Here are the six latest Trump allies to be subpoenaed by Jan. 6 panel
16 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 8, 2021, 9:08 p.m.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/580642-the-six-people-subpoenaed-by-the-jan-6-committee

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol released six new subpoenas Monday, targeting top campaign aides of former President Trump, the man behind the memo encouraging the campaign to focus on Congress’s certification of the vote, and others involved in the effort to overturn the 2020 election.

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 8, 2021, 9:18 p.m.
Like Reply

How lawmakers are investigating the Jan. 6 riot

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/how-lawmakers-are-investigating-the-jan-6-riot/

The House committee tasked with investigating the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol has been ramping up its efforts in recent weeks, issuing subpoenas to nearly 20 individuals, including four of former President Donald Trump’s advisers and associates.

Lawmakers on the committee have made clear that they want to move quickly to obtain testimony and documents related to the attack. One witness summoned to testify, former Trump White House adviser Steve Bannon, is facing a criminal contempt referral after defying the panel’s subpoena.

Here’s a deeper look at the committee, its mission and how it operates:

WHY IS CONGRESS INVESTIGATING?

Unlike some previous investigations in the Trump era — including the Russia probes and the impeachment inquiry into Trump’s interactions with Ukraine — the central facts of the Jan. 6 insurrection are known. A group of Trump supporters, fueled by his false claims of a stolen election, brutally assaulted police and smashed their way into the Capitol to interrupt the certification of President Joe Biden’s victory.

But there are still unanswered questions about the attack on the Capitol, and lawmakers say they are committed to presenting a full accounting to make sure it never happens again.

The committee is looking into every aspect of the riot, including what Trump himself was doing while it unfolded and any connections between the White House and the rioters who broke into the building.

The panel is also investigating how the protests leading up to and during the insurrection were financed, including the rally at the Ellipse on Jan. 6 preceding the riot.

“The biggest black box though is what was the president’s role? What was the role of people in the White House? What did the president know about who was coming to this rally?” 

By TimNew - Nov. 9, 2021, 4:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Of course Jan 6th demands more of our time, attention and effort than anything else going on anywhere.

And yes, this is sarcasm.  Relatively speaking, Jan 6th is very far down the scale, yet somehow remains in the forefront.  There were 100's of investigations into every aspect, from individual inestigations by law enforcement,  to the house investigation, the senate investigation,  the DOJ investigation.  Did I forget any?  Probably.  It's impossible to keep track.

If at all possible,  this single event may have been investigated more than Trump himself, but of course we know that's impossible.

For those of you who don't pay attention, this is known as a distraction.   If Trump stops hinting around at another run, if he quietly disappears,  so will all of this.

By metmike - Nov. 9, 2021, 10:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Seems to me that the main affect has been for Trump supporters to scream even louder that he and they are victim's, always being persecuted mercilessness.

I actually hadn't posted this for weeks during the investigation but read about several facts that I didn't know before and have renewed interest, personally to potentially learn what Trump was doing beforehand to help this event along that we didn't know.

Just like I've always been interested in the Durham report revealing corruption in to the Mueller Witchhunt.  Or Hillary's corruption and emails.

But you are absolutely right, those things got brushed under that rug because the corrupt entities were not Trump. 

By mcfarm - Nov. 9, 2021, 8:13 p.m.
Like Reply

'smashed their way into the capitol"  we need to know the answer to this because of the way the way the dems and their working right arm the msm have portrayed the event. Were there more people invited in and shown around into the very well of the capitol or more "smashed in" also just when are the charges being filed on the armed guard who shot an unarmed women because he was not qualified to hold that position. Don't look too close you will shocked on what you might find about exactly who the racists are in DC

By metmike - Nov. 9, 2021, 10:27 p.m.
Like Reply

Just like I  personally wanted the truth to come out with Mueller/Durham, Biden and Clinton, let's get the truth out about Trump with this issue.

Obviously, the investigators are blatantly biased and covered up those previous ones.....who are getting away with their crimes...... but that doesn't mean Trumps role in this should also be covered up or not reported objectively here. 

I presented the cases AGAINST, Mueller, Clinton and Biden with many dozens of posts and will now do the same with Trump.........report the objective evidence.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75018/

Hunter back in the news            

9 responses |        

Started by metmike - July 3, 2021, 3:25 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/71953/

More smoking gun evidence on Bidens            

78 responses |                1046 likes            

Started by metmike - Oct. 14, 2020, 7:39 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60077/

John Durham Grand Jury Indicts Lawyer Whose Firm Represented Democrats in 2016            

Started by metmike - Sept. 16, 2021, 8:37 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/75018/

More Mueller corruption!                                                 

Started by metmike - Sept. 11, 2020, 6:44 p.m.           

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/59031/

At Least 27 Phones from Special Counsel’s Office Were Wiped before DOJ Inspector General Could Review Them

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/at-least-27-phones-from-special-counsels-office-were-wiped-before-doj-inspector-general-could-review-them/

FISA report: DOJ watchdog releases findings on Russia probe surveillance                                                                   Started by metmike - Dec. 9, 2019, 1:12 p.m.  

