Gov. Cuomo
19 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Aug. 3, 2021, 11:45 a.m.

Investigation finds Cuomo sexually harassed several women, violated laws

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/566089-independent-report-finds-cuomo-sexually-harassed-several-women-including

metmike: People can be deceptive. Over a year ago, when Cuomo was doing his wonderful  daily COVID updates, I admired him and suggested that he would be a good candidate for president.

Then, new information about "the real governor Cuomo" came out and I gradually did a 180 on him.

Cuomo absolutely needs to resign but he is very stubborn and tenacious, with very little humility and apparently will have to be forced out. Other comments?

This thread describes that process from start to current in detail.

New York State admits to withholding nursing home covid death #'s            

11 responses |         

Started by TimNew - Feb. 12, 2021, 6 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/65540/

Comments
Re: Gov. Cuomo
0 likes
By TimNew - Aug. 3, 2021, 12:19 p.m.
Like Reply

This entire situation shows me just how messed up, probably beyond repair, this country has become.

Cuomo's poor judgement cost the lives of  thousands of senior citizens.  At the very least,  gross incompetence.  But then he lied about it.  We know this as incontrovertable fact.   He lied about all kinds of things.  We know this beyond a doubt.

And nothing was done.  This is all just business as usual,  right?

But allegations of sexual misconduct?!?!?!?!?.  Heads will roll.

I am not for one minute condoning his sexual deviancy,  but why was all the rest essentially ignored?  A real cost in human life and then lies about those lives.

Our country can't survive without a conviction to morals and ethics.   The execution of our constitution depends on it. 

By metmike - Aug. 3, 2021, 12:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Exactly Tim!

Manufactured realities sold effectively to the public using convincing narratives for political agenda absolutely DEFINES our country.............and world with some topics.

Manufactured reality: Cops are racist, de-fund the police.

Reality is that cops risk there lives daily to do more to fight inner city crime that is killing 100 times more blacks, than anybody.

Manufactured reality: Trump colluded with Russia to win the 2016 election. Russia is behind alot of bad things that happen............they created the Hunter Biden laptop scandal. 

Reality: Total BS

Manufactured reality: What we got from the extremely corrupt Mueller report.

Reality: Almost all the Mueller crimes were created by the actual investigation itself which was entirely designed to obliterate Trump. 

Manufactured reality:  Biden stole the election

Reality: Almost all the fraud by a very wide margin has repeatedly been proven to come from the ones making this allegation.

Manufactured reality: The COVID vaccine is killing people. The COVID vaccine doesn't protect you from COVID..........it even makes it worse.

Reality: All the data and authentic science after over 2 billion people have received shots show conclusively how massively effective the COVID vaccine is....it's saving millions of lives!

Manufactured reality:  CO2 is pollution that's killing the planet and there's a climate crisis.

Reality: CO2 is a beneficial gas which, in combination with climate change, is greening up the planet. It's been this warm or warmer before 4 times in the last 8,000 years and each time, those periods were referred to as climate OPTIMUMS. 

Both political sides use this tactic and the other side ALWAYS recognizes when its being done to the other side but NEVER recognizes when their side is doing it to them.

Because the ones doing it, totally understand cognitive bias and how to use it to brainwash people. 

The information highway and age of enlightenment gives people millions of times more information to learn from than what we had a century ago. 

At the same time, its being used as a powerful brainwashing tool. 

Determining correlations            

11 responses |            

Started by metmike - June 5, 2021, 11:08 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/70511/

By TimNew - Aug. 3, 2021, 1:04 p.m.
Like Reply

This goes beyond manufactured realities, which are bad enough on their own.

These are known facts, proven, that were just ignored.  And it's not isolated.   

By metmike - Aug. 3, 2021, 3:02 p.m.
Like Reply

I agree. The evidence used depends on who is being investigated.

Like when Hillary Clinton destroyed all the evidence with the investigation  of her....or when the intel agencies destroyed the evidence on 25 of their phones with the investigation into the investigators of the corrupt mueller witch hunt?

I’ll have the links to show that when back at my computer.

On the other ones.....completely faked evidence is manufactured.

By metmike - Aug. 3, 2021, 4:35 p.m.
Like Reply

More Mueller corruption!                                                 

Started by metmike - Sept. 11, 2020, 6:44 p.m.           

