I have another question
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Oct. 23, 2021, 1:42 p.m.

I see the headline is 1.7 million illegal immigrants arrested at southern border

My Question??

What happens to these 1.7 million immigrants??

It seems rather a waste of resources unless some thing happens

So help me ought here

What happens after arrest

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 23, 2021, 9:20 p.m.
Like Reply

Excellent question Wayne.

I don't know if we can believe anything and for sure not everything that we are told from either side but it's an enormous crisis that appears to be  getting worse. There appears to be no good plan in place to manage it  with at least half a dozen different solutions and an inconsistency that features a half hazard rational for applying them. 

I wanted to cut and paste key statements in the article below to try to explain exactly what the policy is and what they are doing but after reading the article over twice and trying to use it that way.........I couldn't do it.

Some people get turned back to Northern Mexico. Some people are flown to southern Mexico. Some people get in, apparently all children. Some families get in. Some get $100 and are bused or flown to locations in the US. Alot of Haitians in recent months are getting flown back to Haiti, even though many of them left there after the 2010 earthquake. Some of them came all the way from living in South America for numerous years. Some are arrested. Some trying to get in were removed in prior months(which is one reason to fly them to S. Mexico to make it harder for them to return vs N. Mexico.

This article and others leave the reader with a confusing mish mash of explanations and numbers that provide no reliable numbers or data.......which may not even exist. 

Vice President Harris is supposedly working on fixing it by addressing the core issues in their native countries. Helping other countries is a good thing but the US will NEVER EVER be able to  fix anything but a fraction of the problems in the other 190 countries of the world. We can't even fix our own problems.

These people are not going to stop coming here because Kamala Harris turned their crummy countries into great places to live.  As long as our country continues to have 20  times more to offer them and they have a chance to get in..........they will continue to flock to our southern border.

Can you blame them?

It's not their fault. Most of them have nothing to lose and potentially a lot to gain. Most of them are good people and they want to work or be good citizens. There are, maybe 2 billion people like that in the world that would love to come to the US. 

Central America, South America,  Mexico, Cuba, Haiti, the Middle East, Africa, China, India to name many of those countries.......ok, make that 3 billion+ people that would prefer to live here.

Canada also has a wonderful economy and quality of life for its citizens but are they letting people in like this?

They have extremely strict rules on even entering as a visitor. You can't cross any locations from the US to Canada right now unless its been 14 days AFTER your 2nd COVID vaccination shot(of the 2 main vaccines). My wife's business partner got stopped trying to cross at the Ambassador bridge from Detroit to Windsor Ontario. Had a passport and 1 shot and they turned him away. Got his 2nd shot and came back...........got turned away again and told to come back in 14 days after the 2nd shot has had time to affect his immune system

He even had a letter from Canadian business partners stressing the urgency of his visit to Lindsey Ontario to help with a project that will help the government of Canada. No good. Canada has extremely  tight borders and they have more than 100 border crossing sites.

Totally different because the people trying to cross are from the US. Of course people flying in also have to have these credentials. 

Ironic that 40% of Americans not fully vaccinated can't travel to Canada at our northern border(because many refuse to get vaccinated) but while at the southern border it's like a sieve. COVID is not even the main issue at our southern border but I just wanted to show the difference between how tight your restrictions are to people getting in compared to ours.

Canada will NEVER have this problem.

Geographic location obviously gives you a huge advantage of course. But illegal aliens in the US or any of these people that we let in at the southern border...........if they decided to go farther north into Canada...........almost none of them could get in. 

Southern Border Humanitarian Crisis

https://disasterphilanthropy.org/disaster/southern-border-humanitarian-crisis/

By metmike - Oct. 23, 2021, 9:25 p.m.
Like Reply

U.S. starts mass expulsion of Haitian migrants from Texas border town

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/haitian-texas-migrants-mass-expulsion-del-rio-texas/

Actually, we discussed this at length a few weeks ago.

