Other than that, the only other time when cotton prices were higher, was in March 2011, when the price spiked very briefly, just above $2. The high was around $2.04.
Those 2 other times when cotton prices got above $1, it didn't last long. Even in 2011, the price was below $1 again at the end of November of that year.
The high for this move was the $114.95 earlier this evening.
We're currently at $113.59 up $1.98
Cotton prices reversed lower on Friday after a 10 year high overnight.
Good source of information here:
Cotton prices settled slightly lower again on Monday, after Friday's reversal lower from decade+ highs.
Cotton was clobbered today:
Historical price of Coffee:
Cotton closes lower again:
Dec 21 Cotton closed at 103.86, down 252 points,
107.04s -0.29 (-0.27%) 10/18/21 [ICE/US]
for Mon, Oct 18th, 2021
Nothing to write home about.
I just saw this thread.
I was a buyer today, after covering a short put on Friday.
Today was a buy based upon:
1. 3 day rule--market will test a high/low three trading days thereafter (Wednesday was the daily cycle low)
2. this week is only the 4th week after a weekly cycle low (9-20-21) Too soon for 'high'
3. Would be abnormal for the lowest volume trading month, October, to print a high or low
4. October expiration last week, thus some more to come
5. Looking for near 130 this week--probably book profit Friday/Monday
Wow! Great insights tjc. Thanks for sharing.
Cotton isn't trading weather so I'm not trading it right now.
Stopped out and glad. Dropped another 3 bucks after taken out.
Good trade thanks for sharing
Very complex trade this COTTON.
Sold the rally at 10810..Sweatted the move to 109.
Did NOT 'like' ctz failed to reach my sell stop at 10710..
Covered at 10802
I WILL ACTUALLY LOOK TO GO LONG on Monday on test of low