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/59031/

At Least 27 Phones from Special Counsel’s Office Were Wiped before DOJ Inspector General Could Review Them

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/at-least-27-phones-from-special-counsels-office-were-wiped-before-doj-inspector-general-could-review-them/

FISA report: DOJ watchdog releases findings on Russia probe surveillance                                                                   Started by metmike - Dec. 9, 2019, 1:12 p.m.  

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/44076/

IG testimony today            

Started by wglassfo - Dec. 11, 2019, 5:09 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/44129/

June 2016:  Loretta Lynch-Bill Clinton meeting.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/24146/#24224

By metmike - Aug. 3, 2021, 5:12 p.m.
Like Reply

Cuomo refuses to resign after bombshell sexual harassment report

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/566133-cuomo-defiant-after-bombshell-sexual-harassment-report

metmike: His arrogance is going to keep making him look worse and worse because he won't survive this.

By metmike - Aug. 3, 2021, 5:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Biden calls on Cuomo to resign after bombshell sexual harassment report

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/03/biden-calls-on-cuomo-to-resign-after-bombshell-sexual-harassment-report.html

He was toast before this but now his toast has been pulverized and is powder about to get blown away into the dustbin for arrogant, narrcistic leaders that consider themselves invincible.

His ego got massively pumped up in 2020 and he's unable to comprehend the significance of his situation.

1. The investigation found sexual harassment. His already damaged self had his fate sealed the minute that was released.

2. Biden called on him to resign........the leader of his party and of the United States.

3. The longer it takes...........the worse it will be for him.

4. With many narcissists, they don't have humility and can't recognize when they lost.  We noted the worlds quintessential example of that since the November 2020 election clearly proved by every objective and reasonable standard that Biden won.

5. Who will dare come to his defense after Biden(Bidens advisors) called for Cuomo to resign. The left is not going to rescue him, nor will the MSM. In today's world, as Tim noted he committed the most dastardly infraction you can commit, with no forgiving. You can kill a thousand old people with bad decisions, cover it up, get exposed.........but get away with it but don't ever kiss women without their permission or get carried away with verbally expressing what is going on in most males heads all day long.

edit: I apologize for that last statement, not realizing how bad this guy really was........a true predator.

By mcfarm - Aug. 3, 2021, 9:25 p.m.
Like Reply

watched mini series about DR Death last week, This surgeon reminds me of Cuomo very much. Even after he killed a couple patients, paralyzed a few more and is in prison with a life term he still does not think he is guilty. Cuomo will go thru the same rationalizations with one difference. He was the love child of the left and likely will face no consequences at all. May even become a rock star of the left just like Clinton did. What's  little rape of innocent women to the left?

By metmike - Aug. 3, 2021, 9:50 p.m.
Like Reply

Neighboring Democratic govs call on Cuomo to resign amid sex harass probe report

https://nypost.com/2021/08/03/neighboring-govs-call-on-cuomo-to-resign-over-sex-harassment/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=1239489

"The governors of four neighboring states said Tuesday that New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo should step down after an independent investigation found the three-term Democrat had sexually harassed 11 women, nine of them current or former state employees.  

In a terse statement, New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy, Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont, Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf, and Rhode Island Gov. Dan McKee — all Democrats — said they were “appalled at the findings of the independent investigation by the New York Attorney General.

“Governor Cuomo should resign from office,” they added.

The governors joined a chorus of Democrats — including President Biden, Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-NY), and NYC Mayor Bill de Blasio — demanding Cuomo step aside following the release of the bombshell report by state Attorney General Letitia James."

"The statement represents a turnabout for Murphy and Lamont, who worked closely with Cuomo throughout last year in coordinating a regional response to the coronavirus pandemic. Cuomo’s handling of the outbreak is part of a legislative impeachment investigation, specifically his policy mandating nursing homes accept COVID patients, as well as the $5.1 million book deal the governor received for his pandemic-era memoir “American Crisis.” The Brooklyn US Attorney’s Office is also conducting its own inquiry into both the nursing home policy and the book deal."

"The report released Tuesday detailed how Cuomo, in the words of James, engaged in “unwanted groping, kissing, hugging and making inappropriate comments.” The AG added that investigators’ interviews of 179 witnesses “revealed a deeply disturbing yet clear picture” of the governor’s behavior. 