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/44076/

IG testimony today            

Started by wglassfo - Dec. 11, 2019, 5:09 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/44129/

Alan Dershowitz: Stone indictment follows concerning Mueller pattern

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/427020-alan-dershowitz-stone-indictment-follows-concerning-mueller-pattern ...

This is exactly like what Mueller did for 3 years!

More Mueller corruption!       

Started by metmike - Sept. 11, 2020, 6:44 p.m.        

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/59031/

Re: Re: Pardon for Michael Flynn            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/61735/#61805

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60589/#60599

Reviewing Muellers corruption with facts:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/55925/#55961

They got away with this one too:

June 2016:  Loretta Lynch-Bill Clinton meeting.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/24146/#24224

By TimNew - Nov. 10, 2021, 3:31 a.m.
Like Reply

Seems to me that the main affect has been for Trump supporters to scream even louder that he and they are victim's, always being persecuted mercilessness.

Yes MM. Of course.  That exactly what we're doing.

We don't care that there is incriminating evidence on Hunter and Joe thats being ignored.  Nope. That Hunter is anonomously seeling paintings  for a half million.  Nope.  Why  should we care about that?  That Hillary, at least so far has totally skated on everything from cattle futures to bleaching her server to the Steele Dossier and who knows what else.

Nope.  What bothers us is that everyone is always pickin on us..     You hit the nail right oin the head there.  Thanks for clearing it up.

By metmike - Nov. 10, 2021, 9:18 a.m.
Like Reply

Bingo. Hit the target, bullseye, dead center, Tim!

That describes it exactly.

Your sides inability to distinguish between when it’s being persecuted unjustly along with the other sides frequent displays of unchallenged corruption .........which I agree strongly with and YOUR sides corruption which this is a clear/obvious example of by any objective mind....and I strongly disagree with you on here.

You only see the other sides corruption and scream bloody murder when it’s time to be held accountable for yours.

Corruption is corruption. 

The big lie and insurrection was/is diabolical corruption to the core.

In the ethical world, you don’t get to justify your corruption with a defense of 

1.  The  other side’s corruption....they do more than we do.

2. Denial

3. DISinformation

Corruption is CORRUPTION.

I realize that politics here and elsewhere define everything as your/their party always being right and the other party always being wrong so objective justice is a meaningless expression Because it does not compute in brains where tribalism dictates entirely how the person thinks!

By cfdr - Nov. 10, 2021, 10:28 a.m.
Like Reply

Going into the 2022 elections, this seems to be all that the Democrats have.  They will NOT turn loose of it.

I liked a comment I saw once to an article about this:

THE FBI ARRESTED THE FBI AT THE FBI RALLY IN D.C.

By metmike - Nov. 11, 2021, 6:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Appeals court temporarily blocks archives from handing Trump records to Jan. 6 committee

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/581198-appeals-court-temporarily-blocks-archives-from-handing-trump-records

A federal appeals court on Thursday intervened to temporarily block the National Archives from handing over Trump administration records to the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol ahead of a Friday deadline.

A three-judge panel for the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals issued a temporary injunction keeping the records from being turned over to allow former President Trump to continue his legal challenge. 

"The purpose of this administrative injunction is to protect the court’s jurisdiction to address [Trump's] claims of executive privilege and should not be construed in any way as a ruling on the merits," the panel said in a brief order. 

The panel also set a rapid pace for Trump's appeal, scheduling oral arguments for Nov. 30.

The injunction comes after a frantic week of court filings, with Trump's legal team scrambling to head off the Friday deadline despite a federal judge ruling Tuesday the documents must be released.

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan said in her decision that Trump had little authority as a former president to interfere with the exchange between the executive and legislative branches. 

Trump quickly appealed and asked Chutkan to stay her own decision while the legal challenge continued in the D.C. Circuit. On Wednesday the judge declined, forcing Trump to file an emergency motion with the appeals court. 

The Justice Department and the select committee chose not to oppose the emergency motion.

Trump's next filing with the appeals court is due on Tuesday.

By mcfarm - Nov. 14, 2021, 3:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Just where is this mystery you are talking about MM? Trump was in public much of the day. Remember he gave a speech and cautioned protestors to be civil and respectful then retired back to the WH....What did you all think he was in the back of the capitol organizing that lone black unqualified guard to shoot that unarmed x service women dead? What a dark shady person That Trump guy is. Hell, when asked he will tell you to your face what and when he is going to do something and dare you  to stop him.

By metmike - Nov. 14, 2021, 6:10 p.m.
Like Reply

That's quite a version that you have of Trump's contribution mcfarm(all he did was give a speech to tell protesters to be civil and respectful).

Trump is an honest guy that will tell you the truth to your face and he would have told us if he had any involvement in this. 

I won't bother to show anything that contradicts it because you wouldn't believe a word of it.

Let's find out the facts..........shall we.

Then we'll know what really happened. You're not opposed to that are you?

By metmike - Nov. 14, 2021, 6:20 p.m.
Like Reply

Let me guess, you will only believe the results of any investigation if it completely clears Trump and if it doesn't........the other side conspired to get him.

