Migrant caravan forces Mexican National Guard to retreat
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Nov. 6, 2021, 6:34 p.m.
Comments
By metmike - Nov. 6, 2021, 6:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter!
That was pretty insane stuff!

By GunterK - Nov. 6, 2021, 8:38 p.m.
Like Reply

It seems to me, when the other officers saw one of own beaten unconscious, it was time to pull their weapons. This guy could have died.

The migrants learnt from this experience... they can do whatever they want.  There are no consequences.

By metmike - Nov. 6, 2021, 10:17 p.m.
Like Reply

Yes, it was shocking to watch them get violently attacked and not better defend themselves.

What the heck was the thinking here?

They must have some sort of non violent protocol/training that doesn’t take into account an event/attack  like this. 

You could see pretty clearly that it was destined to fail from the get go.

Whoever the law enforcement person was that made the decision made the decision to continue their cops into the onslaught this way should have charges brought against them for gross negligence/incompetence and at the very least be removed from their job.

Ideally the criminals could be identified and prosecuted but that ain’t happenin. 

By WxFollower - Nov. 7, 2021, 12:27 a.m.
Like Reply

Keep in mind that most migrants aren’t evil/bad guys. Most are struggling and many have been victims of weather. I’m not defending them but rather I’m just trying to get  them some empathy as fellow human beings. They’re typically in very difficult situations making them desperate to do illegal things to help them and their families as quickly as possible. There’s no telling if any one person in their shoes would do the same in a similar situation.

By GunterK - Nov. 7, 2021, 1:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Don’t get me wrong… I do have compassion for people living in poverty around the globe.

There are people living in Africa who have it much worse than those in Central America.

In our large cities, we can’t drive very far without seeing people living in cardboard boxes in the park or on our sidewalks. Homeless children among them.  Nobody should have to live like this.

No doubt, these migrants all want a better life, some place else. Many of them would love to work for a living. But then, when the Mexican government offered them asylum and jobs, why are there no takers? Because of all the freebies in the US?

If I remember correctly, Trump made an agreement with Mexico… Mexico was supposed to stop “caravans” like this.  Maybe, Biden has not yet reversed this agreement.

The question was raised, why was the Mexican guard even deployed like this? What did they expect?

These soldiers should have at least been allowed to use tear gas and sticks to defend themselves.  Maybe Guard officials believed this was a peaceful group that would stop marching when confronted?

This group of migrants broke through the border of Guatemala with violence. They broke through the Southern border of Mexico with violence,, and now, they are on their way to the USA. They know, that nobody can stop them, not even a military force as the one they just encountered.

When they arrive at the US borders, we will most likely see a different picture. They will be wearing Biden shirts and put women and children up front.

On the other hand, maybe they won’t. Maybe this time, they will attack our Border Patrol officers and hit and rob them. They now know they can do this and get away with it.

What would you say, if you saw scenes like this take place on the street you live on?

By metmike - Nov. 7, 2021, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

"Maybe this time, they will attack our Border Patrol officers and hit and rob them. They now know they can do this and get away with it."

So over a million in the last year stopped at the southern border of the US and it didn't happen and you watching this video changes that?

The southern border is a mismanaged crisis without a doubt and Biden is responsible. However, let's not take a video of a big mob with violent abhorrent behavior at an incident in Southern Mexico and extrapolate into something bigger.

I sure wouldn't want these people as neighbors though.

By WxFollower - Nov. 7, 2021, 2:53 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter and Mike,

I agree with most of your points. This MX guard unit should have been allowed to defend themselves more aggressively, especially after the one got knocked out and robbed. I’m not at all defending this horrible mob and I sure wouldn’t want them as neighbors!!

By metmike - Nov. 7, 2021, 3:14 p.m.
Like Reply

It is a powerful example of why we should only let in people that ARE VETTED by the process/system and apply thru the proper channels.

There's room for tons of (deserving) people.........but not this riff raff.

By GunterK - Nov. 7, 2021, 3:27 p.m.
Like Reply

metmike,

I didn't mean to exaggerate this situation.   As I already stated.... most likely, when they arrive at the US border, what we will see on our TVs is a bunch of women and children, wearing the popular Joe Biden  T-shirts, with the violent guys hiding behind them...   showing kids on TV always works.

I only hope that our officers are allowed to defend themselves, should violence break out.

Since both of you said that you would not want these guys in your neighborhood,  would you want them in your country?

But then... I am sure, Kamala Harris will take care of all this.

By metmike - Nov. 7, 2021, 5:18 p.m.
Like Reply

I wouldn't want them in ANYBODY's neighborhood in the country.

By WxFollower - Nov. 7, 2021, 5:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Gunter, no, not these guys!!

By mcfarm - Nov. 7, 2021, 6:55 p.m.
Like Reply

so guys please, just whos neighboe do you thin they are going to be,,,,lets guess  Bidens, Kerrys. ohhh I know the Clintons,,,,or Pelosi sure old Nancy will helping them unpack right next door...time to wake up people and quit being so naive

By WxFollower - Nov. 7, 2021, 8:05 p.m.
Like Reply

To clarify, I wouldn't want them anywhere in the US.