Cuomo, who has repeatedly denied wrongdoing and suggested that the investigation is politically motivated and biased against him, defied calls to resign Tuesday while insisting that he had “never touched anyone inappropriately or made inappropriate sexual advances.” 

Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie (D-Bronx) said in a statement Tuesday that Cuomo “has lost the confidence of the Assembly Democratic majority and … can no longer remain in office.

“Once we receive all relevant documents and evidence from the Attorney General,” Heastie added, “we will move expeditiously and look to conclude our impeachment investigation as quickly as possible.”

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2021, 1:43 p.m.
Like Reply

‘Completely Violated’: Women Describe Cuomo’s Groping and Intimidation

The new account of a state trooper bolsters a meticulous new report on Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s misdeeds — and how his inner circle allowed such conduct to fester.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/03/nyregion/cuomo-toxic-workplace.html

The governor placed his finger on the back of the trooper’s neck, standing behind her in an elevator at his Manhattan office, tracing the path of her spine with a two-word narration: “Hey, you.”

Sometimes, he asked questions — Why didn’t she wear a dress? Why pursue marriage when “your sex drive goes down” afterward? Could he kiss her? — and sometimes, he made statements: He remarked that his ideal girlfriend could “handle pain.” He said that the trooper, in her late 20s, was “too old” for him. He directed her to say nothing of their conversations.

The trooper was perhaps most unsettled after an event on Long Island in 2019. As she held a door open for him, she felt the palm of his hand on her bellybutton, pressing toward her right hip, where she kept her gun. “I felt completely violated,” she later told investigators. “But, you know, I’m here to do a job.”

Doing a job at the behest of Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo was long known to be taxing and often demeaning work. But a 165-page report released on Tuesday by the state attorney general is at once the fullest accounting yet of his executive misdeeds and a meticulous rendering of how that conduct was permitted to fester in the first place.

To exist as a woman in Mr. Cuomo’s orbit, the report suggested, was to live “the dichotomy between fear and flirtation,” a space where the boss could toggle between intimate and intimidating and where his senior-most aides seemed to operate with a singular focus on the governor’s reputation and personal comfort.

In fact, the report says, as Mr. Cuomo sexually harassed women inside and outside his government, greater pains were taken to protect him from himself: The executive chamber declined to report harassment allegations from an executive assistant, Charlotte Bennett, to the appropriate state agency and moved instead to establish a practice preventing certain female staff members from being left alone with the governor.

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2021, 1:49 p.m.
Like Reply

REPORT OF INVESTIGATION  
INTO ALLEGATIONS OF  
SEXUAL HARASSMENT BY
GOVERNOR ANDREW M. CUOMO

STATE OF NEW YORK
OFFICE OF THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
LETITIA JAMES

https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2021/08/2021.08.03_nyag_-_investigative_report.pdf

metmike: I didn't realize that it was this bad )-:  This guy was/is clearly a predator!

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2021, 6:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Top Cuomo ally Jay Jacobs, the State Dem chair, joins calls for gov to step down

https://nypost.com/2021/08/04/top-cuomo-ally-joins-calls-for-governor-to-resign/

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2021, 6:33 p.m.
Like Reply

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2021, 6:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Extremely hard to come down from the throne:

Andrew Cuomo, the King of New York

-The New Yorker

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/10/19/andrew-cuomo-the-king-of-new-york

By metmike - Aug. 4, 2021, 6:58 p.m.
Like Reply

Cuomo Employs Classic ‘People Hug People’ Defense to Answer Harassment Allegations

If George W. Bush can hug a hurricane survivor, why can’t the New York governor grope an aide?

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/andrew-cuomo-denies-report-sexual-misconduct-photo-montage-1206919/

metmike: Cuomo spent some time going back to find all these hand picked video clips to go with the convincing sounding lies in his speech.

By metmike - Aug. 5, 2021, 5:54 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Aug. 6, 2021, 4:19 p.m.
Like Reply

More than 40 county Democratic chairs tell Cuomo to 'immediately resign'

Statement comes after state party chair issued same request

https://www.timesunion.com/state/article/More-than-40-county-Democratic-chairs-tell-Cuomo-16369353.php

metmike: Every day that goes by is a day that increases the number of people calling for him to resign. 

There is a zero% chance for it to go the other way and for him to somehow weather this storm and for people to suddenly turn around and start supporting him.

