in next yrs crop yr. perhaps happening as soon as this yr 2021 and certainly 2022

Does anybody have a normal crop production yr 2021 in the entire world???

Maybe some body knows where there are good crops, on average, for the country

Or are we in trouble finding food for the world demand???

I know somebody always has problems sourcing food, usually because of price, with low man on the totem pole dependant on world food aid such as from the U.N

Will this yr find more people as low man on the totem pole, because of price???

As Bear posted, if you have enough money, there is no shortage of food

What about the people with out the money??

Is grain priced correctly at todays closing price??

I am about to start my 2021 corn sales very soon, maybe tomorrow. I will have corn to sell, I hope, barring a hail storm. Hail season is almost past for us and grain fill the next variable

By metmike - Aug. 2, 2021, 8:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much Wayne!

I don't have any deals about the crop weather in China, sorry about that.

Brazil had a couple of freezes that hurt some of the cold sensitive crops. .....especially the first surprise one with  coffee. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/72552/