Covid19 in the Middle East.
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Aug. 12, 2021, 11:51 p.m.

Israel is 62% vaxxed    Palestine is 8% vaxxed

Now Isreal is seeing a huge spike, and almost unvaxxed Palestine is doing fine. 

Shouldn't these curves be the other way?  Didn't Dr Fauci say, this is the"Pandemic of the Unvaxxed"???

Comments
By metmike - Aug. 13, 2021, 1:36 a.m.
Like Reply

Outbreaks do not occur simultaneously in every country around the world Gunter...........and then subside simultaneously at the same time.

Subjectively cherry picking 2 countries to try to show a correlation that doesn't exist is proof of nothing. Note the huge differences in just these countries. I could just pick out the ones I desire to prove whatever point I wanted to.

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart/?areas=eur&areas=usa&areas=bra&areas=gbr&areas=tun&areas=nam&areasRegional=usny&areasRegional=usla&areasRegional=usnv&areasRegional=usar&areasRegional=usks&areasRegional=usmo&cumulative=0&logScale=0&per100K=1&startDate=2020-09-01&values=deaths

You are violating the principles in this thread below.  I actually started that discussion because its such a problem and so prevalent at really crummy, biased sources. Others can learn more from this too. 

Determining correlations            

11 responses |  

Started by metmike - June 5, 2021, 11:08 a.m.    

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/70511/

By GunterK - Aug. 13, 2021, 9:31 a.m.
Like Reply

Good point...

so, we could say, sometimes it's the "pandemic of the vaccinated", and sometimes it's the "pandemic of the unvaccinated."

In otherr words, both terms are meaningless B.S.

By metmike - Aug. 13, 2021, 11:25 a.m.
Like Reply

Not WE Gunter, that’s how YOU and your sources, might want to MIScharacterize it.

Me and the authentic scientists will look at each individual situation that has numerous elements which are often different and rarely being imposed on those different environments at exactly the same time frames.

By GunterK - Aug. 13, 2021, 12:52 p.m.
Like Reply

“Me and the authentic scientists will look at each….”

Pardon me…. last time I checked the dictionary, the word “pandemic” refers to a world-wide outbreak.

And has you have so nicely demonstrated with your graph, a glance at the world-wide Covid situation shows a random looking mix of ups and downs.

In other words, the term “pandemic of the unvaccinated”, as used by our “authentic scientists”, such as Dr Fauci, should really be changed to “localized outbreaks in certain areas, affecting the unvaccinated”.

Of course, the term “Pandemic of the unvaccinated” has much more theatrical effect.

And recently, we have areas where vaccinated people seem to be infected more than unvaccinated people

For those situations, people also shouldn’t use terms, such as “the pandemic of the vaccinated” (as I may have done posting about the incredible Gibraltar outbreak)…. let’s just have discussions about it.

Too much time wasted on not so important issues

By metmike - Aug. 13, 2021, 1:05 p.m.
Like Reply

The data .............is the data. 

Nothing you can say or spin can make it go away, Gunter.

No, thousands of people in 50 states are not conspiring to manipulate all the data and cover up all the real data(like your sources have convinced you).

I look at the data almost every day. As that changes, my position will also continue to be adjusted..............to dial in new things that we are learning and there is still PLENTY to learn about this(for those with open minds). 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/73407/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/73407/#73583

By metmike - Aug. 13, 2021, 1:17 p.m.
Like Reply

At least we got you to stop saying that the COVID vaccine changes your DNA, which also means you should FINALLY stop saying it's "gene therapy" which keeps making you look extremely bad and uneducated while arguing to make a case for something you clearly don't understand.....except for what your anti government, anti science, anti Fauci  sources have convinced you to believe.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/73449/#73590

By GunterK - Aug. 14, 2021, 11:06 a.m.
Like Reply

Just one more thought, metmike.

(I know, I shouldn’t be thinking… since you have accused me so many times that  “my brain has been captured and brainwashed” by those scientists on the other side)

I can’t argue with your eloquent logic and the convincing graph you showed. This graph clearly shows that you can easily create a pair of countries, where one is vaxxed and suffers, while the other is unvaxxed and has no problem.

As this graph clearly shows, an outbreak could come and go, at any time, regardless of whether the country is vaxxed or not, and one should not jump to conclusions and comparisons.

However, there is another thought that comes to mind.

If these outbreaks come and go, regardless of whether a vaxx was used, why are our top scientists already telling us that the pandemic will not end, unless everybody is vaxxed… Your graph clearly shows that the outbreaks subside without the help of a vaxx

And our leaders tell us that even when everybody is vaxxed, the virus will still not go away…regular booster shots will be required, for the rest of our lives. (reminds me of our opioid addicts)

Some irrational people are saying, "the unvaxxed are killing us'....How could a country with a 8% vaxx rate even survive? The Gaza sttrip is a tiny, densely populated place. Shouldn’t they all be dead by now?

