Re: Bill Maher expressed disinterest in critical race theory
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by kris - Nov. 3, 2021, 3:34 p.m.

https://marketforum.com/forum/topic/76934/

I referenced Bill in the above thread which was apparently "ill received" due to my feeble attempt at humor ?

So let me quote him again:

"And then there’s shaming. That definition has been rewritten to mean anything that suggests I’m not 100% perfect.

I’m not fat shaming when I call bull**** on the idea that a person can be healthy at any size.

We’re so through the looking glass on this that Weight Watchers changed their name to “WW.”

The weight loss people can’t mention weight loss.

Adele was shamed for losing weight, like she was a traitor to what, unhealthiness?

When I have reported the statistic that 78% of the people who died or were hospitalized with COVID were overweight, that’s not fat shaming, that’s fatsplaining.

It’s what the CDC should be doing"

Bill Maher

This salient fact is of course the elephant in the room and certainly the CDC, as Bill mentions doesn't want to talk about it.

Think about it: nearly eight out of ten people who died or went to the hospital because of covid were either fat and/or obese. Figure that the other roughly 22% were mostly those people most at risk: the elderly.

Shall we now mandate a stay at the Betty Ford clinic for the 78 percenters ... ?

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 3, 2021, 7:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks kris,

I totally get it and the humor.

No problem either in changing subjects or using part of the subject to morph in a different direction.

I just try to comment on whatever the subject or latest  comments are.

This is the one that I was referring to being  puzzled about.

However, in thinking about it, I realized that you might have been typing on your phone and instead of Biden, it put down Brandon and I wasn't sharp enough to catch it.

So I get that one now too.

No problems. I get the humor there too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bill Maher expressed disinterest in critical race theory, saying he was "out" if it meant segregating children by race            

By kris - Nov. 2, 2021, 5:56 p.m.            

Y'all don't give Brandon enough credit. 

He has THE solution: bring back The Great Depression = no more fatsos = no more covid = reelected by a landslide in 2024.

The brilliance of that man I'll tell ya ....

By metmike - Nov. 3, 2021, 7:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Here's an even better link to your post than the ones that I posted:

CDC study finds about 78% of people hospitalized for Covid were overweight or obese

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/08/covid-cdc-study-finds-roughly-78percent-of-people-hospitalized-were-overweight-or-obese.html

• About 78% of people who have been hospitalized, needed a ventilator or died from Covid-19 have been overweight or obese, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said in a new study Monday.
  • Just over 42% of the U.S. population was considered obese in 2018, according to the agency’s most recent statistics. Overweight is defined as having a body mass index of 25 or more, while obesity is defined as having a BMI of 30 or more.
  • “As clinicians develop care plans for COVID-19 patients, they should consider the risk for severe outcomes in patients with higher BMIs, especially for those with severe obesity,” the CDC wrote.

metmike: So with 42% of people in the general population being obese, it says that being obese almost doubles your chances of really bad outcomes with COVID.

That is not saying that being obese is always the cause because almost half the population is obese and many have other conditions that can contribute or also be the only cause.

And being obese causes conditions that can cause the COVID to get bad. So you might be diabetic or have heart disease from being obese for 40 years and the weak heart or bad kidneys or lungs are what get you.

It would be interesting to compare healthy fat people with those that have a condition that was caused from being fat.

Conditions from being fat are not always detectable though.

Being fat can cause a compromised immune system or an autoimmune disorder or chronic inflammation.

As you know from somebody that understands all this, an over reacting immune system in the later stage that's causing cytokine storms is what kills many to most people at that stage.

This is why steroids to modulate and calm down the immune response saves lives late in the game.

Early on, steroids are harmful because you need the most powerful immune response from the get go to crush COVID quickly before it spreads like a wildfire.

Being vaccinated has your immune system already programmed to recognize it quickly and immediatly making massive amounts of antibodies to defeat it while its in an early stage.

Many of the treatments that we(you and me) showed last month help do this too.........including Ivermectin that my wife and i took after we think she had a mild case of it. 

Best Treatments for COVID(outside of the vaccine)!            

12 responses |             

Started by metmike - Sept. 26, 2021, 9:28 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75440/

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ivermectin/how to get to the truth            

By metmike - Sept. 26, 2021, 8:55 p.m.          

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/74636/#75439

By metmike - Nov. 4, 2021, 5:55 p.m.
Like Reply

Hopefully, my use of the word fat was not offensive to anybody. If so, then I apologize.

It does seem odd that fat is unkind and obese, overweight or words like that are ok.

Maybe because of the history behind its use.

By kris - Nov. 4, 2021, 7:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Everything is "offensive" nowadays?

We have to apologize in advance for possibly hurting someone's feelings?

Same thing happened with the fine poster who got us laughing good with the rules for living in Iowa, felt the need to apologize fearful of hurting someone's "feelings".

Can't believe this is what society is coming to. Personally I am not responsible for anyone's feelings, too bad I guess.