But he's making so, so much worse on himself. This is the main reason that I'm following it..........as an example of what happens to people's minds that become totally convinced of something that they want to believe.

There is no question that he sincerely believes that he is innocent. The groping that he did, 50 years ago might  just be seen as being a red blooded male in those days...........except that he was in a position of power(EXTREME power in this case), which would have made the groping bad even then. 

He's rationalized it and justified it, however to generalize all of his actions as being from the same innocent frame of mind and claim the groping accusations and the aggressive, offensive verbiage was really just him being an affectionate person that was misinterpreted by the victims. 

This may seem like being totally delusional and he is with respect to not appreciating how deep the whole is that he's digging but this goes to Tim's previous points.

This is not a defense of him below. 

We know that testosterone makes men much more aggressive. In sports, confrontations, business situations, personal relationships, committing violent crimes, sexual relationships...........right down the line. It's nature.

That's actually why it's good to provide rules and standards like we do today because without them, aggressive men will tend to go too far with their aggression.

Those rules here were clearly violated here, so again, I'm not defending Cuomo. However, sometimes it's tricky because it's not like a cop measuring your speed at 25 mph over the speed limit.....with hard data(no pun intended). 

If 2 people are on their first date, the man will usually initiate the first kiss. What if the woman says I'd rather not kiss in public or maybe we should wait awhile or something like that.

Does that mean, I don't want you to kiss me or does it mean, when we are in private you can kiss me or in an hour(awhile) or later this evening or tomorrow I want you to kiss me?

If there is any physical contact  beyond that, it usually will be the male that makes the first move............because of testosterone. 

If the woman doesn't like that, she could very well perceive it as groping. At that point, if they are dating, we allow for the standards of groping to be much different than the groping by Cuomo of somebody beneath him in an unacceptable environment. 

But unlike the cop clocking the speed of your car with radar, there's only a general assumption that applies to the situation with dating for instance. If the woman wants no physical contact, she probably won't announce that before the date. Or that, "you can kiss me 10 times tonight, but don't touch my breasts" or "you can fondle my breasts on the outside of my clothes, but don't dare go beyond that" or "I can't wait to get into bed with you later on"

We basically take cues from the other person and this is where it's incredibly tricky and different in each situation. Some women, by the nature of human beings are more/less assertive at expressing what they want and don't want. Some men, by the nature of human beings are less/more sensitive to what their partner wants.

Some women may act a certain way but really want something else(no I'm not one of those) Some men, may think the woman expects the man to be the aggressor. ......and act that way because he thinks she wants him to be that way............that really is a legit deal. 

Obviously, for it to be criminal would require an extreme violation that goes way beyond unwanted kissing or fondling. ..........on a date that is, where there could be reasonable expectations for some intimacy by at least one person that could be authentically defended.

The work place is NOT a date. Especially when one of the people has all the power and is abusing it outside the realm of reasonable job expectations.

Which is why Cuomo has no defense here.

My wife told me during the Kavanaugh hearings that she had dozens of  strange guys pat her butt or make lewd comments when she was younger. None of them were bosses.

Today, if a famous person does that..............they are dead meat because the standards have changed.

We all remember 3 years ago. 

What if...........Kavanaugh as a teenager was drunk and was aggressively making out with a girl that went into the room with him and a buddy to make out but changed her mind after it was going too far for her?

How far can it go before it's a sexual assault?

There was definitely no rape, even according to the accuser. No police reports filed. No record. No witnesses. Just a democrat lady out of nowhere claiming he went farther than she wanted him  to go in a bedroom on a non date, almost 4 decades previously......a sexual assault.  They obviously let her go before having sex because 2 football players would have had no trouble controlling a petite woman. 

But Cuomo is in a totally different ballpark.........and the most important items are that we have credible testimony from credible people and Christine Ford told several VERIFIED lies in her testimony that caused me to think that she was lying about everything. 

By metmike - Aug. 7, 2021, 10:59 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Aug. 9, 2021, 4:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Time's Up leader Roberta Kaplan resigns after criticism for reportedly aiding Cuomo on harassment allegations

"Robbie Kaplan, board co-chair, has stepped down from the board. We and she agree that is the right and appropriate thing to do," Time's Up said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/time-s-leader-roberta-kaplan-resigns-after-criticism-reportedly-aiding-n1276337