sincere question MM
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Oct. 28, 2021, 6:07 p.m.

despite our differences about covid I admire your research and have a sincere question you will be able to answer. On the radio today a guy explained how Hawaii had been as closed as any state or nation and now has their numbers down to around 9 infections/100,000. Meanwhile Florida which has been more open than most any state or  nation has their numbers down to around 9 infections/100,00. Sound strange?

Comments
By metmike - Oct. 28, 2021, 10:06 p.m.
Like Reply

I’m at the gym and will respond after I get the chance to look on my computer.

Thanks for a great question.

By metmike - Oct. 29, 2021, 1:28 a.m.
Like Reply

I'm guessing that this is supposed to be a case to mean that it doesn't make a difference whether a state is closed or open.

Let me start by providing an example that will help you to understand the constant cherry picking going on by one side on this to trick people into believing what they want you to believe.

You remember what the weather was like during the widespread Cornbelt droughts of 1988 and 2012. Extremely hot with very little rain in June and July for instance.

The meteorologists would have all attributed  to the huge, blocking, rain suppressing heat ridge which caused rain amounts to be well below average  and temperatures to be well above average at most stations during those 2 months.

However, it didn't STOP all the rain everywhere, all the time. There were fronts that triggered scattered rains in some places on numerous occasions.......even though MOST locations didn't get much.

Let's say one of those fronts in July caused a decent rain event in part so Indiana and you got 1.5 inches of needed rain.

Would you ignore the rest of the countries dryness and how dry it was before then and say....Those meteorologists don't know what they are talking about, my rain gauge with 1.5 inches overnight proves there's no rain suppressing heat ridge dominating the weather! It can't be if I got a big rain. 

People are doing the same thing with the COVID and COVID vaccine statistics.

They look for anomolous data occuring in isolated places/states or at a specific points in time related to random variation and pluck it out and say..........see this proves blah, blah blah, while ignoring all the rest of the data that says the exact opposite.

Now that Florida's rate has dropped, all of a sudden its proof that staying open didn't hurt them.

This is very dishonest.

A look back 3 months ago shows that they were getting clobbered worse than any state in the US and had as many as 22% of the cases for the entire county.

Totally ignoring that and waiting for the rate to drop AND THEN using that as the example is cherry picking.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jul/27/erin-marie-olszewski/claim-rising-florida-covid-19-numbers-are-hype-pan/

"As of July 27, there were 397,718 new COVID-19 cases in the U.S. in the last week, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. More than 22% — 87,470 — were in Florida.

Florida had 407.3 cases per 100,000 people as of July 27, the second-highest rate, behind Louisiana’s 441.

Over the same time period, Florida recorded 370 COVID-19 deaths, highest among the states. Texas was second, with 201."

metmike: Why are their numbers lower now? Probably several factors Staying warm/humid helps maintain a very unfavorable environment for COVID. They may have hit a level of  herd immunity. The way you want to do this, is not how FL did it , however. You want to achieve it mostly from vaccinations......NOT from leading the nation in people getting sick from COVID and also in deaths. Herd immunity that way takes an undesirable toll on human health and lives. 

So your source waited til now to make this comparison(when the FL rate finally dropped) but did he compare the overall deaths since the pandemic started?

Guess where Florida ranked there?

Out of 50 states, they had the 3rd highest number of deaths at almost 59,000. Only CA  and TX had more deaths.

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/

So I could stop there and use that to trick you into thinking that things were really bad in FL after all but I will continue on to show that FL's population is actually the 3rd highest and so their COVID deaths being the 3rd highest are actually expected.

I would have to look closer at everything to do a better comprehensive analysis but one must use the big picture and  show ALL the stats for an entire period, not a snapshot of right now that is cherry picked because it shows what you want to show.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/states

So there does seem to be a possible case that shows shutting down does not greatly help those locations locked down as much as the damage that it does.

Cloth masks are also over rated. N95 masks are the only ones that work.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75868

By mcfarm - Oct. 29, 2021, 6:46 a.m.
Like Reply

thanks for the info

By metmike - Oct. 29, 2021, 2:24 p.m.
Like Reply

yw mcfarm!