Anyone doing currencies?
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by MarkB - Sept. 23, 2021, 10:46 p.m.

CD has been sinking all summer long. Looking like the Loonie may try to fly a bit  with the flat pattern the last month.

Comments
By 7475 - Sept. 24, 2021, 9:20 a.m.
Like Reply

Mark

Im trying but on a daily basis.

I cant be at the screen all day.

Im short the Loonie today but might exit soon.

Altho the general trend has been down I dont have the account size to withstand a drawdown a long term position would need. Therefore I attempt more scalping then anything else with breakeven - slightly positive -results. Plus, to spend 3 months in a drawdown only to find it is actually a trend change is not my idea of fun!

Ive found during the last several years the dialy range/volitility is killer for what I try to do.

I do the Euro and Aussie too.

John

By bear - Sept. 24, 2021, 11:04 a.m.
Like Reply

the time cycle seems all wrong.  the buck should be going down (just according to my long term look at the time cycles),  but it looks like it wants to keep rising, or see-sawing upwards.   

maybe the market is telling us that the left will not be able to push thru their big spending plan?  

By MarkB - Sept. 24, 2021, 12:49 p.m.
Like Reply

John

I understand.  I don't trade anything long term. Scalp a few hundred when I can, especially in currencies. Although, taking a long position in gas or oil seems like a decent idea.

Bear. Me too!!