Post of the MONTH!
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Oct. 5, 2021, 5:42 p.m.

https://www.marketforum.com/library/

By kris - Oct. 5, 2021, 5:11 p.m.            

"Never paid any attention to Fauci and even if I did why would I bash, or why would anyone else for that matter ?"

Comments
By mcfarm - Oct. 5, 2021, 7:52 p.m.
Like Reply

well gee how about we are in a pandemic. That's why needed a leader in his position, Not an ideologue lost ball.

By metmike - Oct. 5, 2021, 8:34 p.m.
Like Reply
By joj - Oct. 6, 2021, 8:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Stephen Hawking once said: (paraphrase) In the same way that a dog is aware that it is inferior to its master human but is completely unaware of how large the gap between them is, so too are humans aware of their inferiority to artificial intelligence even though we do not know how great the gap is.

Facebook uses algorithms (AI) To manipulate human behavior. In my opinion, Facebook needs a human between the AI and the human user.

Are we at the beginning of something out of a Steven King novel?

By kris - Oct. 7, 2021, 1:03 a.m.
Like Reply

"Are we at the beginning of something out of a Steven King novel?"

Not at all, no need to overthink this, it is much more simple than that.

I gravitate towards the fact that we just happen to live in  George Carlins' world:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rh6qqsmxNs

By TimNew - Oct. 7, 2021, 1:17 a.m.
Like Reply

Wrong George, IMO.  Orwell is far more appropriate and gettong closer every day.

By metmike - Oct. 7, 2021, 1:58 a.m.
Like Reply

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Carlin

George Denis Patrick Carlin (May 12, 1937 – June 22, 2008) was an American stand-up comedian, actor, social critic, and author. Regarded as one of the most important and influential stand-up comics of all time, he was dubbed "the dean of counterculture comedians".[1] He was known for his dark comedy and reflections on politics, the English language, psychology, religion, and taboo subjects. His "seven dirty words" routine was central to the 1978 United States Supreme Court case F.C.C. v. Pacifica Foundation, in which a 5–4 decision affirmed the government's power to censor indecent material on the public airwaves.

The first of Carlin's 14 stand-up comedy specials for HBO was filmed in 1977. From the late 1980s, his routines focused on sociocultural criticism of American society. He often commented on American political issues and satirized American culture. He was a frequent performer and guest host on The Tonight Show during the three-decade Johnny Carson era and hosted the first episode of Saturday Night Live in 1975. His final comedy special, It's Bad for Ya, was filmed less than four months before his death from cardiac failure.[2] In 2008, he was posthumously awarded the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor. In 2004, he placed second on Comedy Central's list of top 10 American comedians.[3] In 2017, Rolling Stone magazine ranked him second (behind Richard Pryor) on its list of the 50 best stand-up comedians of all time.[4]