Two dangerous problems for the USA            

Started by GunterK - Oct. 2, 2021, 5:47 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75685/

illegals            

29 responses |    

Started by mcfarm - Sept. 17, 2021, 9:33 p.m.          

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75052/

By metmike - Oct. 23, 2021, 9:38 p.m.
Like Reply

It’s Not a Border Crisis. It’s a Climate Crisis.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/07/19/guatemala-immigration-climate-change-499281

metmike: Yea, right. The world's weather suddenly became apocalyptic when the Biden administration took over.

There has always been and will always be hurricanes,  droughts and floods and billions of poor people on the planet.

Larry made a good point previously that a couple of hurricanes hit Central America a year ago and that increased the people who were homeless but this has gone to an order of magnitude greater than what just the hurricanes could have caused.

Ton's of people that were not even in the hurricane zone.

https://www.facebook.com/bjornlomborg/photos/a.221758208967.168468.146605843967/10156615395793968/?type=3&theater

Bjørn Lomborg

M75aulrtcgt2h 1n1m31,to 0re2018  ·

Fewer and fewer people die from climate-related natural disasters.

This is clearly opposite of what you normally hear, but that is because we're often just being told of one disaster after another – telling us how *many* events are happening. The number of reported events is increasing, but that is mainly due to better reporting, lower thresholds and better accessibility (the CNN effect). For instance, for Denmark, the database only shows events starting from 1976.

Instead, look at the number of dead per year, which is much harder to fudge. Given that these numbers fluctuate enormously from year to year (especially in the past, with huge droughts and floods in China), they are here presented as averages of each decade (1920-29, 1930-39 etc, with last decade as 2010-17). The data is from the most respected global database, the International Disaster Database, http://emdat.be/emdat_db/. There is some uncertainty about complete reporting from early decades, which is why this graph starts in 1920, and if anything this uncertainly means the graph *underestimates* the reduction in deaths.

By metmike - Oct. 24, 2021, 2:22 a.m.
Like Reply

'Guess I should go’: Biden hasn’t ‘had time to get down’ to border despite 70 Delaware days

https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/joe-biden-guess-i-should-go-to-border/

President Biden on Thursday said, “I guess I should go” to the US-Mexico border, but that he hasn’t been able to find the time — despite spending at least part of 70 days in office collecting some R&R at one of his Delaware homes.

Biden said during a CNN town hall that he’s been to the border before, a claim for which Fox News recently reported it was unable to find evidence, and that he might go again. 

“I’ve been there before and I haven’t — I mean, I know it well. I guess I should go down. But the whole point of it is I haven’t had a whole hell of a lot of time to get down,” he said.

“I’ve been spending time going around looking at $900 billion worth of damage done by hurricanes and floods and weather and traveling around the world."

Whoa!

Of course not. Going down there would force him to acknowledge the truth and draw attention to  the real crisis. Same thing with Kamala Harris.

Just keep pretending that what's going on at the southern border is not really a crisis and instead,  spend a great deal of time focusing attention on the manufactured fake climate crisis. 

By metmike - Oct. 24, 2021, 2:37 a.m.
Like Reply

Weekly Border Update: October 22, 2021

With this series of weekly updates, WOLA seeks to cover the most important developments at the U.S.-Mexico border. See past weekly updates here.

https://adamisacson.com/tag/border-update/

Border migrant encounters appear to fall in September, capping off a fiscal year of very high levels

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has not yet released its count of undocumented migrants encountered at the U.S.-Mexico border in September—and thus in all of fiscal year 2021, which ended September 30. Nonetheless, the agency shared some numbers with the Washington Post’s Nick Miroff, and later with NBC News, showing what could be the largest number of migrant encounters ever recorded in a single year.

During fiscal 2021, CBP encountered 1.7 million migrants, 1.66 million of them between the land ports of entry (Border Patrol) and about 40,000 at the ports of entry (CBP’s Office of Field Operations). The 1.66 million exceeds the prior record of 1.64 million apprehensions Border Patrol reported in 2000, and 1.62 million in 1986.

This is an all time record going back to when records started for this metric 60 years ago.