Saliva more effective than nasopharyngeal swabs for COVID-19 testing
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by hayman - Oct. 2, 2021, 3:58 p.m.
Comments
By metmike - Oct. 2, 2021, 6:09 p.m.
Like Reply

hayman,

You must have been reading my mind.

It appears as if the COVID tests are not very reliable.

Not from false positives but from many false negatives and they are UNDER counting COVID as a result and causing people with COVID to think that they don't have COVID and going out and spreading it.

2 weeks ago, my wife got sick, after spending the entire day(3 days before that) with an employee that had COVID and tested positive the next day) .

She tested negative on day 3 but was pretty sick. I didn't believe it. So she tested negative again on day 6 and was still sick. 

I think there's an 80% chance that the test was wrong. She hardly makes  cytokines or prostoglandins, so the nasal test probably found her nasal cavity dry as the Sahara Desert when the cue tips went up there trying to retrieve COVID. 

So she was still sick but gradually got better this week.

Every symptom was a COVID symptom and it took almost 2 weeks for her to recover and there wasn't any sort of flu going around at her work. 

I wanted to get her a monoclonal antibody infusion but you have to test positive for COVID to get that. 

I did treat her with some of the things listed here, including Ivermectin the first 3 days.

Thank God she was vaccinated.  She has a serious breathing issue and it really messed her up. Her pulse had dropped down into the 40's, periodically for a couple of days and we were on the verge of going to the emergency room. 

I was using portions of this protocol below(that were appropriate and I could control) to treat her. 

I treated Mike too with the same stuff.  I could have had a mild version for a week based on some symptoms but also tested negative. I took the Ivermectin for 4 days. 

An overview of the MATH+, I-MASK+ and          I-RECOVER Protocols
A Guide to the Management of COVID-19

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/FLCCC-Protocols-%E2%80%93-A-Guide-to-the-Management-of-COVID-19.pdf

By mcfarm - Oct. 2, 2021, 6:45 p.m.
Like Reply

odd about saliva. went in for minor surgery last year and the protocol was go through a drive in and spit on a cup to be tested. I had very little confidence in that strange routine but I guess they ahead of the curve. Still think the tests are a major problem with accuracy.

By metmike - Oct. 2, 2021, 7:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm!

My daughter supervises a skilled nursing home chain in Indiana where they do tons of testing and said the tests are not as good at detecting the Delta version.....which I assume are most cases now.

It looks like there may be as many as 20% of negatives that are actually false negatives. 

Possibly more if our experience is any indication.

By metmike - Oct. 3, 2021, 12:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Bill de Blasio’s COVID vaccine mandate hurting NYC’s underage partying scene

By 

Meike Leonard  

October 3, 2021

https://nypost.com/2021/10/03/nyc-vaccine-mandate-putting-an-end-to-underage-partying/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=1440067

One of Mayor Bill de Blasio’s vaccine mandates has taken its toll on an unintended victim — the social life of underage city partiers. 

Legions of young Big Apple bar and club fans who rely on fake IDs to gain entry into local hot spots are now having trouble getting past the door because they also have to show proof of their COVID-19 vaccination — and the birth dates on both identifications don’t match up.