I'm with you on the corrupt Mueller WitchHunt which did exactly that.

But I can tell the difference between when Trump was/is innocent and when he's wasn't innocent.

For you, it will always be innocent, even when proven guilty with objective facts beyond any shadow of a doubt. Am I right?

And Biden is always wrong about everything all the time. 

By mcfarm - Nov. 14, 2021, 6:25 p.m.
Like Reply

wow, this seems much like that Russian thing. You portray Trump as some dark, mysterious lurking no good and Hillary is on vacation sipping booze with Brenner, clapper and that whole bunch laughing their ass off. As Tim has mentioned there are more "investigation"s of 1/6 than we can shake a stick at....so go ahead , make investigate til the cows come home but investigate, not this crap like the hearing this week when the dems were 3 hours late and thr R's then could not even present their chief witness....what kind of investigation is that exactly???? youtube video of Jim Jordon trying to get the dems to comply and they cut him off and closed the hearing......woooowww lets investigate just like that

as far as "is biden always wrong"..kind of childish in my opinion buy damn man the story is he has never been right about a foreign policy position, judging by his cabinet he has not a wit of an idea on how to pick qualified staff, the mess he alone has made at out boarder and closing of economy would lock him up in most countries...shall I go on

and this just in from his former boss...."do not underestimate Biden's ability to xuck things up" 

By metmike - Nov. 14, 2021, 6:35 p.m.
Like Reply

"wow, this seems much like that Russian thing"

I just told you that I'm certain that the Mueller investigation was a Witch Hunt and you completely mischaracterized me.

Fine. I'm just trying to get mcfarm to challenge himself and open his mind to more than FOX and Trump.  Does it make sense to you that they are right and honest all of the time and CNN and Biden/Fauci are wrong lying all of the time.

OK, never mind because you probably think that actually makes sense.

We'll just have to see what the investigation shows, won't we.

I'll accept the results completely.

This CAN'T be like the Mueller investigation that was able to bamboozle us because we never had any idea what was going on.........which is exactly why/how they got away with it.

In this case.............all the authentic facts are there.

There's no making anything up or hiding anything(other than what Trump is blocking)

The investigation will show all the words, all the actions, all the events and all the times by everybody involved........facts are facts.

I trust authentic facts.

How about you mcfarm?

By metmike - Nov. 14, 2021, 7:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Trump Rails Against 1/6 Investigation as Subpoenas Gain Force, Rioters Sentenced

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-rails-against-1-6-investigation-subpoenas-gain-force-rioters-sentenced-1649063?utm_source=PushnamiMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=automatic&UTM=1636930936691&subscriberId=60906021e94838e5a1071a4c

Former President Donald Trump railed against the investigation into the January 6 Capitol riot, two days after his ex-adviser Steve Bannon was indicted for defying a subpoena from the House select committee's probe of the insurrection.

In a Sunday statement posted to Twitter by his spokesperson Liz Harrington, Trump asked why "the people and states who cheated on the election" were not being investigated, repeating an unfounded claim that the 2020 presidential election was stolen.

By metmike - Nov. 15, 2021, 2:03 p.m.
Like Reply

Steve Bannon surrenders after indictment on contempt of Congress charges

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/581546-steve-bannon-surrenders-after-indictment-on-contempt-of-congress                                                   

Onetime Trump White House strategist Stephen Bannon surrendered himself to law enforcement Monday, and was set to appear for a hearing after he was indicted by a federal grand jury for defying a congressional subpoena.

Bannon is facing two charges of criminal contempt of Congress, one for failing to appear for an Oct. 14 deposition before the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol and another for refusal to provide documents to the panel.

The charges were filed by the Department of Justice on Friday, leaving Bannon facing a minimum of 30 days and a maximum of one year in jail, as well as a fine of $100 to $1,000 if convicted.

Flanked by a man holding a sign reading “coup plotter” as he entered into federal custody on Monday, Bannon briefly spoke to supporters on a livestream on the right-wing Gettr platform.

“I want you guys to stay focused, stay on message. Remember signal, not noise,” he said.

“I don't want anybody to take your eye off the ball of what we do every day.”

The move by the Justice Department comes as the Jan. 6 committee is facing a mounting number of uncooperative former White House employees, including former President Trump's chief of staff Mark Meadows, who failed to appear for a deposition last Friday. 

But Bannon’s surrender on Monday comes as some observers say he may try to cast himself as a martyr for Trump.

“Mr. Bannon will comply with our investigation or he will face the consequences. Maybe he’s willing to be a martyr to the disgraceful cause of whitewashing what happened on January 6th — of demonstrating his complete loyalty to the former President,” the committee's chairman, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), said of Bannon when the Jan. 6 panel first voted to refer him for criminal contempt charges in October.

“So I want other witnesses to understand something very plainly: If you’re thinking of following the path Mr. Bannon has gone down, you’re on notice that this is what you’ll face,” Thompson added.

Bannon will be processed by the FBI and is expected to appear in court later Monday.