10 yrs of shortages
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Oct. 1, 2021, 2:26 p.m.

How many people believe the ship unloading snafu at the port unloading docks will fix it self in a yr or so as we are told

The major bottleneck seems to be a lack of truck drivers to move goods to their destination. Well that won't improve any time soon. If you want to enter the business of driving a truck you need to pay money up front for training. How many unemployed have 2500-3000.00 for training in loose change in their pocket??Then you have a multitude of laws you must follow while driving. One example in Ontario, [I have no idea in other places] there is a camera watching your every move, mounted in the cab of your truck. One thing you must do is have two hands on the steering wheel at all times. The next time you are driving your car, try this one, and see how you make out as a truck driver.. I tried it and I soon got muscle cramps. If I used one hand, then my other hand/arm could rest and I could shift from one hand to another. I have looked at trucks on our high ways and sure enough they use two hands

Now, couple that with truck inspections, electronic log books and cameras that clock your speed, how close you follow the vechicle ahead, did you??? etc, etc. and who wants to enter that business. What will happen is the old drivers will retire with not enough replacements

Maybe rail is the answer. Does the rail way stop in Mayberry??? You still need to move goods to the final destination by road

This is just one of many reasons why I think it will take 10 yrs or longer to figure out the solution to constant shortages. I don't remember shortages as a big issue pre=covid 

What changed???

Guess what. My wife could not buy TP 

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 3, 2021, 4:09 p.m.
Like Reply

Great topic as usual for you Wayne.