I know, some people will call these questions silly... but are they really?

By metmike - Aug. 14, 2021, 1:40 p.m.
Like Reply

"The Gaza sttrip is a tiny, densely populated place. Shouldn’t they all be dead by now?"

You are getting sillier by the post Gunter.

You just totally ignored the entire points made earlier that you seemed to agree with about each country having its own unique dynamics that lead to totally independent COVID rates .........than the other countries.

The extremely reliable data from this country below of 329,000,000 (USA) with its own unique COVID dynamics could not be more CRYSTAL clear.

The data..............is the data and it's not even in an area of being in the vicinity of being on the periphery of close. 

It's so dang lopsidedly one sided in proving the benefits of being vaccinated as to be baffling that anybody.............that actually reads this data at the links below would think otherwise.......except to assume that the ability of their minds to think clearly/objectively  has been completely  stolen from them.  

Your posts are only proving that with greater certainty Gunter. 

Rural/Republican states hit hardest by COVID            

13 responses |        

Started by metmike - Aug. 9, 2021, 7:40 p.m.            

By GunterK - Aug. 14, 2021, 4:12 p.m.
Like Reply

“Just read Gunter's posts this Summer to see why. We should note that Gunter never made any anti COVID vaxx posts last year the entire time when Trump was for the vaccines. Since Biden took over…”

Oh no, I never was for Trump’s “warp speed” push, and the rapid distribution of the jab. I always believed that something like that mRNA thingy needed to be carefully tested before they stick it into my arm.  After all, it wasn’t a real “vaccine’, like the flu shots I have taken in the past. My beliefs on this have nothing to do with politics.True, I didn’t post about my objections, but neither did you see me encourage Trump’s warp speed project.

You presented again the illustration of how infections are distributed among US states, focusing on vaxxed (urban) states vs unvaxxed (rural) states.

However, the original post pointed out that some highly vaxxed countries are experiencing big increases, while unvaxxed countries are doing well.

(And it isn’t just Israel vs Palestine… there are other countries, highly vaccinated, and they are suffering now… while countries with low vaxx rates have no problem)

For a logically thinking mind, this is a bit hard to explain with Dr Fauci-rethoric.

Your explanation was…. the virus randomly comes and goes (as evidenced by your graph).  Therefore, we cannot compare one area with the other. It’s all just coincidence. And I said OK, but I later added a few “silly” questions.

but then it downed no me...

I shouldn't have compared Israel vs Palestine. I shoulnd't have compared them and asked questions.

And then you come back with exactly the same kind of comparison… vaxxed states in the US, vs unvaxxed states in the US.

In other words, I cannot compare one area with another, to make a point…. but you can.

And why is that? Because my comparison messed with your “cognitive bias”, whereas your comparison enforces it.

It surprises me that you, of all people, overlook the key issue…

The Delta put us into phase 2 of the Pandemic. Everything has changed. The jab is not working well anymore… vaccinated people are being infected in large numbers, etc.

Unless I am wrong, the stats you posted are about the pandemic from the beginning. This is like comparing oranges and apples. These stats and graphs do not apply to the current Delta phase….You can throw these graphs away, unless you want to keep them for historical records… the good ol days, before the Delta.

By metmike - Aug. 14, 2021, 5:06 p.m.
Like Reply

"It surprises me that you, of all people, overlook the key issue…

The Delta put us into phase 2 of the Pandemic. Everything has changed. The jab is not working well anymore… vaccinated people are being infected in large numbers, etc.

Unless I am wrong, the stats you posted are about the pandemic from the beginning. This is like comparing oranges and apples. These stats and graphs do not apply to the current Delta phase….You can throw these graphs away, unless you want to keep them for historical records… the good ol days, before the Delta."

Gunter,

If you even read them 1 time(and paid attention to points), even after I sent it to you a handful of times you would have noted that I addressed that specifically and they only applied to the later stat. 

"On these stats below, one would have to be brain dead to not appreciate the monumental difference between vaccinated and not vaccinated for all 50 states for those hospitalized and dead. However, the stats will be skewed to be more amplified to make the vaccinated look to be much better protected because the pool of unvaccinated was so much larger, especially in the beginning.

Even so, after half the people have been vaccinated, waaaay more than half the hospitalizations and deaths are still coming from the unvaccinated."

I have been sending you tons and tons of CURRENT DATA all along, including at the same thread............higher up.

This was the latest data as of the posted time this week. It hasn't changed.............states with low vaccination rate.......all republican states are getting obliterate by COVID............right this very minute Gunter. 

Many people are dying right now because of it Gunter. 

The least you can do is read the stuff Gunter.........this is the 5th time or so that I'm sending this particular data packed link and you are still misinterpreting it.